Why Do I Like Guns?

All the same I like the OP.

I can dig that. I've had a lot of fun with guns and knives. I'm just glad I don't have to depend on them for survival.
Fun with guns and knives?

Kinda what I'm talking about, isn't it? A bit different from fun with rubber balls and hula hoops. And much deeper motivation.

No other way to say it... It's all about power and influence.

Some of us live in a constant state of fear or agitation. The cause of their fear might be reasonable in some cases. In many cases, probably not

But whether or not their state of constant fear is reasonable, these folks take great comfort having guns.

That's why when people like this are told that the government is going to disarm them, they start whining or threatening to overthrow the government.

Now I hear people telling us that the best way to deal with gun violence is to stop crazy people from having guns. I agree..sort of. The problem is determining who is crazy

But I ask you, if one is paranoid, if one has unreasonable fears about being attacked, doesn't that pretty much define crazy?

Using that definition,then, most gun queers (not reasonable and rational gun owners, but people obsessed with self defence when it clearly isn't a problem) are nuts and therefore ought NOT to be allowed to arm themselves.

Good luck getting anybody to accept this reality, of course.

I think I just described a rather large percentage of today's gun owners.

When I say "gun queers" those are the people I'm talking about.

They don't own guns as tools, they own guns as talismen against all the things in the world that they fear.

Gun queers are magical thinkers more than realists.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back