Why do Christians Strongly Disagree with Science and Distrust Scientists

it's pretty simple really. Not one scientific theory is any more plausible, nor supported by any more evidence that religious creation.

Religious creation can't even qualify as a scientific theory.

I guess the real question would be is why science religionists spend sop damned much time trying to prove there is no God when you can't?

I've never seen a scientist try to prove the non-existence of God. It can't be done because it is an illogical challenge - you can't prove the non-existence of anything.

Thread after thread on this board is nothing but science worshippers and those who believe in not believing trying their best to demean, discredit, ridicule nd otherwise insult Christians; which, is nothing more than a big neon sign that says "Insecurity Here!"

If you're so strong in your beliefs, don't worry about what I believe. Of course, that would actually be liberal of you and we couldn't have THAT, could we?

If someone tries to impose their religion on the rest of the population by having the government endorse it, we MUST necessarily pick it apart to demonstrate why that can't happen. If your religious beliefs don't jive with science and pointing that out is an insult to you, that is not our problem. It has nothing to do with insecurity.

You have a lot to learn apparently. :lol:

Oh, I have been with Christian girls: three Mormons (one in a three-some, another was a loud screamer), a Catholic, a Methodist, a Unitarian, a Baptist, etc. and the hottest woman I was ever with was a hard-care conservative (though she believed in same-sex marriage and euthanasia). I've learned that sexually repressed women are great in bed.

My current girlfriend is a recovering Christian. She's even been on two missions to Kenya. She gave it up, though, when she saw just how hypocritical Christianity can be i.e. read posts by Evangelical. Now she's looking into Buddhism, though she still believes in a higher power. Her parents are religious Unitarians - very very nice, sweet people who voted for Obama. Same with her grandmother, and all of'em just love me, despite my godlessness and my bad boy past. Her mom had a thing for bad boys, too, when she was young. Maybe that's why she likes me so much.

So now all Christian women are sexually repressed?? :lol: You're just full of them, aren't you? And what self respecting woman of any religion or background would date a guy who thought her to be an idiot because of her religion or background? You must have been masking your disdain at the beginning of the relationship, or they were desperate.

And if your current girlfriend gave up her religious convictions because of how other people may or may not be hypocritical while claiming to uphold Christian values, that doesn't say very much about her. It's a very personal thing that should have nothing to do with how others behave one way or the other. Would you suggest that all followers of Islam give up their religion b/c of the radicals that run around murdering people? Your types on the left always seem to come to Islam's defense whenever it is stereotyped by the 'radicials', but for some reason Christianity is somehow different. Go figure. :lol: (Not that hard to see the agenda, if you get my drift).

So now all Christian women are sexually repressed?? :lol: You're just full of them, aren't you? And what self respecting woman of any religion or background would date a guy who thought her to be an idiot because of her religion or background? You must have been masking your disdain at the beginning of the relationship, or they were desperate.

And if your current girlfriend gave up her religious convictions because of how other people may or may not be hypocritical while claiming to uphold Christian values, that doesn't say very much about her. It's a very personal thing that should have nothing to do with how others behave one way or the other. Would you suggest that all followers of Islam give up their religion b/c of the radicals that run around murdering people? Your types on the left always seem to come to Islam's defense whenever it is stereotyped by the 'radicials', but for some reason Christianity is somehow different. Go figure. :lol: (Not that hard to see the agenda, if you get my drift).

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold it right there. First of all, don't insult my girlfriend. That isn't very Christian-like of you at all. She is one of the most understanding, compassionate, empathic, and kind people I've ever met.

Secondly, I didn't say "ALL Christian women" are repressed. That is an assumption on your part. The implication I made was not explicit and it was also a joke because of what I had written earlier in that same paragraph. Did you not comprehend my post?

I never thought that my girlfriend was an idiot. She grew up in the South, was raised by Christians in a Christian culture. So I understand why she believed that way. I think its admirable that she overcame her indoctrination and was able to see through the church's teachings to make up her own mind. I was using Evangelical as an example, but to those who aren't blindly faithful, there is a lot of hypocrisy in the Bible and in Christian beliefs. That is why she no longer wished to identify herself with Christians and could no longer believe in the Bible. It wasn't a choice so much as an inevitability because of her perception.

I don't defend radical Muslims or radical any other kind of religious belief. I would fight the Taliban if they invaded my home. And I would fight the Christian religious fanatics if they tried to impose their belief system on me. My freedom and beliefs are far more threatened by the religious right of this nation, than the Muslim extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

I think most non-believers feel the same, and that might be why we react so strongly to Christianity as a whole, because although you and most Christians may not be fundamentalists, I can speculate that were the fundamentalists to gain control of the government and really make this nation into an official Christian nation, you and many other Christians wouldn't do much to object. Some might even secretly want that very thing to happen. I think you wouldn't like it, but I'd guess that you'd rather live with it than possibly die, go to jail, or put effort into fighting it because it more closely resembles your own belief system.

You're great at criticizing posts by the way. Ever thought of becoming an editor? I think that would be better for you than being a writer since all you post is criticism of my posts without contributing much of your own opinion or ideas.

I'm hardly playing the victim, I'm calling you out on being condescending. It's not ok to use a familiar term with someone that you aren't truly familiar with. I'd think as a lib you'd be more sensitive than that and know better.

So, you admit: liberals are more sensitive than conservatives?:razz:

And I was just trying to be friendly by using the term "my dear" with you. It wasn't meant to be condescending at all.

It seems as though you refuse to admit that you have written posts which could be construed as 'homophobic' by those whose political perceptions fall more to the left of the political spectrum despite my actually quoting you in those posts in this thread. You then attempted to take the conversation off track by accusing me of being demeaning to women, condescending, and being insensitive. I thought you were more graceful than that.

Hardly. Libs, IME, are only sensitive when it serves them. Cons may be the exact same way, but since we don't wear our Sensitivity Merit badges and try to shame others into getting in line with our beliefs by calling them "racist" or "homophobe" etc it just seems more hypocritical to me when libs do it. I'm sure you'd see the kind of hypocrisy I'm talking about if I put it in terms of religion: Like a Christian that is supposed to love his neighbors but then kills abortion doctors. You'd see the clear disconnect between to belief system and the action. When you treat me in a sexist way you are showing the same disconnect.

Oh, you didn't mean anything by it. Hmmm. Yeah, sorry that doesn't get you a pass. It was still inappropriate behavior.

Oh please. People can "construe" anything as anything especially on an internet message board. It doesn't matter what conclusions people come to, I don't hate gays. We see this over and over with libs... if you don't embrace something 100% you're a hater. You either walk the PC walk or you don't, there is no middle.

I'm not taking this thread anywhere, I'm responding to things you've said. If I wanted to see the thread spin off into blathering I'd post a pic of a cowbell.

Whoa whoa whoa. Hold it right there. First of all, don't insult my girlfriend. That isn't very Christian-like of you at all. She is one of the most understanding, compassionate, empathic, and kind people I've ever met.

I didn't say that she wasn't understanding or compassionate or emapthetic, or anything of the sort. I said that if she gave up on her christian beliefs because of other's behavior, then shame on her. IMO, that's a very poor and superficial reason to abandon beliefs that one holds. I would say that she never truly understood what being a christian was all about then.

Secondly, I didn't say "ALL Christian women" are repressed. That is an assumption on your part. The implication I made was not explicit and it was also a joke because of what I had written earlier in that same paragraph. Did you not comprehend my post?

Sounded like your typical insult at that which you have no understanding of. You seem to use 'joking', and I don't typically buy what you're selling. :lol:

I never thought that my girlfriend was an idiot. She grew up in the South, was raised by Christians in a Christian culture. So I understand why she believed that way. I think its admirable that she overcame her indoctrination and was able to see through the church's teachings to make up her own mind. I was using Evangelical as an example, but to those who aren't blindly faithful, there is a lot of hypocrisy in the Bible and in Christian beliefs. That is why she no longer wished to identify herself with Christians and could no longer believe in the Bible. It wasn't a choice so much as an inevitability because of her perception.

Ah, I see, she was just a poor victim. Did it ever cross your mind that perhaps you may be a victim of your upbringing and culture as well? Why is it indoctrination when it's a christian upbringing, but I'm guessing you don't see yours in the same light? :lol:

I don't defend radical Muslims or radical any other kind of religious belief. I would fight the Taliban if they invaded my home. And I would fight the Christian religious fanatics if they tried to impose their belief system on me. My freedom and beliefs are far more threatened by the religious right of this nation, than the Muslim extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Your beliefs and freedom aren't threatened by Christians anymore than they're threatened by Muslims. It's the out of control government that poses the biggest threat, and it has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

I think most non-believers feel the same, and that might be why we react so strongly to Christianity as a whole, because although you and most Christians may not be fundamentalists, I can speculate that were the fundamentalists to gain control of the government and really make this nation into an official Christian nation, you and many other Christians wouldn't do much to object. Some might even secretly want that very thing to happen. I think you wouldn't like it, but I'd guess that you'd rather live with it than possibly die, go to jail, or put effort into fighting it because it more closely resembles your own belief system.

You tend to confuse religion and politics quite often. I'm a conservative, which has nothing to do with my religious beliefs. I believe in the Constitution and small government. Personally, I think your radical fear of Christians trying to take over your life is pretty sad, and someone has 'indoctrinated' you quite well. Perhaps someday you'll over come that as well. I'll pray for you. :eusa_pray::lol:

You're great at criticizing posts by the way. Ever thought of becoming an editor? I think that would be better for you than being a writer since all you post is criticism of my posts without contributing much of your own opinion or ideas.

I'll take that as a compliment, even tho you intend it as an insult. I critisize your posts because I see right thru them, my friend. Were you altruistic in your quest for information, I may feel differently. But, I know better.

Hardly. Libs, IME, are only sensitive when it serves them. Cons may be the exact same way, but since we don't wear our Sensitivity Merit badges and try to shame others into getting in line with our beliefs by calling them "racist" or "homophobe" etc it just seems more hypocritical to me when libs do it.

Weren't you just criticizing me of my blanket judgements and assumptions?

I'm sure you'd see the kind of hypocrisy I'm talking about if I put it in terms of religion: Like a Christian that is supposed to love his neighbors but then kills abortion doctors. You'd see the clear disconnect between to belief system and the action.

Yes, I see what you're saying, and I agree.

When you treat me in a sexist way you are showing the same disconnect.

Well, calling you "my dear" was hardly sexist. The term can be used by either gender. But, you are entitled to your opinion. Think what you like. I know how I meant it. But I guess if that's not good enough you can go to the moderators, and have them make a ruling so that people can't offend you anymore. Or would that seem too much like a liberal playing the victim and whining to the nanny state too wipe his/her butt for them?

Oh, you didn't mean anything by it. Hmmm. Yeah, sorry that doesn't get you a pass. It was still inappropriate behavior.

Well, I'm sorry you see it that way. Perhaps if you hadn't disliked that I was so easily able to quote your homophobic posts which you had denied you'd written, you wouldn't have reacted so negatively to my attempt at being friendly with you. Because, despite what you want to believe, all it was was an attempt to sweeten me saying: Gotcha!

Oh please. People can "construe" anything as anything especially on an internet message board.

Exactly the whole point of this dicourse between us. You told me that Christians saw me as the posterboy for hypocritical libs:

Amanda said:
Srsly, you are coming off more and more close-minded all the time, and becoming sort of the poster boy for what cons see as the hypocrisy of libs. I don't say this as a flame, I actually like you...

I actually like you, too. Thank you. I guess you just don't like me well enough that I can call you "my dear"?

I said that I didn't care what Christians thought of me. In riposte, I wrote that liberals saw you as a posterchild of homophobic conservatism:

Coloradomtnman said:
And really, Amanda, you're not one to talk. I've seen what you've had to say about homosexuals, and from a liberal perspective, you're becoming a posterchild for our perception of rightwing homophobia.

You told me that I said truth didn't matter. I said:

Coloradomtnman said:
It doesn't matter because it is how you are perceived from statements you've made regarding your opinion about homosexuals. You see what I mean? I don't have anything against religion. I don't have anything against people who are religious. I do have a problem when they self-righteously claim to know the absolute truth and discriminate against a type of person who doesn't fit in with what they believe, or with an idea or discovery that doesn't either. That' why I start these threads. That and I like to argue religion and philosophy. I might be branded by the rightwing, by Christians, and by religious people as being a hypocritical lib, but I don't care what other people think about me. I'm curious about what they think, and so I start these threads. As a human being, there are times and things about which I will be hypocritical. I try not to be, but nobody but Jesus is perfect, right?

You replied

It doesn't matter??? Do you realize what you just said? TRUTH doesn't matter...

And then I said:

Coloradomtnman said:
Eh! Wrong! That isn't what I said. I said another's perception doesn't matter when it comes to my (or anyone else's) perception of truth. Read it again.

You denied that you had written anything to homophobic so that liberals had no cause to think you were homophobic. You asked for evidence of such posts:

Amanda said:
Can you link to anything homophobic I've ever posted? You seem to be taking a pretty standard lib stance that if 1 doesn't embrace something wholeheartedly one is a hater. This simply isn't true. I'm in favor of civil unions for ALL. Is that homophobic to want everyone to have the same rights? I don't think so. Where have I ever said gays shouldn't be given equal treatment under the law for any issue? When you can't come up with any evidence to support your wildly inaccurate claim I will graciously accept your apology for the disparaging remarks you made.

Amanda said:
So unless you want to pony up some examples of my homophobic statements you need to take back what you said because it isn't true.

So, I directly quoted them to you:

Amanda said:
If we want to say any urge we get is natural and normal and should be honored then by all means homosexuality is a great and wonderful thing. So is binge eating and armed robbery. So are many, many other things, some good some bad. This is how animals live. Hungry? Eat whatever isn't faster than you. Need to poop? This looks like a nice spot. Got the urge to fuck? Find a partner!

But is this really how people should live?

I don't think so. I think that people should be more principled than animals. I don't think that God gave us brains so that we could only use them to satisfy our desires.

Amanda said:
I'm saying they could. We expect pedophiles to controls theirs. We expect the homicidally violent to control theirs. It's all well and good to say, yeah but it's a powerful urge, but there are many powerful urges.

Amanda said:
For me, I don't think it's the right choice. In my perfect world they would abstain.

Amanda said:
Homo couples, for whatever reason, often seem to want to change the world, to make what they do acceptable, or whatever... I don't like the direction that takes us in. Maybe it's a selfish view, but I don't think the world is a better place for embracing homosexuality. While I can accept that it happens, and I can accept that some people enjoy it, I don't have to like it, and I don't think it makes the world a better place to have it be mainstream.

You got nasty, called me sexist, insensitive, too familiar, all the while sidetracking our conversation away from the fact that you had written things which could be construed by liberals as homophobic despite the incontravertible evidence I provided. Now you play as though I was attempting to prove that you written posts that demonstrate you hate homosexuals, when the purpose was to provide evidence that you had written homophobic posts, not hateful:

Amanda said:
So unless you want to pony up some examples of my homophobic statements you need to take back what you said because it isn't true.

I never said you hated homosexuals. But you sure have denied it. All I said was that you had posted homophobic statements which, from a liberal's perspective, place in the role of posterchild for the homophobic right.

It doesn't matter what conclusions people come to, I don't hate gays. We see this over and over with libs... if you don't embrace something 100% you're a hater. You either walk the PC walk or you don't, there is no middle.

I didn't say you hated them. And you are agreeing with my statement that it doesn't matter how others perceive you or me.

I'm not taking this thread anywhere, I'm responding to things you've said.

Except where I pointed out that you made homophobic statements. That is what you have tried to avoid with character attacks, by misconstruing your own original intent, and then, ironically, making blanket judgement and accusations against what you perceive liberals are.

If I wanted to see the thread spin off into blathering I'd post a pic of a cowbell.

I'm surprised, then, that you haven't.

Now, where is that grace with which you claimed you would accept my apology when I couldn't come up with any evidence of my wildly inaccurate claim? If you find it, perhaps you could use it to accept that you are wrong.

Amanda said:
When you can't come up with any evidence to support your wildly inaccurate claim I will graciously accept your apology for the disparaging remarks you made.

I would only disagree with bad science. To disagree with science on a whole would be ridiculous. I do believe many scientist work towards improving life for life on earth in general. On the otherhand there is no doubt in my mind that some scientist are nothing more than tools to improve the economic benifits of corporates.

So your assumption that all believers strongly disagree with science and distrust science is in error. Or your just looking for an edge to push your own personal agenda against Christians as a whole.

I didn't say that she wasn't understanding or compassionate or emapthetic, or anything of the sort. I said that if she gave up on her christian beliefs because of other's behavior, then shame on her. IMO, that's a very poor and superficial reason to abandon beliefs that one holds. I would say that she never truly understood what being a christian was all about then.

So shame on her? She didn't CHOOSE to give up her beliefs, she just came to see through her own experiences that those beliefs didn't hold up well when applied to what she perceived as reality.

Sounded like your typical insult at that which you have no understanding of. You seem to use 'joking', and I don't typically buy what you're selling. :lol:

What?:eusa_eh:

Ah, I see, she was just a poor victim. Did it ever cross your mind that perhaps you may be a victim of your upbringing and culture as well? Why is it indoctrination when it's a christian upbringing, but I'm guessing you don't see yours in the same light? :lol:

I grew up going to church. It was indoctrination. And, in a way, since I was a child, I was a victim. Since then I've worked to overcome having been a victim to religious indoctrination as a child. Perhaps if Christians would just let kids mature before having to make up their minds about what a great religion Christianity is, Christians wouldn't feel the need to get'em young.

Your beliefs and freedom aren't threatened by Christians anymore than they're threatened by Muslims. It's the out of control government that poses the biggest threat, and it has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

Well, that's your opinion. Prop. 8, Pro-lifers threatening Roe V. Wade, and fanatic Christian extremists are threatening the expression of my beliefs and my freedom, and the freedom and the expression of the beliefs of my family and friends.

You tend to confuse religion and politics quite often.

No, Christians do:

The EagleCross Alliance

"We believe that every pastor in America has a right and a responsibility to insure that their congregations are informed about political issues, and are supportive of Christian candidates and pro-Christian, pro-family, and pro-America legislation."

The American Taliban

I'm a conservative, which has nothing to do with my religious beliefs. I believe in the Constitution and small government.

Good. Then don't vote on legislation which enlarges government like: Prop. 8, and Personhood Bills (which greatly increases government involvement in women's medical and persona lives).

Personally, I think your radical fear of Christians trying to take over your life is pretty sad, and someone has 'indoctrinated' you quite well.

Yes, and that someone is the Religious Right.

Perhaps someday you'll over come that as well. I'll pray for you. :eusa_pray::lol:

I will as soon as religions stop legislating their beliefs. Thanks for praying for me, though, that's very considerate and thoughtful of you.

I'll take that as a compliment, even tho you intend it as an insult. I critisize your posts because I see right thru them, my friend.

You're welcome. Well, my posts should be easy to see through, I make them as clear as I think to when I'm writing them. There aren't any ulterior motives here. And I mean that sincerely.

Were you altruistic in your quest for information, I may feel differently. But, I know better.

I don't know how my quest for information could be interpreted as altruistic or not, but I am honestly curious about religious peoples' opinions. Unfortunately, when I ask for them, I am only rebuked except when it comes to Brokenangel, tigerbob, Immanuel, editec, Sky Dancer, Kittenkoder, Dis, and a few others.

I would only disagree with bad science. To disagree with science on a whole would be ridiculous. I do believe many scientist work towards improving life for life on earth in general. On the otherhand there is no doubt in my mind that some scientist are nothing more than tools to improve the economic benifits of corporates.

So your assumption that all believers strongly disagree with science and distrust science is in error. Or your just looking for an edge to push your own personal agenda against Christians as a whole.

Here, I'll go edit the OP so everyone will stop getting all offended by their perceived generalization of Christians. Cheerist!

...Well, since I can't edit the OP anymore, let me just reiterate that I didn't write "ALL Christians" but did write "Generally" and "TEND to" to disclaim that I wasn't say ALL Christians disagree with science...etc.

Last edited:
Which are bigoted, blanket statements.

BTW, idiot, Amanda's saying so is no evidence of her own insensitivity. It's simply stating the obvious.

BTW, idiot, Amanda's saying so is no evidence of her own insensitivity. It's simply stating the obvious.

What the hell are you talking about PsychoBabble?:eusa_eh: Please try to articulate yourself when writing so that those of us who aren't on anti-psychotics can understand what your point is.

So shame on her? She didn't CHOOSE to give up her beliefs, she just came to see through her own experiences that those beliefs didn't hold up well when applied to what she perceived as reality.

What?:eusa_eh:

I grew up going to church. It was indoctrination. And, in a way, since I was a child, I was a victim. Since then I've worked to overcome having been a victim to religious indoctrination as a child. Perhaps if Christians would just let kids mature before having to make up their minds about what a great religion Christianity is, Christians wouldn't feel the need to get'em young.

Well, that's your opinion. Prop. 8, Pro-lifers threatening Roe V. Wade, and fanatic Christian extremists are threatening the expression of my beliefs and my freedom, and the freedom and the expression of the beliefs of my family and friends.

No, Christians do:

The EagleCross Alliance

"We believe that every pastor in America has a right and a responsibility to insure that their congregations are informed about political issues, and are supportive of Christian candidates and pro-Christian, pro-family, and pro-America legislation."

The American Taliban

Good. Then don't vote on legislation which enlarges government like: Prop. 8, and Personhood Bills (which greatly increases government involvement in women's medical and persona lives).

Yes, and that someone is the Religious Right.

I will as soon as religions stop legislating their beliefs. Thanks for praying for me, though, that's very considerate and thoughtful of you.

I'll take that as a compliment, even tho you intend it as an insult. I critisize your posts because I see right thru them, my friend.

You're welcome. Well, my posts should be easy to see through, I make them as clear as I think to when I'm writing them. There aren't any ulterior motives here. And I mean that sincerely.

Were you altruistic in your quest for information, I may feel differently. But, I know better.

I don't know how my quest for information could be interpreted as altruistic or not, but I am honestly curious about religious peoples' opinions. Unfortunately, when I ask for them, I am only rebuked except when it comes to Brokenangel, tigerbob, Immanuel, editec, Sky Dancer, Kittenkoder, Dis, and a few others.

As I figured, you're a broken record that plays the same damn tune over and over again, and not worth the effort. Have a nice day.

btw, you once told me that your parents were academics who had no religious beliefs, that they were above all that... you really should try to keep your stories straight. :lol:

As I figured, you're a broken record that plays the same damn tune over and over again, and not worth the effort. Have a nice day.

Thanks you, too. I don't think I repeated myself, but, whatever...

btw, you once told me that your parents were academics who had no religious beliefs, that they were above all that... you really should try to keep your stories straight. :lol:

Actually, if you remembered correctly from when I explained to you the last time we had this discussion, my parents divorced when I was three. My mother had custody of me and made me go to church on Sundays. My father is an atheist. But he didn't have custody of me.

Perhaps this is why you think I'm a broken record, because for you to remember or understand what I am saying, I have to constantly repeat myself.

What the hell are you talking about PsychoBabble?:eusa_eh: Please try to articulate yourself when writing so that those of us who aren't on anti-psychotics can understand what your point is.

Wow. You're really lost without that quote/interrupt to blab/quote feature, aren't you?

Actually, if you remembered correctly from when I explained to you the last time we had this discussion, my parents divorced when I was three. My mother had custody of me and made me go to church on Sundays. My father is an atheist. But he didn't have custody of me.

Perhaps this is why you think I'm a broken record, because for you to remember or understand what I am saying, I have to constantly repeat myself.

No, you just like to hear yourself say the same trite and stupid things over and over again.

No.... I think you're a broken record b/c you are one. You only have one topic ever on your mind and you talk it to death. Hopefully there are more dimensions to your personality than worrying about gay marriage, especially when you continually claim to not be gay. :lol: I only remember what it worth being remembered. You once said something about your entire family being 'highly educated' and involved in academia and having the same beliefs that you do. Doesn't sound like a 'christian' upbringing to me. What church did you go too?

Here, I'll go edit the OP so everyone will stop getting all offended by their perceived generalization of Christians. Cheerist!

...Well, since I can't edit the OP anymore, let me just reiterate that I didn't write "ALL Christians" but did write "Generally" and "TEND to" to disclaim that I wasn't say ALL Christians disagree with science...etc.

And it still sounds foolish, naive, and narrow minded.

Hardly. Libs, IME, are only sensitive when it serves them. Cons may be the exact same way, but since we don't wear our Sensitivity Merit badges and try to shame others into getting in line with our beliefs by calling them "racist" or "homophobe" etc it just seems more hypocritical to me when libs do it.

Weren't you just criticizing me of my blanket judgements and assumptions?

I'm sure you'd see the kind of hypocrisy I'm talking about if I put it in terms of religion: Like a Christian that is supposed to love his neighbors but then kills abortion doctors. You'd see the clear disconnect between to belief system and the action.

Yes, I see what you're saying, and I agree.

Well, calling you "my dear" was hardly sexist. The term can be used by either gender. But, you are entitled to your opinion. Think what you like. I know how I meant it. But I guess if that's not good enough you can go to the moderators, and have them make a ruling so that people can't offend you anymore. Or would that seem too much like a liberal playing the victim and whining to the nanny state too wipe his/her butt for them?

Well, I'm sorry you see it that way. Perhaps if you hadn't disliked that I was so easily able to quote your homophobic posts which you had denied you'd written, you wouldn't have reacted so negatively to my attempt at being friendly with you. Because, despite what you want to believe, all it was was an attempt to sweeten me saying: Gotcha!

Exactly the whole point of this dicourse between us. You told me that Christians saw me as the posterboy for hypocritical libs:

I actually like you, too. Thank you. I guess you just don't like me well enough that I can call you "my dear"?

I said that I didn't care what Christians thought of me. In riposte, I wrote that liberals saw you as a posterchild of homophobic conservatism:

You told me that I said truth didn't matter. I said:

You replied

And then I said:

You denied that you had written anything to homophobic so that liberals had no cause to think you were homophobic. You asked for evidence of such posts:

So, I directly quoted them to you:

You got nasty, called me sexist, insensitive, too familiar, all the while sidetracking our conversation away from the fact that you had written things which could be construed by liberals as homophobic despite the incontravertible evidence I provided. Now you play as though I was attempting to prove that you written posts that demonstrate you hate homosexuals, when the purpose was to provide evidence that you had written homophobic posts, not hateful:

I never said you hated homosexuals. But you sure have denied it. All I said was that you had posted homophobic statements which, from a liberal's perspective, place in the role of posterchild for the homophobic right.

I didn't say you hated them. And you are agreeing with my statement that it doesn't matter how others perceive you or me.

Except where I pointed out that you made homophobic statements. That is what you have tried to avoid with character attacks, by misconstruing your own original intent, and then, ironically, making blanket judgement and accusations against what you perceive liberals are.

If I wanted to see the thread spin off into blathering I'd post a pic of a cowbell.

I'm surprised, then, that you haven't.

Now, where is that grace with which you claimed you would accept my apology when I couldn't come up with any evidence of my wildly inaccurate claim? If you find it, perhaps you could use it to accept that you are wrong.

Amanda said:
When you can't come up with any evidence to support your wildly inaccurate claim I will graciously accept your apology for the disparaging remarks you made.

Oh sweet baby Jesus! Are you getting paid by the word? I'm not going to read all that, I'm certainly not going to go line by line through it.

Here's one for you tho... you like the dictionary...

Main Entry:
ho·mo·pho·bia
Pronunciation:
\ˌhō-mə-ˈfō-bē-ə\
Function:
noun
Date:
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Since I don't have an irrational fear, aversion to, or discriminate against homosexuals how can I be a homophobe?

If anything I think my concerns are very rational, I've had to work with them and that wasn't a problem except the 1 that sexually harassed me every fucking day, and I haven't discriminated against anyone.

As for your "my dear" BS. Do you say it to guys you want to be friendly with?

Forum List

Back