Why do Americans feel like taxes are somehow the government robbing them of money?

buddhallah_the_christ

Dec 4, 2014
I just can‘t seem to understand why so many Americans are extremely sensitive when it comes to taxes, and often oppose strongly of a progressive tax system.
At least personally, I think of taxes as giving back to the society and community, and I enjoy many of the governments services every day.
Also. I don‘t understand the objection towards a progressive taxation system

Do they use our roads?
Do they use our police?
Do they enjoy the rights they have gained to work and get paid well?
Do they like eating clean food and drinking clean water?

Then no, it is not robbing anything from them as they're enjoying the benefits of paying it.

Because they are either idiots that don't understand that roads and fire departments are a good thing, or creeps that don't want to pay their fair share.

You enjoy the fruits of those taxes but you think it is robbing from you??/ You don't believe in civilization is what you're saying.

man that is dumb. sorry dear
WE pay our taxes when it's REASONABLE. the problem I have is these POLITICIANS, they never get tired of finding things TO TAX you for. because they NEVER have enough money in their eyes to run that MONSTER government filled with a bunch of worthless Government Agencies and just as many worthless people employed in it

that is what I don't ENJOY paying taxes for. Maybe you don't care

I just can‘t seem to understand why so many Americans are extremely sensitive when it comes to taxes, and often oppose strongly of a progressive tax system.
At least personally, I think of taxes as giving back to the society and community, and I enjoy many of the governments services every day.
TAXATION AND SPENDING:

(1) Building mosque on foreign soil
(2) No-bid government contracts
(3) Subsidies to rich farmers and big oil
(4) Senseless deadly costly wars
(5) Foreign aid
(6) The care and support of illegal immigrants
(7) Ridiculous perks and benefits given to members of Congress
(8) Exploring the far reaches of the universe
(9) Supplying weapons to terrorists and drug lords
(10) Bribes paid to Iran and North Korea
(11) Stupid projects such as "The Fence"
(12) Bailouts of corporate America, Wall Street, and the financials
(13) Medicare and Medicaid fraud and corruption
(14) Excessive number of military bases on foreign soil
(15) Interest on the national debt
(16) Pork spending
(17) Subsidies to Brazilian corn crops
(18) Protecting the opium crops in Afghanistan
(19) Lavish vacations for Mrs. Obama and the girls - lavish White House parties
(20) Planes and ships the military doesn't want nor need
(21) Excessive number of government employees
(22) Military equipment and weapons to members of local law enforcement personnel

Questions?

TAXATION AND SPENDING:

(1) Building mosque on foreign soil
(2) No-bid government contracts
(3) Subsidies to rich farmers and big oil
(4) Senseless deadly costly wars
(5) Foreign aid
(6) The care and support of illegal immigrants
(7) Ridiculous perks and benefits given to members of Congress
(8) Exploring the far reaches of the universe
(9) Supplying weapons to terrorists and drug lords
(10) Bribes paid to Iran and North Korea
(11) Stupid projects such as "The Fence"
(12) Bailouts of corporate America, Wall Street, and the financials
(13) Medicare and Medicaid fraud and corruption
(14) Excessive number of military bases on foreign soil
(15) Interest on the national debt
(16) Pork spending
(17) Subsidies to Brazilian corn crops
(18) Protecting the opium crops in Afghanistan
(19) Lavish vacations for Mrs. Obama and the girls - lavish White House parties
(20) Planes and ships the military doesn't want nor need
(21) Excessive number of government employees
(22) Military equipment and weapons to members of local law enforcement personnel

Questions?

BINGO!!!
Excellent dear. this government is now using OUR MONIES AGAINST US to pay for all those things. the one that grates me the worse. we are paying to educate ILLEGAL immigrants, they are collecting welfare, medical EVEN social Security that should go to American citizens. what the hell do we have to happy about. It was a stupid question. and does the OP live in this country?

The only ones who have to pay Federal Income Tax are Government Workers (That includes Military) and those that live in D.C.

The rest of you are voluntarily paying it.

The only ones who have to pay Federal Income Tax are Government Workers (That includes Military) and those that live in D.C.

imagesAS33DCSY.jpg

You think it is giving back....

Do you understand the concept of giving vs confiscation?

No one I know of is against ALL taxes.....

Just taxes that are inherently unfair and are imposed for pie-in-the-sky utopian programs that are unrealistic.

View attachment 44999
That's how I know you haven't read the Law.

When I go in to sign my Taxes I loudly proclaim "Ok! Here I am signing away my 5th Amendment Rights!" and see who looks. It's always only the one old guy who does.

Most Americans don't even know what a 5th Amendment is anyway.

View attachment 44999
That's how I know you haven't read the Law.

When I go in to sign my Taxes I loudly proclaim "Ok! Here I am signing away my 5th Amendment Rights!" and see who looks. It's always only the one old guy who does.

Most Americans don't even know what a 5th Amendment is anyway.
So, you avoid paying federal and state taxes? You've never had payroll deductions taken out of a paycheck? The IRS has never contacted you? You told your employers to NOT take taxes out of your paychecks? How did you manage all of that? So, you're saying that we can tell the IRS to take a hike and that we're not paying our taxes? We can tell our employers to stop taking out taxes before we get paid?

Let me ask you a question, just to test yer knowledge:

Under the Law Is Social Security MANDATORY or VOLUNTARY?

No one is calling for "no taxes". We want fair taxes and we want government to stop WASTING it. Is that too much to ask?
Republicans waste our taxes on corporate welfare, foreign welfare, and bloated defense spending.

Sonny Clark are you not accepting PM's? Or have PM's been eliminated and I just haven't noticed? (Shows how often I PM.)

Forum List

Back