Why do Americans feel like taxes are somehow the government robbing them of money?

man that is dumb. sorry dear
WE pay our taxes when it's REASONABLE. the problem I have is these POLITICIANS, they never get tired of finding things TO TAX you for. because they NEVER have enough money in their eyes to run that MONSTER government filled with a bunch of worthless Government Agencies and just as many worthless people employed in it

that is what I don't ENJOY paying taxes for. Maybe you don't care
The left cares; it is merely very difficult to convince the Right to stop wasting money on our useless and expensive, wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror.
So you freely can freely run drugs and terrorize people? Is that what you are saying?

Btw the war on poverty was started by democrats

You are one confused soul.
We have a Commerce Clause not wars crime, drugs, poverty, and terror clauses; I am not the one bearing false witness to our own Commerce Clause; person on the confused, clueless and Causeless, Right.
What is wrong with you? I can't wait till you get locked up for 50 years, your crazy.
It may be a long wait; I think the Right is in charge of the "public offender's" office; and, we know the Right has nothing but fallacy to work with.
what are you smoking?

I can not even comprehend this word salad? In one post you want to give free reign to drug runners, terrorist and killers in this country and in this post you are totally incoherent.

The left cares; it is merely very difficult to convince the Right to stop wasting money on our useless and expensive, wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror.
So you freely can freely run drugs and terrorize people? Is that what you are saying?

Btw the war on poverty was started by democrats

You are one confused soul.
We have a Commerce Clause not wars crime, drugs, poverty, and terror clauses; I am not the one bearing false witness to our own Commerce Clause; person on the confused, clueless and Causeless, Right.
What is wrong with you? I can't wait till you get locked up for 50 years, your crazy.
It may be a long wait; I think the Right is in charge of the "public offender's" office; and, we know the Right has nothing but fallacy to work with.
what are you smoking?

I can not even comprehend this word salad? In one post you want to give free reign to drug runners, terrorist and killers in this country and in this post you are totally incoherent.
Too much work to pay attention to your own argument of words; did you forget your salad dressing.

It means you don't have a clue or a Cause; and have no Standing as a result.

That's it, taxes are for replenishing budget, Reps raise it and gain positive response from the higher class people, Dems lower it to gain positive response from the poor. The cycle goes perfect.

I just can‘t seem to understand why so many Americans are extremely sensitive when it comes to taxes, and often oppose strongly of a progressive tax system.
At least personally, I think of taxes as giving back to the society and community, and I enjoy many of the governments services every day.
Also. I don‘t understand the objection towards a progressive taxation system
TAXATION AND SPENDING:

(1) Building mosque on foreign soil
(2) No-bid government contracts
(3) Subsidies to rich farmers and big oil
(4) Senseless deadly costly wars
(5) Foreign aid
(6) The care and support of illegal immigrants
(7) Ridiculous perks and benefits given to members of Congress
(8) Exploring the far reaches of the universe
(9) Supplying weapons to terrorists and drug lords
(10) Bribes paid to Iran and North Korea
(11) Stupid projects such as "The Fence"
(12) Bailouts of corporate America, Wall Street, and the financials
(13) Medicare and Medicaid fraud and corruption
(14) Excessive number of military bases on foreign soil
(15) Interest on the national debt
(16) Pork spending
(17) Subsidies to Brazilian corn crops
(18) Protecting the opium crops in Afghanistan
(19) Lavish vacations for Mrs. Obama and the girls - lavish White House parties
(20) Planes and ships the military doesn't want nor need
(21) Excessive number of government employees
(22) Military equipment and weapons to members of local law enforcement personnel

Questions?

Exactly what do you consider a ridiculous congressional perk or benefit to be.
Obviously you have internet access. Do your own research. Are you too lazy?

I know what they get, it's you that hasn't got a freaking clue. You made a claim and can't back it up which means you FAIL.

I just can‘t seem to understand why so many Americans are extremely sensitive when it comes to taxes, and often oppose strongly of a progressive tax system.
At least personally, I think of taxes as giving back to the society and community, and I enjoy many of the governments services every day.
TAXATION AND SPENDING:

(5) Foreign aid
(16) Pork spending
(22) Military equipment and weapons to members of local law enforcement personnel

Questions?

I know what they get, it's you that hasn't got a freaking clue. You made a claim and can't back it up which means you FAIL.
images3LFIT7CL.jpg

because the money people PAY big bucks for this lie to be told OVER and OVER and Over

BECAUSE WE ARE NO LONGER A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.

WE ARE A DEMOCRACY - AN ARISTOCRACY OF PULL - WHEREIN THE PARASITES ARE THE MAJORITY, THEY VOTE EARLY AND OFTEN , HENCE THE MONIES ARE USED IN ORDER TO SUPPORT THE POLITICIANS' CONSTITUENCY.

LOW LIFE , LAZY ASS MOTHERFUCKERS AND WAR PROFITEERS.

could it be because of CRAP like this? naaa, the people want to pay for this so everyone an enjoy their hard Earned money they give to that Wonderful caring about all Government

SNIP:
Feds Spent $95,700 to Adapt Shakespeare Without Words
‘To be or not to be’ is not to be heard

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
July 20, 2015 5:00 am

The federal government has invested nearly $100,000 to bring Shakespeare to the stage—only without the legendary playwright’s words.

The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and its state agency the Virginia Commission for the Arts has funded numerous shows from the Crystal City-based Synetic Theater, including a production of Hamlet without words, making the title character’s “To be or not to be” soliloquy slightly less potent.

The Wall Street Journal bemoaned the dumbing down of Shakespeare, noting Shakespeare’s plays “without puns is like French cooking without butter,” in a recent review of Synetic’s adaptations.

“The latest Shakespeare fashion, at least in the Washington area, is to invite people to a feast of language and serve nothing but grunts, grimaces and grins—with a few gyrations thrown in for dessert,” James Bovard wrote on Monday.

ALL of it here:
Feds Spent 95 700 to Adapt Shakespeare Without Words Washington Free Beacon
Should Only the Wealthiest be able to afford the Arts?
The question should be rephrased thusly: "Should the public be forced to pay for goods that only a few people enjoy?".
You mean like socialized bailouts for the wealthiest who can enjoy it the most.
"Is it right to force the entire country to pay for this?" should be asked of EVERY government expenditure.

TAXATION AND SPENDING:

(5) Foreign aid
(16) Pork spending

Questions?

View attachment 45069

Thanks for proving my point, you are fucking clueless.

Once people figure out that they can vote themselves access to their neighbors' wallets, it's all over but the bleeding. Notice that there is NO level of government benevolence that is ever enough, none.

TAXATION AND SPENDING:

(5) Foreign aid
(16) Pork spending

Questions?

View attachment 45069

images1H2XKDPP.jpg

The liberal clown-faced idiots will never understand this, but conservatives are not against appropriate taxation. Some of us are even okay with a moderately progressive tax system. However when 40+ percent of the citizens don't pay income tax, the entire burden is placed on the rest of us.

Worse yet, when we write that big a$$ check to Uncle Sam every quarter, we know that much of our hard-earned money isn't going to pay for military, or roads, or NASA, but rather stupid $hit like this:

Wastebook 2014 Sen. Coburn highlights questionable wasteful government spending - CBS News
If forty percent don't pay income taxes due to a lack of wealth; why not simply ask the wealthiest to make up any shortfalls?

Or, is asking for better public policies too much to ask alleged conservatives.

I will try to type slowly so you can understand it.

Most of us are okay with a moderately progressive tax system. If that sentence is difficult for you to understand because you've been brainwashed, just read it over and over again. It might just sink in.

Our problem isn't that we don't tax the rich enough, it's because we spend too much on stupid shit....like $914,000 the NEA spent on studying "romance".

The liberal clown-faced idiots will never understand this, but conservatives are not against appropriate taxation. Some of us are even okay with a moderately progressive tax system. However when 40+ percent of the citizens don't pay income tax, the entire burden is placed on the rest of us.

Worse yet, when we write that big a$$ check to Uncle Sam every quarter, we know that much of our hard-earned money isn't going to pay for military, or roads, or NASA, but rather stupid $hit like this:

Wastebook 2014 Sen. Coburn highlights questionable wasteful government spending - CBS News
If forty percent don't pay income taxes due to a lack of wealth; why not simply ask the wealthiest to make up any shortfalls?

Most of us are okay with a moderately progressive tax system. If that sentence is difficult for you to understand because you've been brainwashed, just read it over and over again. It might just sink in.

Our problem isn't that we don't tax the rich enough, it's because we spend too much on stupid shit....like $914,000 the NEA spent on studying "romance".

SOME OF US ARE *****NOT***** OK WITH THE FASCIST MARKEDLY PROGRESSIVE TAX SYSTEM.

could it be because of CRAP like this? naaa, the people want to pay for this so everyone an enjoy their hard Earned money they give to that Wonderful caring about all Government

SNIP:
Feds Spent $95,700 to Adapt Shakespeare Without Words
‘To be or not to be’ is not to be heard

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
July 20, 2015 5:00 am

The federal government has invested nearly $100,000 to bring Shakespeare to the stage—only without the legendary playwright’s words.

The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and its state agency the Virginia Commission for the Arts has funded numerous shows from the Crystal City-based Synetic Theater, including a production of Hamlet without words, making the title character’s “To be or not to be” soliloquy slightly less potent.

The Wall Street Journal bemoaned the dumbing down of Shakespeare, noting Shakespeare’s plays “without puns is like French cooking without butter,” in a recent review of Synetic’s adaptations.

“The latest Shakespeare fashion, at least in the Washington area, is to invite people to a feast of language and serve nothing but grunts, grimaces and grins—with a few gyrations thrown in for dessert,” James Bovard wrote on Monday.

ALL of it here:
Feds Spent 95 700 to Adapt Shakespeare Without Words Washington Free Beacon
Should Only the Wealthiest be able to afford the Arts?
The question should be rephrased thusly: "Should the public be forced to pay for goods that only a few people enjoy?".
You mean like socialized bailouts for the wealthiest who can enjoy it the most.
"Is it right to force the entire country to pay for this?" should be asked of EVERY government expenditure.
Like our alleged wars on crime, drugs, poverty and terror?

View attachment 45069

View attachment 45073

All that effort and still can't answer a simple question. Go away clueless child.

Then why blame the least wealthy for not paying taxes under our form of Capitalism. That was what I was responding to. Why the non sequitur; are you on the Right?

A drop in the bucket when compared to our socialized wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror, that wealthy Capitalists can invest in and still make money on unearned income and at a lower tax rate than that of the least wealthy who may work by the "sweat of their brow".

If I am being taxed to pay for our national defense and to build roads and so forth, that's one thing.

But if I am being taxed to provide puppies to hookers, that's an entirely different thing.

View attachment 45069

View attachment 45073

All that effort and still can't answer a simple question. Go away clueless child.
May I buy you a cup of coffee?

images05X64MVY.jpg
images05X64MVY.jpg

Forum List

Back