Why didn't Obama denounce Harry Reid like he did the Cambridge Cop?

Bush wanted Lott out and Frist wanted the job and enough Senators on that side of the aisle wanted Frist too. Then there was that 2 year wait on lobbying law, and Lott wanted to get out of the Senate so he could take advantage of a new position before the law took effect.

Lott's own party wanted him out after that was made public.

I for one agreed with the decision to get rid of lott for the same reasons i am upset with reid, his comments were offensive and not acceptable in any congressperson.

Lott's own party did call for his removal, not all of them, but enough of them.

There was NO DEMOCRATIC LEADERSHIP that called for the resignation of Trent Lott....because Lott's position is gotten by Republican vote only, the Dems do not choose the leader of the Republican Senate.

Why is it then that the Republicans in office are requesting that Reid be removed as leader of the Democratic Senate?

I assume it is becuase not one single democrat has spoken out negatively on this.

And I can say one thing for sure. Dialect will affect the electibility of anyone of any color if they do not speak articulately.

Likewise, I do not believe that anyone sees sa lighter skinned black man as less of a black man than one with darker skin. If a voter will vote for a black man, I do not think he is concerned with "how black he really is".

He deserved criticism from his party, but not to be outed. Obama did not warrant an apology, the American Electorate did. Obama should have not accepted the apology as he was not at all maligned.. He should have simply told Reid to apologize to thoise that you have so little faith in; The American Electorate.

But he nor Obama nor the party did anything but say it is "faux outrage". They want to say that about the republicans, go for it. But to say it about someone like me? A man who voted for Obama and has no party affiliation? I feel very slighted and applaud the republican party for speaking out. Sure would have been nice if Obama considered our feelings like he considered the feelings of that Harvard professor.

LOL dialect will affect the electability?? Funny but that had no affect on W and he could barely speak english and couldn't say nuclear to save his life. LOL

In case you missed it reid has been crticized by his own party and those defending him are defending him from righties who are demanding that he should step down which you claim you don't want.

Furthermore, concerning the "faux outrage" it is "faux outrage" at the level the right is pretending to be outraged.

Oh and your conitnuned spin and comments against the left and in support of the right further draw into question the validity of your claims of voting for obama and no party affiliation. You should really keep an eye on that. It leads people to beleive that you are not being honest.

Please, you are expecting the corrupt hoodlums in Ali Baba Obama and His Forty Thieves/Czars to do the right thing?

Are you nuts?

Does obama have control of the senate or is there a little thing called seperation of powers that prevents him from having control of the senate??

Did having w as president really warp your understanding of how the government is supposed to work or do you really believe that obama is the messiah and can do anything and everything?? LOL

hey jackanapes, he was referring to ALL voting americans, which I am one of.

Pffft....oh its DrHack, nevermind.

bullshit.... he was referring to a minority significant enough to tilt the results of an election.

Really well then why did he apologize to ALL AMERICANS today? http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/101071-apology-accepted-thank-you-senator-reid.html

did you learn english as a second language?

"any and all" is a fairly common catch phrase designed to cover all those citizens who might have been offended. He certainly wasn't apologizing to ME.... I never for one minute thought what he said was in the least bit offensive. Neither did George Will... a conservative, that unlike you, has always shown that he has a big brain and knows how to use it.

I also felt his comments were racist/prejudiced in nature. The nature of that racism being his assumption that the american voters wouldn't vote for a black man. It may just be a prejudiced or bigoted view and not racist but still its not an opinion I share or agree with, in fact it is an opinion that disgusts me to such an extent that I keep participating in these threads when I dont want to anymore.

more broad brush bullshit. His asssumption was that a percentage of american voters would not vote for a black man. Do you really deny the accuracy of that assumption?

If it doesn't apply to you, you have nothing to be offended about.

If I were to point out the fact that America, as a nation, is suffering from chronic obesity, do you think that is the same thing as calling YOU fat?

I, as a white man, found his remarks racist and insulting toward me.

He is saying i'm too racially minded to vote for a darker than obama black man with a different vocabulary.....thanks Reid you asshole.

WOW so pilgrim ASSUMES that reid was referring specifically to him. LOL way to self persecute. LOL

Are you denying that there are still some in this country who use race as factor when decided which candidate to vote for??

He wasn't referring specifically to you and the fact that you lump yourself in there tells me that maybe you believe that the comment, as you misinterpret it, hit a little too close to home. However, you can pretend that he did if it makes you "feel" better. LOL

Your self created fictional feelings of persecution which exist for partisan purposes aside, how did reid's comment target you?? There have been many misinterpretations of reid's comment to try and spin them to mean something that they didn't and yours are no better.
BTW if you are dizzy from spinning as you said in your rep attack against me then you can solve that by putting an end to your spin. LOL

I also felt his comments were racist/prejudiced in nature. The nature of that racism being his assumption that the american voters wouldn't vote for a black man. It may just be a prejudiced or bigoted view and not racist but still its not an opinion I share or agree with, in fact it is an opinion that disgusts me to such an extent that I keep participating in these threads when I dont want to anymore.

more broad brush bullshit. His asssumption was that a percentage of american voters would not vote for a black man. Do you really deny the accuracy of that assumption?

If I were to point out the fact that America, as a nation, is suffering from chronic obesity, do you think that is the same thing as calling YOU fat?

Valid analogy.

Who are you talking to and why should anyone look for your biased OPINIONS in OTHER threads and tie them into this thread?? LOL

I can't believe that you actually posted links to your own threads about this subject as you tell others to "pay attention" to your rants in other threads as if they have any direct bearing on the debate in this thread. How is someone in one thread supposed to know and pay attention to the fact that you whined about your feelings in TWO other threads?

Are you really that desperate for attention that you would start multiple threads on the same subject in an attempt to get some?? Poor pilgrim, "PAY ATTNETION" to me as I rant about democrats. LOL

Last edited:
WOW so pilgrim ASSUMES that reid was referring specifically to him. LOL way to self persecute. LOL

Are you denying that there are still some in this country who use race as factor when decided which candidate to vote for??

He wasn't referring specifically to you and the fact that you lump yourself in there tells me that maybe you believe that the comment, as you misinterpret it, hit a little too close to home. However, you can pretend that he did if it makes you "feel" better. LOL

Your self created fictional feelings of persecution which exist for partisan purposes aside, how did reid's comment target you?? There have been many misinterpretations of reid's comment to try and spin them to mean something that they didn't and yours are no better.
BTW if you are dizzy from spinning as you said in your rep attack against me then you can solve that by putting an end to your spin. LOL

You did read Senator Reid's apology right? It doesn't sound like you read it from your response at all.

If I was doing it for partisan purposes then why have I fully accepted his apology to me and moved on? Oh thats right because I'm not a person who likes to project their own feelings onto others in a dishonest way, such as you have done with this post and a few others on this subject toward me.

Enjoy your ingorance and have a little enlightening read http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/101071-apology-accepted-thank-you-senator-reid.html

You did read Senator Reid's apology right? It doesn't sound like you read it from your response at all.

If I was doing it for partisan purposes then why have I fully accepted his apology to me and moved on? Oh thats right because I'm not a person who likes to project their own feelings onto others in a dishonest way, such as you have done with this post and a few others on this subject toward me.

Enjoy your ingorance and have a little enlightening read http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/101071-apology-accepted-thank-you-senator-reid.html

Your spin on this has already been shot down by another poster so there is no need for me to do or say anything. It's funny how you avoided responding the their comments and came right at me as if their comments never existed. LOL
Furthermore, your alleged full acceptance of his apology, which was hardly directed at you is countered by your own statements as you continued to attack him based on your own misinterpretation. For that matter the only reason for you to post an acceptance is to try and make a partisan political gain out of it as you claim "I wont forget what you said but I will forgive you for saying it in the way that you did.

Everything that I have seen you do on this board has had a partisan slant to it and this is no different. LOL

Apples and Oranges, but nice try.

Now if you said that like REID did you would say "All americans eat too much and are morbidly obese"

If Reid said what he said in the way you portray above with your failed anology he would have said "Some americans wouldn't have voted for a darker skinned black man with a negro dialect"

That statement I would have agreed with.

See the difference?

Last edited:

Your spin on this has already been shot down by another poster so there is no need for me to do or say anything. It's funny how you avoided responding the their comments and came right at me as if their comments never existed. LOL
Furthermore, your alleged full acceptance of his apology, which was hardly directed at you is countered by your own statements as you continued to attack him based on your own misinterpretation. For that matter the only reason for you to post an acceptance is to try and make a partisan political gain out of it as you claim "I wont forget what you said but I will forgive you for saying it in the way that you did.

Everything that I have seen you do on this board has had a partisan slant to it and this is no different. LOL

My "spin" wow dishonesty right at the start huh?

So much for giving you a 147th chance to be honest in a debate. you got 3 more left :lol:

Now if you said that like REID did you would say "All americans eat too much and are morbidly obese"

If Reid said what he said in the way you portray above with your failed anology he would have said "Some americans wouldn't have voted for a darker skinned black man with a negro dialect"

See the difference?

Reid never said anything about ALL Americans. Get over it.

You still seem to feel that America is one giant monolithic voting bloc and we elect our president by unanimous affirmation. That is not so. Every election in the past 16 years has been relatively close such that a swing of five or six percentage points anywhere could have changed the outcome. And you also refuse to ackowledge that Reid's observation is entirely accurate. Lighter skinned black politicians have greater success in white districts....because, as Reid observed and I defy you to deny... there IS a segment of the population that would NOT vote for a BLACK man who spoke ghetto jive, regardless of the wisdom of his words.... and that segment would be enough to turn the tide against such a presidential candidate in an otherwise close election.

See the difference?

You still seem to feel that America is one giant monolithic voting bloc and we elect our president by unanimous affirmation. That is not so. Every election in the past 16 years has been relatively close such that a swing of five or six percentage points anywhere could have changed the outcome. And you also refuse to ackowledge that Reid's observation is entirely accurate. Lighter skinned black politicians have greater success in white districts....because, as Reid observed and I defy you to deny... there IS a segment of the population that would NOT vote for a BLACK man who spoke ghetto jive, regardless of the wisdom of his words.... and that segment would be enough to turn the tide against such a presidential candidate in an otherwise close election.

Reids Comments were very broad brushed.

For you to ignore this fact turns your argument into a strawman

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.
Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
Person B attacks position Y.
Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

My "spin" wow dishonesty right at the start huh?

So much for giving you a 147th chance to be honest in a debate. you got 3 more left :lol:

Yeah, YOUR spin and nothing else you try to spin will change that fact. LOL

Oh and I just love how you expose your cowardice and dishonesty once more for all to see as you avoid responding to the second half of my post and can only respond with a lame personal attack followed by your bs about giving me chances. Why post your BS acceptance of his apology, that you assume was direct at you, on a political message board?? There is no other reason to post it other than partisan politics.
Oh and I just love how you went back to respond to the other poster's comments with even more dishonest spin after I called you out for avoiding their statement. LOL

I and others have exposed your base partisanship, dishonesty and hypocrisy over and over again and this is your typical response. You attack the poster personally, run away from debating and then pretend that you gave them something that was never in your possession.
Now if you want to run away from the debate go ahead. LOL Just don't pretend that it has anything to do with you giving poster's chances when it has everything to do with you not liking the fact that your dishonesty has been exposed.

See the difference?

Reids Comments were very broad brushed.

For you to ignore this fact turns your argument into a strawman

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

Person A has position X.
Person B presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X).
Person B attacks position Y.
Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed.

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

LOL in case you missed it your person A and B rant applies to you quite well.

Person A (reid) has position X
Person B (you) presents position Y (which is a distorted version of X)
Person B (you) attacks position Y.
Therefore X is false/incorrect/flawed/targeting ALL Americans.

"This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself."

Oh and this statement of yours "One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person" applies very well to. Reid made a generalized statement about a "poor drawing" concerning the country and yet you chose to take personal offense when he wasn't really being critical of YOU. LOL

It's funny how you present a means to counter your own spin. LOL

Forum List

Back