Why do people want to talk about celebrities that died...?

I've seen this on message board... it's the silliest thing ever.

Oh, that's tragic.
I feel so bad for the family.
RIP <thus and such>

People just like to hear themselves talk.. nonsense.
You don't even know these people!

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

I've never understood peoples fascination with celebrities.
I dont give a rats ass about em one way or another.
Unless of course it's in joke form...
Kinda like .....Kim Kardashian has fucked more blackmen than sickle cell anemia.

Why people like to idolize loser celebs is beyond me, like Michael Jackson, for example. He was weird as could possibly be with his facial modifications, sex with little boys, and his enormous drug issues. Is that something to hold up as a model and emulate? I'll bet Elvis hasn't stopped turning over in his grave knowing his baby girl married that creep.
"Sex with little boys?" You're so full of shit, it's coming out of your ears.

Surely you're not denying jackson was a pedo?

It irks me. Someone dies and it's like people can't get on USMB fast enough to start a thread about it.

Really? Get a life or come up with something a little more original.....
Why does it irk you? Don't open the thread and don't respond. You come off as wanting to control what people find interesting to discuss.

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

Kinda like .....Kim Kardashian has fucked more blackmen than sickle cell anemia.

Why people like to idolize loser celebs is beyond me, like Michael Jackson, for example. He was weird as could possibly be with his facial modifications, sex with little boys, and his enormous drug issues. Is that something to hold up as a model and emulate? I'll bet Elvis hasn't stopped turning over in his grave knowing his baby girl married that creep.

He absolutely isn't. And he was never even accused of "sex with boys".

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

You're fucking kidding right?

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

Do I look like I'm kidding?
unhappy-072.png

unhappy-072.png

Dude,he paid millions in hush money.

unhappy-072.png

He threw money at the problem to make it go away. Rich people do that. Intelligent people know that proves nothing.

unhappy-072.png

He threw money at the problem to make it go away. Rich people do that. Intelligent people know that proves nothing.

Yeah...he had his own amusement park and had sleepovers with little boys.
But it was all good clean fun....dont forget to drink your Jesus juice.

.... and so my thread proves it's point... thank you, thank you very much...

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

Do you feel the same about threads started for the victims of mass shootings? For fallen soldiers? How about if someone starts a thread mourning a child who's death from disease is for some reason made public?

I understand that the connection some people feel towards celebrities can be weird and extreme. I also get not mourning their death; I don't usually care much about artists as people, it is their art which concerns me. However, people have always mourned for those they didn't know. The reasons are varied and change from person to person. It certainly isn't limited to celebrities and it cannot be answered simply why people care so much.

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

Do you feel the same about threads started for the victims of mass shootings? For fallen soldiers? How about if someone starts a thread mourning a child who's death from disease is for some reason made public?

I understand that the connection some people feel towards celebrities can be weird and extreme. I also get not mourning their death; I don't usually care much about artists as people, it is their art which concerns me. However, people have always mourned for those they didn't know. The reasons are varied and change from person to person. It certainly isn't limited to celebrities and it cannot be answered simply why people care so much.

I think sadness, death and mourning are very personal.
I think most people talk about these things for (1) attention and (2) to feel connected to others.
Not for any "real" purpose or reason.

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

I think most people talk about these things for (1) attention and (2) to feel connected to others.

Define real.

And people also talk about their grief as a way to try and alleviate the pain. You've never heard the phrase 'talking about it will make you feel better'?

Dead and gone move on. Just because they are famous, makes them no more relevant in my mind. I enjoyed their product but they are dead and gone...... nothing to discuss.... pointless and non-productive.
If something that they are known for meant something to you, like a movie that they starred in for example, then in my opinion, they are very much worth saying something about. No, you never knew them personally, but you did enjoy something that they had something to do with, something that is still very much here even after they have gone. To me, it is nice when a person is remembered in a good way. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Dead and gone move on. Just because they are famous, makes them no more relevant in my mind. I enjoyed their product but they are dead and gone...... nothing to discuss.... pointless and non-productive.
If something that they are known for meant something to you, like a movie that they starred in for example, then in my opinion, they are very much worth saying something about. No, you never knew them personally, but you did enjoy something that they had something to do with, something that is still very much here even after they have gone. To me, it is nice when a person is remembered in a good way. :) :) :)

Holly

You're a sweet person Jo. It's hard to argue with you... so I won't :)

^^^ Thank you. :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Lately I've been listening to a singer who isn't here anymore, but who I think was a wonderful singer, the lead guy in this video.

Last edited:

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

So I guess I am nonsensical for posting about Brown's death, eh?

Why do people complain about topics they have no interest in yet bust ass to participate while complaining?
Such silliness.

I just think it's lame. If that is busting ass so be it.... I have a right to discuss that as much as you do someone that died that you have no clue about personally....
Hypocrite much?

You seem to like to hear yourself talk. How many threads have you started since you showed up. And some of your topics are nonsense as well but you don't see anyone whining about it, do ya?:blahblah:

Because they are people. :cuckoo:
Celebrities have the same ( although sometimes exaggerated issues) just like everyone else. We "know" them by movies, music ect....they touch are lives in a way.
Decent people acknowledge someones passing, pay respect to what they contributed and wish their loved ones the best..
Bears repeating.

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

Youve started threads practically asking the count and color of peoples pubic hairs...yet commenting on a death has no purpose. alrighty! lol

Oh, that's tragic.
RIP <thus and such>

Youve started threads practically asking the count and color of peoples pubic hairs...yet commenting on a death has no purpose. alrighty! lol

Well, it's all about me (oops! Did I type that "out loud"!?) ;)

Forum List

Back