Why do progressive liberals hate Glenn Beck?

The main stream news spun (which is very biased,who have 3 or more liberals talking points against 1 conservative, on most of their shows) the lie that Beck was fired.

You've heard that Fox News fired Glenn Beck, right? You heard that Fox couldn't manage him anymore. You read that network president Roger Ailes canned him to stem the rush of advertisers fleeing his program. You saw on the evening news that his program has been shedding viewers so fast Beck can hardly stop crying. All not true.

Those headlines and news leads have been repeated so often it’s safe to assume they’re all true. Even Beck’s kids must think their old man got a pink slip.

Except that he didn’t.

The grossly misleading headlines are typical of competing networks and talking heads that prefer a controversial story about sinking ships to the truth. Of course they’re rooting for Fox and Beck’s collective failures; that’s the game plan in a highly competitive marketplace.

The real surprise would have been if the Los Angeles Times or other news outlets had reported the situation more accurately. Isn’t it a better story when you hear Beck was fired because he didn’t get along with network brass? Don’t your ears perk up when some talking head reports that Beck’s gig has suddenly become the biggest television flop since "The Chevy Chase Show"?

Unfortunately, the truth is much less controversial.

The fair and balanced reality is Beck’s contract was set to expire this year. He and his vastly underrated business and creative teams at Mercury Radio Arts have long considered a change when he became, in effect, a free agent. It’s not what his detractors want you to hear, but if Beck and his production company had wanted to keep the daily show, he would have signed a new deal and continued clubbing the competition.

Until people get it into their heads that the news is about ratings, competition,spin and not really accurate news many will continue to believe the spins and lies.

The only difference between Fox and all the rest of the news, is because they have a more equal balance of liberals and conservative in their talking points.
When bills are reported on Fox they give the bill numbers so that you can go to Thomas.gov and look it up. The other news doesn't do that, you have to watch c-span to get those numbers.
The main stream news has a lot more edited quotes from politicians than Fox ever has.

Peach, go look up Cleon Skousen and read about him and his works, then look up the John Birch Society and its info (and for heavens sakes, go to friendly sources), then read 'Joseph Smith and the Constitution Hanging by a Thread and the Elders of Zion."

You do all that, and you will understand Glenn Beck.

What has that got to do with, Beck was not fired and that he quit ?
I'm talking about how all of our news does their reporting.

He quit because Roger told him his contract would not be renegotiated, which was fine with Glenn. Part of the reason for the unwillingness of Fox to negotiate was the material of the post above. Even Roger went "wow, too strange a dude for even us!"

Liberals have such a fit about Fox News and want it off the air,yet MSNBC is just fine.
Conservatives do not want to get the main stream media or MSNBC off the air.
Fox has around 2 million viewers and to hear liberals talk about them, you would think that all 55 million of registered Republican voters watch Fox news.
One station that has conservative leanings and the left have a fit about it and want it off the air.

http://archive.mrc.org/biasbasics/pdf/BiasBasics.pdf

Liberal Journalists outnumber Conservatives by 5:1
Even the libs see liberal bias.

No one wants Fox gone: too much wacky fun and plastic blonds.

No one wants MSNBC gone: too much wacky fun and funny blitzy gay gals and guys.

They are not news stations, merely opinion and commentary.

I try to watch about 30 minutes of each daily.

Glenn Beck ???

Wasnt he the intellectual counterpart to Keith Olbermann?
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.....let's seeeeeeeeeeeeeee.........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a8r46PQDbU]Pittsburgh killer inspired by Beck - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mQ6jV6VgQI]Glenn Beck barks ((( are you losing it glenn?))) - YouTube[/ame]

Hardly.

(That's not-hardly, for you Bush-fans.)

I have no use for Olbermann, O'Donnell, Beck, and Rush. I listen to Glenn to see just how badly he can mash up his own brew of LDS political philosophy and American culture; he is a hoot!

The point is: far righties and far lefties want to shut off the other side if they can. That's why the middle is so more important than the far right or the far left.

A "Fairness Doctrine" is sorely needed.....................So liberals can finally be heard !
I'll agree to the fairness doctrine after a decade long test of it's effectiveness in Hollywood and Network newsrooms. I'm sure the left would LOVE to have an equal amount of right leaning films and reporting happening as compared to the sham they have now.

Beck also is seeing the future, and it's not in network cable, but on line. The Huffington Post has shown this to be true. So Beck did the same where he has total control of his content.

Yes! He sees the future! Like I said, I loved the episode when he saw the future and predicted that Obama would enslave all of mankind by destroying Israel last year!
:lol::lol::lol:

The guy is a loon but he sure was entertaining!

Beck also is seeing the future, and it's not in network cable, but on line. The Huffington Post has shown this to be true. So Beck did the same where he has total control of his content.

Yes! He sees the future! Like I said, I loved the episode when he saw the future and predicted that Obama would enslave all of mankind by destroying Israel last year!
:lol::lol::lol:

The guy is a loon but he sure was entertaining!
I'd ask you to quit being an idiot, but I beleive that is beyond your ability.

Beckists are pathetic.

Beck took an oath not to lie and then promptly told a lie about having a founding US document in his hands.

Last edited:
I thought this thread should have some redeeming value so:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOZp2ZftCw]Snowball (TM) - Another One Bites The Dust - YouTube[/ame]

I would love to know how Glenn Beck is wrong or is "crazy."

I've never really heard progressives give an explanation.

I would love to know how Glenn Beck is wrong or is "crazy."

I've never really heard progressives give an explanation.

Mr. Nick's statement demonstrates N is a crazy wrong. What a moronic statement.

Forum List

Back