Why do Americans feel like taxes are somehow the government robbing them of money?

I just can‘t seem to understand why so many Americans are extremely sensitive when it comes to taxes, and often oppose strongly of a progressive tax system.
At least personally, I think of taxes as giving back to the society and community, and I enjoy many of the governments services every day.
Also. I don‘t understand the objection towards a progressive taxation system
With almost 50% paying no federal personal income tax, what can you expect from the taxpayers except resentment?

I just can‘t seem to understand why so many Americans are extremely sensitive when it comes to taxes, and often oppose strongly of a progressive tax system.
At least personally, I think of taxes as giving back to the society and community, and I enjoy many of the governments services every day.
Only the Right feels that way because they are too lazy to work hard to be better husbandmen.

You enjoy the fruits of those taxes but you think it is robbing from you??/ You don't believe in civilization is what you're saying.

man that is dumb. sorry dear
WE pay our taxes when it's REASONABLE. the problem I have is these POLITICIANS, they never get tired of finding things TO TAX you for. because they NEVER have enough money in their eyes to run that MONSTER government filled with a bunch of worthless Government Agencies and just as many worthless people employed in it

that is what I don't ENJOY paying taxes for. Maybe you don't care
The left cares; it is merely very difficult to convince the Right to stop wasting money on our useless and expensive, wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror.

To find out how truly dumb liberals are, talk to them about taxes. It's amazing how stupid some of them can be.

Because that's what taxes are, robbery. If you think not, then explain the distinction.
Another fallacy of the clueless and Causeless right. The social Power to Tax is delegated.

Because taxes, especially income taxes are applied unfairly.

The government says that any dollar after an arbitrary amount has to be taxed more than the dollars below that amount so yes when the government takes 30% of some of my money and only 10% of someone else's money that is theft

If you are going to tax anything then that rate should apply to all of that item being taxed and not be more for some of those items being taxed.

For example if the gas tax was like the income tax the more gas you bought the higher the tax would be on each gallon after an arbitrarily designated amount say 50 gallons.

Of course we would all say that's a stupid policy yet we have no problem doing that very thing with dollars earned

The liberal clown-faced idiots will never understand this, but conservatives are not against appropriate taxation. Some of us are even okay with a moderately progressive tax system. However when 40+ percent of the citizens don't pay income tax, the entire burden is placed on the rest of us.

Worse yet, when we write that big a$$ check to Uncle Sam every quarter, we know that much of our hard-earned money isn't going to pay for military, or roads, or NASA, but rather stupid $hit like this:

Wastebook 2014 Sen. Coburn highlights questionable wasteful government spending - CBS News
If forty percent don't pay income taxes due to a lack of wealth; why not simply ask the wealthiest to make up any shortfalls?

Or, is asking for better public policies too much to ask alleged conservatives.

Only the Right feels that way because they are too lazy to work hard to be better husbandmen.
Yet more democratic pols have been guilty of tax cheating

funny that

You enjoy the fruits of those taxes but you think it is robbing from you??/ You don't believe in civilization is what you're saying.

WE pay our taxes when it's REASONABLE. the problem I have is these POLITICIANS, they never get tired of finding things TO TAX you for. because they NEVER have enough money in their eyes to run that MONSTER government filled with a bunch of worthless Government Agencies and just as many worthless people employed in it

The left cares; it is merely very difficult to convince the Right to stop wasting money on our useless and expensive, wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror.
So you freely can freely run drugs and terrorize people? Is that what you are saying?

Btw the war on poverty was started by democrats

You are one confused soul.

well aren't you just so loving and of course so Generous as long as it's OTHER PEOPLES money. I hope you are working and sending in ALL of your weekly paychecks to the Guberment to show you are a better husbandman

could it be because of CRAP like this? naaa, the people want to pay for this so everyone an enjoy their hard Earned money they give to that Wonderful caring about all Government

SNIP:
Feds Spent $95,700 to Adapt Shakespeare Without Words
‘To be or not to be’ is not to be heard

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
July 20, 2015 5:00 am

The federal government has invested nearly $100,000 to bring Shakespeare to the stage—only without the legendary playwright’s words.

The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and its state agency the Virginia Commission for the Arts has funded numerous shows from the Crystal City-based Synetic Theater, including a production of Hamlet without words, making the title character’s “To be or not to be” soliloquy slightly less potent.

The Wall Street Journal bemoaned the dumbing down of Shakespeare, noting Shakespeare’s plays “without puns is like French cooking without butter,” in a recent review of Synetic’s adaptations.

“The latest Shakespeare fashion, at least in the Washington area, is to invite people to a feast of language and serve nothing but grunts, grimaces and grins—with a few gyrations thrown in for dessert,” James Bovard wrote on Monday.

ALL of it here:
Feds Spent 95 700 to Adapt Shakespeare Without Words Washington Free Beacon
Should Only the Wealthiest be able to afford the Arts?

With almost 50% paying no federal personal income tax, what can you expect from the taxpayers except resentment?
better public policies that enable the least wealthy to make enough to pay federal income taxes?

So you freely can freely run drugs and terrorize people? Is that what you are saying?

We have a Commerce Clause not wars crime, drugs, poverty, and terror clauses; I am not the one bearing false witness to our own Commerce Clause; person on the confused, clueless and Causeless, Right.

could it be because of CRAP like this? naaa, the people want to pay for this so everyone an enjoy their hard Earned money they give to that Wonderful caring about all Government

SNIP:

The federal government has invested nearly $100,000 to bring Shakespeare to the stage—only without the legendary playwright’s words.

The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and its state agency the Virginia Commission for the Arts has funded numerous shows from the Crystal City-based Synetic Theater, including a production of Hamlet without words, making the title character’s “To be or not to be” soliloquy slightly less potent.

The Wall Street Journal bemoaned the dumbing down of Shakespeare, noting Shakespeare’s plays “without puns is like French cooking without butter,” in a recent review of Synetic’s adaptations.

“The latest Shakespeare fashion, at least in the Washington area, is to invite people to a feast of language and serve nothing but grunts, grimaces and grins—with a few gyrations thrown in for dessert,” James Bovard wrote on Monday.

ALL of it here:
The question should be rephrased thusly: "Should the public be forced to pay for goods that only a few people enjoy?".

We have a Commerce Clause not wars crime, drugs, poverty, and terror clauses; I am not the one bearing false witness to our own Commerce Clause; person on the confused, clueless and Causeless, Right.
What is wrong with you? I can't wait till you get locked up for 50 years, your crazy.

well aren't you just so loving and of course so Generous as long as it's OTHER PEOPLES money. I hope you are working and sending in ALL of your weekly paychecks to the Guberment to show you are a better husbandman
Yes, if I had all of the money in the world, I would simply solve all of the world's problems, simply for the sake of the Art of the Husbandman as a social, hard work ethic and moral.

What is wrong with you? I can't wait till you get locked up for 50 years, your crazy.
It may be a long wait; I think the Right is in charge of the "public offender's" office; and, we know the Right has nothing but fallacy to work with.

SNIP:

ALL of it here:
The question should be rephrased thusly: "Should the public be forced to pay for goods that only a few people enjoy?".
You mean like socialized bailouts for the wealthiest who can enjoy it the most.

Forum List

Back