Why do atheists care about religion?

You don't suppose that the "loving" Christians make their feelings obvious in the never-ending obsession, displayed by thread after thread after thread, with the CHOICE of others, do you? Just sayin'....

No I don't 925.

I believe there is a legitimate, scientific reason for people to take a position on Abortion, so I do understand where most prolifer's come from regarding such and where prochoicers come from regarding such and truly, some may want to mask it in religion, but this is not the real issue at hand...imho.

care

You must be reading different stuff than I'm reading.....

You needn't bother wading through all of this. Just go to the last page.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/79494-if-you-are-pro-choice-can-you-be-a-conservative.html

You do realize JB is a prolife atheist.

No I don't 925.

I believe there is a legitimate, scientific reason for people to take a position on Abortion, so I do understand where most prolifer's come from regarding such and where prochoicers come from regarding such and truly, some may want to mask it in religion, but this is not the real issue at hand...imho.

care

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/79494-if-you-are-pro-choice-can-you-be-a-conservative.html

Haven't read the last page of the thread yet, but I see that it was Cecille arguing with you and let me just say, cecilie is an entity all on her own and in and of itself....

She is very opinionated and has no room for anyone else's opinion....she BASHED the most christian like person, and whole hearted Believer that I know, Immanuel and argued with him post after post.... and nastily at that....maybe just having a bad day but still....? sooooooooo....... I would NEVER take a single person or two and put a label on an entire group because of it....

Just as I AM NOT bashing other Atheists or grouping them in with JB, because of the way that JB INDIVIDUALLY acts...ya know?

Care

Wouldn't presume to label an entire group on the basis of one. I read much more here than I comment on, and there other forums that I read/participate in. This was one of the rare occasions where I felt a comment was necessary, because I rarely give input on the subject of CHOICE anymore. This is very much a religious issue for "Christians" -- the very reason that I alluded to those beliefs in my responses to Cecile. I fail to see the difference.

well to me the true question is, does a human beings ''protected life'' begin at conception....or does the mother's rights trump the baby to be's life up until the point where the baby becomes viable?

since science has already pegged the very beginning of all of our lives, at conception or at minimum, impregnation, prolifers believe it is killing a human being, some even tout murder....whether religious or not 925....just look at JB, he is an avid prolifer, regardless of religion.

others believe that a nonviable fetus, still does not have the worth of a baby that is born or capable of being born and should not be given all of our constitutional protections while in the womb of another, and must be able to take its first breath.....for the most part before all of their human rights are bestowed upon them.

when they say abortion is a sin, i see sin as a synonym for immoral, or unethical.

And there is no doubt that many people from many different religions see abortion as immoral, and no doubt that some have been politically positioned as a voice in this matter by the very churches that they belong to, there is no denying!!!

HOWEVER, if all is said and done, and religion or religious institutions were not involved politically, i still believe these individuals taking the prolife stance truly believe conception is when life should be protected, because without conception, you nor I, nor any human, would be living here on earth....science, says so....

as for me, I also understand that it takes another human's womb to incubate and feed it, which should come in to consideration as well.

care

Last edited:
Responding to thread title ...

Religion is fascinating, even if you don't believe in it.

JB, were you raped by a Priest or Minister or Pastor as a child?

Were your parents religious and also child beaters? Threw your head against the wall a few times or more? :eek:

What is it that makes you so obsessed with a group of people that have NOT ONCE on this board, tried to convert you to what they believe, while you BULLY yourself around this board calling them idiots and other pleasant things as you RANT AND RAVE?

SEEK HELP, YOU ARE MENTALLY DISTURBED and need psychological HELP.

Is this what you want from us? To get you the help you need somehow?

I don't think we can help you with this obsession of yours to destroy us, but we may be able to somehow get you the help you obviously need?

Care

You are wrong..avatar does it all the time. Oh ya.... jebukeyomama...fuck off!

No I don't 925.

care

I don't give a shit what he is. When he and I disagree about something, we manage to do so with civility, which is more than I can say for the majority of my "fellow Christians".

well to me the true question is, does a human beings ''protected life'' begin at conception....or does the mother's rights trump the baby to be's life up until the point where the baby becomes viable?

since science has already pegged the very beginning of all of our lives, at conception or at minimum, impregnation, prolifers believe it is killing a human being, some even tout murder....whether religious or not 925....just look at JB, he is an avid prolifer, regardless of religion.

others believe that a nonviable fetus, still does not have the worth of a baby that is born or capable of being born and should not be given all of our constitutional protections while in the womb of another, and must be able to take its first breath.....for the most part before all of their human rights are bestowed upon them.

when they say abortion is a sin, i see sin as a synonym for immoral, or unethical.

And there is no doubt that many people from many different religions see abortion as immoral, and no doubt that some have been politically positioned as a voice in this matter by the very churches that they belong to, there is no denying!!!

HOWEVER, if all is said and done, and religion or religious institutions were not involved politically, i still believe these individuals taking the prolife stance truly believe conception is when life should be protected, because without conception, you nor I, nor any human, would be living here on earth....science, says so....

as for me, I also understand that it takes another human's womb to incubate and feed it, which should come in to consideration as well.

care

Sorry..... I'm not having this debate today. IT was not the issue. If you'd care to address THE ISSUE, I'll be more than willing to continue the discussion.

I have put forth facts

Noone has been able to refute them

these pathetic ad homs merely show what kind of people you really are

We don't care to refute them, why should we?

So yo acknowledge that atheists are discriminated against. I take your silence on the matter as support for dicrimination?

Certainly this should not be a surprise to you JB?

Not really. I already knew that most of you are hypocritical, self-refuting, dishonest, disingenuous, dicriminatory pieces of filth.

Why is this so important to you?

Are you fucking stupid? Watch the videos- seven states have laws saying athiestas can't hold political office. That's discrimination based on resaon and lack of religious delusion. The religious contuinue to try to push their religion into schools and the government, and blue laws are but one example of the way they legislate their arbitrary morality to keep themselves in line because they know that they can't live up to their own bullshit 'standards'.

What's in all of THIS for you? Have you asked yourself that question?

Are you really this stupid,. or do you just play a dumbass on the internet?

I don't give a shit what he is. When he and I disagree about something, we manage to do so with civility, which is more than I can say for the majority of my "fellow Christians".

who's the ''majority'' of your fellow christians on here arguing with you 925? you show'd cecilie....who else makes the MAJORITY of christians on here? see? i don't think it will come to ANYWHERE NEAR the majority of christians yet you so easily used the word....

i have done the same, with putting all republicans in the same camp or all democrats in the same camp....and don't even realize it till later....!!!

care

Last edited:

who's the ''majority'' of your fellow christians on here arguing with you 925? you show'd cecilie....who else makes the MAJORITY of christians on here? see? i don't think it will come to ANYWHERE NEAR the majority of christians yet you so easily used the word....

i have done the same, with putting all republicans in the same camp or all democrats in the same camp....and don't even realize it till later....!!!

care

Did I not already say that I don't PARTICIPATE in every discussion that's been READ HERE? Is OBSERVATION not valid? From ONE in which I did participate, I found someone who agreed with me -- someone whom I'VE OBSERVED while NOT PARTICIPATING.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/78108-the-abortion-debate-18.html#post1276944

You do understand my RELUCTANCE TO PARTICIPATE, don't you?

care

Did I not already say that I don't PARTICIPATE in every discussion that's been READ HERE? Is OBSERVATION not valid? From ONE in which I did participate, I found someone who agreed with me -- someone whom I'VE OBSERVED while NOT PARTICIPATING.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/78108-the-abortion-debate-18.html#post1276944

OK 925...I am not trying to get your goat or anything so please don't be thinking such, I was just trying to understand where you were coming from.... ;)

Care

care

OK 925...I am not trying to get your goat or anything so please don't be thinking such, I was just trying to understand where you were coming from.... ;)

Care

For the one voted least likely to flame, you're doing a pretty good job of enflaming.... :lol:

Flaming? I didn't know Al was here

373967135_243ee05fed.jpg

Point being Pro-Life is not just a Christian perspective. JB takes a Pro-Life stance independent of any religious influence.

As for civility, you and I have disagreed civilly in a long back and forth (I forget what it was about), and JB and I have disagreed civilly, even on questions of religion...his first or second post if I'm not mistaken.

Heck, I like you both, but JB will never convince me to forsake my God and you will never convince me that killing unborn babies is in any way justifiable.

Point being Pro-Life is not just a Christian perspective. JB takes a Pro-Life stance independent of any religious influence.

As for civility, you and I have disagreed civilly in a long back and forth (I forget what it was about), and JB and I have disagreed civilly, even on questions of religion...his first or second post if I'm not mistaken.

Heck, I like you both, but JB will never convince me to forsake my God and you will never convince me that killing unborn babies is in any way justifiable.

You'll note that I said "the majority" -- not that I recall having that particular discussion with you at any rate. If you read the discussions I have had (there's a link up there somewhere), I make no attempts to convince ANYONE of anything when it comes to this issue. All I ask is respect for MY opinion, and how I came to form it. The most I ever hope for is that both "sides" would / could reach some compromise and stop the perpetual harassment of each other.

You'll note that I said "the majority" -- not that I recall having that particular discussion with you at any rate. If you read the discussions I have had (there's a link up there somewhere), I make no attempts to convince ANYONE of anything when it comes to this issue. All I ask is respect for MY opinion, and how I came to form it. The most I ever hope for is that both "sides" would / could reach some compromise and stop the perpetual harassment of each other.

Yes agreement, why? Because then you win, because any agreement you would support includes abortion legal forever. You want those who disagree with you to just give up.

It is a simple concept. I accept that LEGALLY women in this country can kill their unborn for any reason or no reason at all. I only support political solutions to end it. How about you? If abortion were made illegal again would you AGREE to stop fighting over it? Would you agree to stop claiming that because abortion is illegal women die from getting illegal ones?

Forum List

Back