Why didn’t Gingrich serve in Vietnam

Newt was busy planning his moon base.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or1Mb1Vje1Q]Newt Gingrich promises US moon colony by 2020. - YouTube[/ame]

Newt was born in 1943. By the time Vietnam broke out in 1965, he was already 22, married, and had a child.

In short, not the kind of person the military wanted to draft. Which is why they gave exemptions to married guys with kids. They wanted the 18 year old they could train, not the 22 year old who had his own opinions on things.

Yeah, that's true.

So the draft was not only sexist and classist, it was also AGEIST. (19 to 23 seems to be the targeted class of men)

The Viet Nam era was not a good time to be a young man in the middle or lower classes, that's for damned sure.

Even if you hadn't yet been drafted you often couldn't find a job because everybody knew you were going to be drafted.

True enough, and that's when the idiocy of "everyone has to go to college" came to be because college was a place to avoid the draft.

I think that it would be wonderful if everyone had to do 2 years of national service- before college, no exceptions except due to serious physical disability.

I don't think it's a matter of being "agist". I think it's a matter of when it's easier to train you. Training is after all, programming of a sort. It's a lot easier to train an 18 year old than a 22 year old, to get him to obey orders without questions.

I'm sure that Newt didn't want to go. Most of them didn't, and I don't blame them. My uncle who was Newt's age, WANTED to go into the Army. He spent about 6 years in. I'm not sure exactly when his missions began, but he was in combat before the war officially started. He was Special Forces, MACV-SOG, or something. He went to his grave without revealing all of the details. He just told my father 30 minutes before he died that he had indeed seen combat, and that he'd "killed a lot of people"-in a joint effort with the CIA.

He was drafted in '61 or '62, so he (Gingrich) must have gotten some kind of deferrment. I guess he was in college. And I would have a lot more respect for him if he would just plain say: " I didn't want to go.".

Last edited:
Every Politician and rich person in the US got a deferrment. Wars are fought by the poor and led by the rich. You only see politicians in war zones when they need to pad their political stats. Just like Captains in search of their combat ribbons volunteering for wars they have no business being in.

Every Politician and rich person in the US got a deferrment. Wars are fought by the poor and led by the rich. You only see politicians in war zones when they need to pad their political stats. Just like Captains in search of their combat ribbons volunteering for wars they have no business being in.

You're a stupid fuck.

Most who served in Vietnam were volunteers. Look it the fuck up.

Speaking of serving, when/where did you serve, asswipe.

You're a stupid fuck.

54B Chemical opperations US ARMY, attached to 1st infantry and 3rd armor. Stationed at Ft. Polk served in Desert Storm. Active member of the VFW and The American Legion. Whole family served dating back to the Korean war. So you shut the fuck up and suck my dick.

You're a stupid fuck.

54B Chemical opperations US ARMY, attached to 1st infantry and 3rd armor. Stationed at Ft. Polk served in Desert Storm. Active member of the VFW and The American Legion. Whole family served dating back to the Korean war. So you shut the fuck up and suck my dick.

But they're out of Ft. Benning, you lying sack of shit.

You're a stupid fuck.

Attached to, not part of, as I was a force com. A chemical unit gets attached to everyone else as support when dealing with possible chemical attack. Are you really that stupid?

Attached to, not part of, as I was a force com.

And the tap dancing begins.....

Lying sack of shit.

Hi

I’ve heard that this fat chichen-hawk named Gingrich didn’t serve in Vietnam, what was his reason?
He can also become the first fat president in US history, or is he to fat to become president.

So US can end up with their first fat president. But why didn’t he serve, was he to fat to be fitt for service?

I am not familiar with the circumstances. But who the fuck are you to question anyone going to or not going to war. Somehow I dont think you are even old enough to have served in that conflict. CHICKEN HAWK.

I am not familiar with the circumstances. But who the fuck are you to question anyone going to or not going to war. Somehow I dont think you are even old enough to have served in that conflict. CHICKEN HAWK.

Half of these Liberal Chickenhawks haven't even left their Mommy's basement to step into the real world yet.

You're a stupid fuck.

Vietnam War Facts

Well, you're right. I never would have believed it, unless I "looked it the fuck up".
WWII was a different story. 2/3 of the troops were drafted. That's actually fucking surprising. Fuck me.

Half of these Liberal Chickenhawks haven't even left their Mommy's basement to step into the real world yet.

I dont know of many veterans that talk this type of shit.

More then likely it is a chicken hawk projection.

Doesnt really matter to me. I dont see serving in the military as the only noble thing one can do with their life.
Yeah.....especially if they were one o' God's Little Exceptionals.

handjob.gif

"This sense of personal exceptionalism is nothing new, of course, but the current crop of candidates has it in spades. Newt is smarter than anyone else, by his own estimation; Rick Santorum is more moral than anyone else, and isn't afraid to let you know it; Ron Paul has magical economic powers that allow him to see visions of a dystopian future that the rest of us cannot; Mitt Romney is just plain richer than anyone else, and always has been, and on a daily basis makes it clear that he has no earthly concept of how the little people might go about their daily lives.

Getting preached at by any of them gets very tedious, very fast. I suppose we can take a little comfort in reminding ourselves that Gingrich, in particular, has been an asshole for his entire adult life—so there's no hint of flip-flopping from him: He's always known he was better than you. That's the whole chickenhawk argument in a nutshell."

Attached to, not part of, as I was a force com.

And the tap dancing begins.....

Lying sack of shit.

Let's see you phoney service record? did you even serve, probably not. You are one of those military wanna bees who want to be recognized for fake service. Did you buy all of your ribbons that you boast about. You might want to be careful there are laws against what you are doing. Claiming false military service is a crime. I thought the name "Warrior102" was alittle bit shakey. You should really be ashamed of yourself.

The wealthy and well connected kids I knew (and that was most of the kids I went to school with my entire life) never worried about being drafted.

Draft boards back in those days were overtly and blatently classist.

EVerybody knew that the judges kid or the rich kids wouldn't be drafted.

That's just the way it was.
What you said is basically the truth.

I did not personally know one single person who was looking forward to being drafted.

In fact, many guys my age were seeking to avoid getting drafted.

Some enrolled into college, others married their pregnant girlfriend, joined the National Guard, claimed drug abuse problems, etc.

As for me; I was single and not in college, and my lottery draft number was 100, so I knew my fate was sealed. :cool:

Forum List

Back