Why did the Democrats and Obama fail this election cycle this year?

Once again in 2010 the safest (elected) thing to be was an incumbent:

"Out of 435 seats, 351 incumbents will be returning to the House in January.

"In the Senate, out of 100 seats, 77 incumbents will return in January.

"As the libertarian Joel Hirschorn puts it, 'Welcome back to the reality of America's delusional democracy where career politicians will continue to foster a corrupt, inefficient and dysfunctional government because that is what the two-party plutocracy and its supporters want for their own selfish reasons.'"

Think how different this conversation would be if that "two party plutocracy" had been challenged two weeks ago.

Just for a minute wrap your minds around the difference 100 - 200 newly elected Greens and Libs would have made in the House.

How about the Change 30 - 40 Green, Independent or Libertarian Senators could deliver?

Maybe ALL Republicans AND Democrats have outlived their usefulness to this Republic?

Time for a Real Mutiny

Problem: 100 aren't "returning" to the Senate. 2/3rds weren't up for reelection.

"As the libertarian Joel Hirschorn puts it, 'Welcome back to the reality of America's delusional democracy where career politicians will continue to foster a corrupt, inefficient and dysfunctional government because that is what the two-party plutocracy and its supporters want for their own selfish reasons.'"

Think how different this conversation would be if that "two party plutocracy" had been challenged two weeks ago.

Just for a minute wrap your minds around the difference 100 - 200 newly elected Greens and Libs would have made in the House.

How about the Change 30 - 40 Green, Independent or Libertarian Senators could deliver?

Maybe ALL Republicans AND Democrats have outlived their usefulness to this Republic?

Time for a Real Mutiny

Problem: 100 aren't "returning" to the Senate. 2/3rds weren't up for reelection.

Good catch.

Dems better take away the right lesson here and listen to Bass!

Fuck the Blue Dogs! They got hounded!

Praise Allah, that Obama, Pelosi and Reid are still at the helm!! They need to stop pretending to be Moderates! They won! The Blue Dogs lost, the Progressives won, don't you Dembulbs see that??!!

Pass to pass Cap and Trade, or try until it kills you!

Pass to pass DREAM (Of Illegal Amnesty), or try until it kills you!

Disarm unilaterally! Like Obama said in Cairo, no nation should have an advantage over any other

Time for a Real Mutiny

Thanks.

I think what's being claimed is that out of a total 100 seats, 77 incumbents (including the 66?) who weren't running for reelection will be back in the Senate in 2011.

Possibly, along with Republicans AND Democrats, the US Senate has outlived its usefulness to this Republic?

I'm going to tell you why, our president tried too damn hard to be the president of everyone, reaching out and being too generous with a Republican Party that has little to no respect for him as a politician and leader of this country. Its a known fact that the "solutions" of the Republican Party don't work so it was senseless to reach out to those monkeys while simultaneously reminding the American people of how bad 8 years of Bush and the Republicans were, it sends a confusing message to the American people. You don't do compromises and deals with the devil and expect to come out on the better end of it, his willingness to compromise with the Republicans on the extension of the Bush tax cuts further underlines my point, let the damn things expire and move on.

As for some of the rest of the Democrats, especially the Bluedogs, they got voted out because they sold out the people they were supposed to represent all in the name of retaining their power. Its no surprise that only the more liberal Democrats retained their sets and the so called "conservative" Democrats lost out. Instead of distancing themselves from Obama to save their seats they should have stood up for the people that put them in office, instead when they saw the low poll numbers of Obama they thought they could hustle themselves into keeping their seats by being more "conservative."

News flash...He is the President of everyone in the US!

Like Bush and the Republicans. They sent millions of jobs to China from 2001 to 2008 using subsidies and tax cuts for the rich people and given citizenship to corporations.

Once back in office, the Republican leadership will gladly finish the job. If that happens, and it very well might, American will get what it earned, for not taking a good long look at both parties. Republicans are screwy. The listen to a foreign owned news station that lies about everything. 200 million LIES a day.

Care to prove this claim?

The dimocrats and obama* lost because they spent too much time dicking around with "health care" and not enough time trying to fix the problems with the economy. They should have worried about the economy first, and they found out the hard way.

If the dimocrats don't wake up, and start realizing that they are part of the problem, obama* will be a one termer who will make Carter look good.

I'm all for obama* being a one termer anyway. Hopefully the adults will be put back in charge in 2012.

Like Bush and the Republicans. They sent millions of jobs to China from 2001 to 2008 using subsidies and tax cuts for the rich people and given citizenship to corporations.

Once back in office, the Republican leadership will gladly finish the job. If that happens, and it very well might, American will get what it earned, for not taking a good long look at both parties. Republicans are screwy. The listen to a foreign owned news station that lies about everything. 200 million LIES a day.

11,187.... that's how many times you have lied on this board.

Lol!! Is that the latest model of thinking by the elite libs? Good luck with that but I'd be planning on an extinction level event in a couple of years if I were a lib....with that line of thinking.

I heard this same thing on NPR the other day. The Dems lost not because they are tone deaf in their interpretation of the voice of the peole and not because they are failures by the standards they set for success and not because they are setting records for mismanagement of funds and not because thay are being forced to investigate their members for crimes against the people.

The Democrats have concluded that they are failures because they are not Liberal enough. Interesting conclusion.

They must be right. All of the scientists are Democrat and those guys are brilliant.

Time for a Real Mutiny

If the Dems thought 2010 was a blood bath...

I'm going to tell you why, our president tried too damn hard to be the president of everyone, reaching out and being too generous with a Republican Party that has little to no respect for him as a politician and leader of this country. Its a known fact that the "solutions" of the Republican Party don't work so it was senseless to reach out to those monkeys while simultaneously reminding the American people of how bad 8 years of Bush and the Republicans were, it sends a confusing message to the American people. You don't do compromises and deals with the devil and expect to come out on the better end of it, his willingness to compromise with the Republicans on the extension of the Bush tax cuts further underlines my point, let the damn things expire and move on.

As for some of the rest of the Democrats, especially the Bluedogs, they got voted out because they sold out the people they were supposed to represent all in the name of retaining their power. Its no surprise that only the more liberal Democrats retained their sets and the so called "conservative" Democrats lost out. Instead of distancing themselves from Obama to save their seats they should have stood up for the people that put them in office, instead when they saw the low poll numbers of Obama they thought they could hustle themselves into keeping their seats by being more "conservative."

CON2593-15.jpg

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD:D:lmao::rofl::laugh::ack-1::omg::wink_2::tomato::eek::rofl::blowup:

Lol!! Is that the latest model of thinking by the elite libs? Good luck with that but I'd be planning on an extinction level event in a couple of years if I were a lib....with that line of thinking.

I heard this same thing on NPR the other day. The Dems lost not because they are tone deaf in their interpretation of the voice of the peole and not because they are failures by the standards they set for success and not because they are setting records for mismanagement of funds and not because thay are being forced to investigate their members for crimes against the people.

The Democrats have concluded that they are failures because they are not Liberal enough. Interesting conclusion.

They must be right. All of the scientists are Democrat and those guys are brilliant.

Had Obama heeded the words of the more liberal House and Senate Democrats instead listening to the incompetent monkeys around him who were more concerned with making him look good this past election wouldn't have been as bad.

Had Obama heeded the words of the more liberal House and Senate Democrats instead listening to the incompetent monkeys around him who were more concerned with making him look good this past election wouldn't have been as bad.

How so? 40% of the voters didn't turn out saying that they thought Obama and the Democrats had been too centrist.

You mean just more of the same? Just vote on bills despite what the people say? You are dillusional...they lost precisely because they weren't listening and stealing liberty out from underneath the people and spending us further into the poorhouse.

Or didn't the G20 and the embarassment it caused this Republic speak to you at all? :cuckoo:

What happened?

Same thing as always happens.

Buyers' regret.

Had the employment numbers improved the Dems would have done much better.

But as Obama lacked the balls (or votes or whatever) to actually do what needed to be done naturally they took a bath this time round.

I mean seriously...some of you act like this is something new in US politics.

Forum List

Back