Why Did The South Secede?

The South felt it was threatened by it's way of life..And rejected the proposal by Lincoln to buy the slaves and set them free..
The war over slavery was a festering boil that was decades in the making.It just didn't occur with one president, it was an issue over states rights and the balance of power by the pro and anti crowd in federal legislation...
Oblama has not a damn thing to do with the reasons for the Civil war...The Bible does since it advocated slavery and how to treat them as slaves. So if God said it was ok, why not do it?

"The war over slavery...."

The question was why the South seceded.

Stay with this thread.....and I provide the answer.
You provided conservative propaganda.

"...conservative propaganda..."

Is that your definition of truth? Fine.

The South felt it was threatened by it's way of life..And rejected the proposal by Lincoln to buy the slaves and set them free..
The war over slavery was a festering boil that was decades in the making.It just didn't occur with one president, it was an issue over states rights and the balance of power by the pro and anti crowd in federal legislation...
Oblama has not a damn thing to do with the reasons for the Civil war...The Bible does since it advocated slavery and how to treat them as slaves. So if God said it was ok, why not do it?

Well no.

Since you have engaged in that time honored conservative lie that the South didn't start a war over slavery.

The South started the war because of Obama

Very true..... The idea that a black man would someday become president is more than enough reason to secede. Especially, a mixed race black

Obama represents everything the south was fighting against

Can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the comic relief you provide.

But don't give up the retirement for that stand-up gig.

President Obama represents everything the South fought to prevent

1. A mixing of the races
2. Blacks not...."knowing their place"
3. Blacks with political power

I recognize your declination with respect to the OP question.

Thanks for dropping by.

Very true..... The idea that a black man would someday become president is more than enough reason to secede. Especially, a mixed race black

It was stated in the first line, please get the fog of propaganda away from you and you can see better, being able to comprehend is quite another matter....

I didn't bring my copy of the Rosetta Stone...so decrypting your post may take a while.....

...but I promise you, stay tuned and you will learn something....and see that it applies to Obama.

It was stated in the first line, please get the fog of propaganda away from you and you can see better, being able to comprehend is quite another matter....

The day you become disabled will not be a banner day in your life...

A truly stupid post.

1. A mixing of the races

Thanks for dropping by.

I congratulate you on your unique spin on history and tying President Obama to the reasons for the Civil War

In a nutshell....President Obama IS the reason for the Civil War

A mixed race black President was the souths worst nightmare. A well educated black man with political power.

That is what the south fought against. Blacks who thought they were the equal of whites, blacks and whites marrying and producing children. Blacks in a political position to tell whites what to do

A truly stupid post.

It was not a banner day in my life and one day it will happen to you..It's not stupid but to the blind and short sighted, which you are a leader...

PC's blathering reveals she has little clue to anything outside of her extremely limited view of reality.
If I wrote thesis papers like that when I was in college I would have not been on the Deans List..

Forgive me if I find your suggestion hard to believe....

One of us has both Dean's List and Valedictorian on their resume, and the other is you.

1. A mixing of the races

Thanks for dropping by.

I congratulate you on your unique spin on history and tying President Obama to the reasons for the Civil War

A mixed race black President was the souths worst nightmare. A well educated black man with political power.

That is what the south fought against. Blacks who thought they were the equal of whites, blacks and whites marrying and producing children. Blacks in a political position to tell whites what to do
Which was the cause of the formation of the KKK after the war ended..

PC's blathering reveals she has little clue to anything outside of her extremely limited view of reality.
If I wrote thesis papers like that when I was in college I would have not been on the Deans List..

One of us has both Dean's List and Valedictorian on their resume, and the other is you.
If you believe you are the only person to obtain such a position then so be it, but it is not the truth....How many awards did you win for being the top of your class in missile technology and electronics during military service...?
I have my yellowing papers in my files, but I would never post them on this board..

Well no.

Since you have engaged in that time honored conservative lie that the South didn't start a war over slavery.

"Since you have engaged in that time honored conservative lie that the South didn't start a war over slavery."

The glaring error in you post is that I never lie.

Second....if you have any honor, you will retract that when I end the thread, and prove my premise.

I await your penitential prostration.

1. A mixing of the races

Thanks for dropping by.

The term "nutshell" in your post.....irony at its best.

Obama is a fraud and a failure, never equipped for this lofty position.
I can see where he would be your idol.

1. A mixing of the races

Thanks for dropping by.

Which was the cause of the formation of the KKK after the war ended..

Very true

If Obamas father had attempted to marry his mother in the South in 1961 he would have been lynched

In many ways the Civil War had not ended

1. A mixing of the races

Thanks for dropping by.

Only a person that could never be president would say that...

1. A mixing of the races

Thanks for dropping by.

Aren't you glad that I saved your thread for you?

A truly stupid post.

It was not a banner day in my life and one day it will happen to you..It's not stupid but to the blind and short sighted, which you are a leader...

I never have wished tragedy on another.
But it was the implication of your post that you are doing exactly that.

Saying it was stupid was being kind.

If you believe you are the only person to obtain such a position then so be it, but it is not the truth....How many awards did you win for being the top of your class in missile technology and electronics during military service...?
I have my yellowing papers in my files, but I would never post them on this board..

I have no intention nor desire to denigrate any award.

It's the 21st century, and some RWNJ wants to relitigate WHY the Civil War began?

Really?

My Gawd, Righties are more rabid than I realized.

Newsflash: the VAST majority, the OVERWHELMING majority of it was about BLACK SLAVERY.

The Missouri Compromise of 1820 and the grotesquely delayed admissions of states into the Union between 1820 and 1860, due to blockage from the South, wanting to make sure that the electoral college was stacked with pro-slavery people, proves the point quite exquisitely.

Any attempt to whitewash this history is nothing short of complete idiocy.

Forum List

Back