Why didn't Obama denounce Harry Reid like he did the Cambridge Cop?

Los Angeles Times has a similar column today, 1/11

[/]Do light-skinned Black people have an advantage? Yes. They are likely to get hired first and may earn more money | Ebony | Find Articles at BNET[/url]

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Yellow Hair Color has been found helpful, in fact, in the past that any can remember!)

Racial insensitivity does not deal with comments that are false.
Racial insensitivity refers to comments made that are true, but considered insensitive.
People lose jobs due to racial insensitivity.
Take it away from race. Lets go to appearance. To tell a fat person that he or she is fat is insensiutive, but true. If Reid had referred to a lady in his state as "the fat woman in the third row" would he get a pass becuase she is?

Trent Lott said that the country would have been better if a segragationist had been elected as president you idiot.

Lott said the country would have been better segragated.

If you people really dont understand this than you are even more racist than I previously thought.

So you see nothing wromg with the senate majority leader saying IMPLYING that dialect and skin color, IN HIS EYES, are issues that are considered for candidates?

You are so partisan you will let anything a democrat says go as "nothing to see here folks...move along"

I find it pathetic

Do you even know what reid was quoted as saying?? He was refering to obama as a presidential candidate and how his attributes would help him. You are really good at reading something into a statement when it doesn't really exist. LOL

Are you actually denying that where some people are concerned that race isn't an issue to be considered for candidates??

You are so partisan you will try make something out of nothing continuously out of desperation in an attempt to claw your way back into the majority, no matter what it takes.

As usual I find your desperation very pathetic. LOL

Last edited:
Does anyone remember that cop who supposely did something really racist by asking the black assailant some questions? Does anyone remember how quickly Obama came out and denounced the cop as racist?

Does anyone remember how quickly Obama denounced Harry Reid? Does anyone remember how the NAACP came out and denounced our racist society? Does anyone remember the television shows about racism in America?

NO. No one remembers because the latter did not happen. It did not happen because politics comes before race for democrats.

Do you need to ask??? It's called politics, if that were a Republican who said that they would be tarred, feathered and hung out to dry. :lol:

Trent Lott said that the country would have been better if a segragationist had been elected as president you idiot.

Lott said the country would have been better segragated.

If you people really dont understand this than you are even more racist than I previously thought.

So you see nothing wromg with the senate majority leader saying IMPLYING that dialect and skin color, IN HIS EYES, are issues that are considered for candidates?

You are so partisan you will let anything a democrat says go as "nothing to see here folks...move along"

I find it pathetic

Do you even know what reid was quoted as saying?? He was refering to obama as a presidential candidate and how his attributes would help him. You are really good at reading something into a statement when it doesn't really exist. LOL

Are you actually denying that where some people are concerned that race isn't an issue to be considered for candidates??

You are so partisan you will try make something out of nothing continuously out of desperation in an attempt to claw your way back into the majority, no matter what it takes.

As usual I find your desperation very pathetic. LOL

Yes, I heard and read (on the news) the entire quote.
He made it clear that his ability to adjust to the audience gave him an advantage. I am OK with that.
But he also said that his light skin color gave him an advantage as well. This too, may be true, but I am not convinced of it as being true.
But regardless, true or not, it fives the people reason to believe that even the senate majoerity leader believes that lighter skin is best for a candidate.
Thjere are certain things someone ion the spotlight should never say. Whether he believes it or not.
As for Partisan.....I fear you are calling the kettle black.
I voted Obama......and I do not like what I heard from Reid. How on earth can you?

I just realized you responded to someone else. Why did you not respond to me?

Does anyone remember that cop who supposely did something really racist by asking the black assailant some questions? Does anyone remember how quickly Obama came out and denounced the cop as racist?

Does anyone remember how quickly Obama denounced Harry Reid? Does anyone remember how the NAACP came out and denounced our racist society? Does anyone remember the television shows about racism in America?

NO. No one remembers because the latter did not happen. It did not happen because politics comes before race for democrats.

It is simple to describe in either one or 2 words...take your pick

Hypocracy.
Double Standard.

Neo-Cons,

Do you denounce BUSHCO?!?

Do you not denounce the democratic party for all sticking together and not one making any type of comment as to how racially insensitive Reid was with his skin tone statement?

I see the republicans as a bunch of witch hunters on this topic. But I also see the democratic party playing the American people as fools. Like we should not care about racial insensitivity.

Well, we should. And so should our elected officials.

This is not a political issue. It is an issue of racial sensitivity. And I, for the life of me, can not see why anyone on this board would support Reid and brush this off as a poor choice of words.

Last edited:
Are my posts not visible or are am I being ignored becuase no one likes the fact that someone who voted for Obama was insulted by the remarks of Reid?

Are my posts not visible or are am I being ignored becuase no one likes the fact that someone who voted for Obama was insulted by the remarks of Reid?

I, as a white man, found his remarks racist and insulting toward me.

He is saying i'm too racially minded to vote for a darker than obama black man with a different vocabulary.....thanks Reid you asshole.

I, as a white man, found his remarks racist and insulting toward me.

He is saying i'm too racially minded to vote for a darker than obama black man with a different vocabulary.....thanks Reid you asshole.

Exactly how I took it as well.
How can anyone not take it that way?

Where are all the leftist loon bedwetters, who jumped Trent Lott's shit for sucking up to 100-year old man on his birthday?

i never took the stance of having trent lott resign...

HOWEVER, trent lott SAID the country would have been better off if strom thurmond had won his election with his segregation stance....keeping blacks in the back of the bus etc....

do you support segregation?

ALSO the republicans that defended trent lotts statements while calling for reid's resignation are being a tad hypocritical, no?

So then I assume you DONT recall republicans calling for Lott's resignation?

Nope, I dont. So who called for his resignation?? How many were there that did so in relation to how many that defended him and WHEN did they call for it in relation to his comments? How long did it take them to do so? Did it take longer than 72 hours?

Actually, for years 95% of the black vote was for democrats.....so it is not unusual.

However, the fact that it took a black candidate for so many to cast their vote for the first time is what I find revealing and disheartening.

In other words, you are simply talking out of your racist ass again. Thanks for at least owning up to it.

LMAO....if only you knew the man behind the computer.
You are a fool...and you just made that quite clear.

says the fool avoiding substantiating his claims when he is asked to do so. LOL

So do you have a good reason for not offering anything REAL to back up your claims or is this part of your usual dishonesty where you make arguments you can't support and then run away from them attacking the poster who dared to question you as you go?

The truly sad thing is that you got thanked for your hit and run. LOL

Last edited:
Actually, for years 95% of the black vote was for democrats.....so it is not unusual.

However, the fact that it took a black candidate for so many to cast their vote for the first time is what I find revealing and disheartening.

In other words, you are simply talking out of your racist ass again. Thanks for at least owning up to it.

Let me put it to you this way you race baiting disgrace...I spent nearly a year walking the streets of NY blaming discrmination as the reason for my situation.

It did not take much for me to realize how wrong I was.

Unfortunately, many like having that dam crutch to blame.

You mean like how the right, including you, is trying to blame the democratic party for all of their woes along with everything else and use them as a crutch to blame?? LOL

Let me put it to you this way you race baiting disgrace...I spent nearly a year walking the streets of NY blaming discrmination as the reason for my situation.

It did not take much for me to realize how wrong I was.

Unfortunately, many like having that dam crutch to blame.

I don't give a shit about your life story or your pity parties. Provide the facts to back up your bullshit statements, or call them the lies that they are and then STFU!:cuckoo:

Oh...I see...I must PROVE what I say and you denounce...but you dont have to prove where I am wrong.

Got it.

Go play with your dolls....this board is too much for a child like you.

According to oh so many posters on this board, "the burden of proof is on the poster making the claim" So many to the point it is taken as the standard by most, Of course that is excluding those truly dishonest who don't have the integrity to stand behind what they say and actually back it up.
So I am shocked that so many of the righties who I have seen apply that same standard to posters on the left are turning a blind eye to you and not calling you out for your complete failure to substantiate your claims and avoiding to do so when asked.

LOL

You made the claim prove it. Put up or shut up.

Oh...I see...I must PROVE what I say and you denounce...but you dont have to prove where I am wrong.

Got it.

Go play with your dolls....this board is too much for a child like you.

How many times do I have to tell you idiots that if you are going to make claims in public, it is up to YOU to support YOUR claims? Are you slow? Is this such a difficult concept for you to grasp? Is Sarah Palin your Mom?

Oh...I see...YOU MAKE THE RULES here....I did not know.

In a real debate the rules are as follows:

One can say whatever they want. If the opposition wantsd to deny it they must provide proof to deny it...One can not simply say "you are wrong".

And yes...those are the rules of a debate...rules set in any debate forum that has one to enforce the rules.

But please...continue to makeyour own rules.

I bet you believe that one collects money on free parking in Monopoly.

WOW, So you actually believe that you can lie through your teeth and that others have to prove you wrong but that you don't have to offer proof of anything that you say?? LOL

But as you said, according to YOUR rules of a debate anyone can say whatever they want and they don't have to prove it so if he wanted to, accoirding to your own spin, he could very well say "you are wrong" and he doesn't have to prove anything. All he has to do is present an argument.
Oh and I notice no link to verify your claim, so this must be part of where you "say whatever you want and you don't have to prove it" according to your rules. LOL

Should we go back and look at some of your so called "counter arguments," which basically consisted of "you are wrong" along with some personal attacks, and apply YOUR rules to them and see how your own comments stack up?? LOL

Where are all the leftist loon bedwetters, who jumped Trent Lott's shit for sucking up to 100-year old man on his birthday?

i never took the stance of having trent lott resign...

HOWEVER, trent lott SAID the country would have been better off if strom thurmond had won his election with his segregation stance....keeping blacks in the back of the bus etc....

do you support segregation?

ALSO the republicans that defended trent lotts statements while calling for reid's resignation are being a tad hypocritical, no?
Lot was doing absolutely nothing more than sucking up to an old man on his birthday.

The hypocrisy is coming from the bedwetters who are now giving Reid a pass.

You already admitted that reid didn't do anything so what is there to give reid a pass over when YOU admitted he did NOTHING racist.

Here is what one poster said.

Harry Reid didn't do anything racist.

and then here is YOUR response

Neither did Trent Lott

So based on what you said you agreed that reid did nothing racist so there is no need for a pass in his case. LOL Thanks for the spin.

because you said so,, our voters vote for skin color eye color and dialect! oh wait,, wait wait just a minute mr. postman was your racist self talking about white voters???? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You stated that all US voters will vote based on skin and eye color every time. I am looking for the research that backs up your claim.

As you completely ignore the post about "the rules of debate".

You are a hypocrite with absolutely no idea on how to debate.

You simply spew.

According to YOUR rules for debate that's all he has to do is "spew". According to YOUR rules he can say whatever he wants to say and YOU have to PROVE him wrong. You can't merely attack him personally and claim "you are wrong." you have to PROVE him wrong. BTW what do the rules for debate that you are allegedly basing your argument on say about personal attacks??

What's the matter old?? Are you having trouble remembering and following your own rules?? LOL

I really do find it hard to fathom how Liberals can say that Reid's "Dialect" comment wasn't Racist. Forget about his other comments. That comment alone does seem to be a bit Racist to me. I'm sure if a Republican had made that same comment,the Liberals and especially the Liberal MSM would be up on their high horses demanding that Republican resign immediately. Just because you mean no harm with your comments doesn't mean they aren't Racist. I'm also pretty sure CNN,NBC,ABC,CBS,NPR,NY Times,and many other Liberal Media outlets would have a completely different take today if it was a Republican who made these same questionable comments. Hey that's just how i see it anyway.

Didn't McCain get called a racist for using the phrase "that one" referring to Obama in a debate?

McCain also called his wife a "****", and accused Janet Reno of being Chelsea Clinton's father, and opined in a joke that women enjoyed being raped. What's your point?

The Obama campaign was quick to call-out McCain spinning on an innocent comment but yet are willing to forgive Reid's comment? Reid has had how long to apologize for this comment, yet he is only doing so now...

WOW you guys on the right really don't have any thoughts of your own do you?? One of you ASKED a question about mccain while no one offered any proof that any such claim was made by obama or his campaign and then you all pile on like the good little lemmings and run with the spin without question. LOL

Forum List

Back