Are you saved?

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I hear this question from alot of Bible believing Christians. In fact, to some it seems to be the most important question in this life. Yet I cant for the life of me find anywhere in the Bible where Christ or any of the Apostles ask this question.

Where did this custom of asking people if they are saved come from and would Christ or His Apostles recognize it as the Christianity they taught?

I hear this question from alot of Bible believing Christians. In fact, to some it seems to be the most important question in this life. Yet I cant for the life of me find anywhere in the Bible where Christ or any of the Apostles ask this question.

Where did this custom of asking people if they are saved come from and would Christ or His Apostles recognize it as the Christianity they taught?

You finally ask a question that makes sense. I would add..saved from what?

Yes. The idea of salvation and the word saved can be traced to Jesus' statement in the book of Mark, chapter 16 verse 16:

"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."​

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Romans 10:9-10

Yeah, they would.

You finally ask a question that makes sense. I would add..saved from what?

from eternal separation from God.

Forum List

Back