Why did Jimmy Carter accomplish so little during his 4 years as president?

The Ayatolla was not motivated by money, he was a religious fanatic, he executed most of the people who were negotiating with Carter. And the $8 billion payoff you're talking about was THEIR money to begin with (frozen assets). That was the first demand met by the capitulating Carter, so that was already a done deal, long before the 1980 election. If that had been why they released the hostages, it would have happened long before Reagan was a factor. But it didn't happen until Inauguration Day. You don't know wtf you're talking about.
I just posted a link to a history website which explained it. Have a third grader explain it to ya. :rolleyes:
I consult the history link in my own vivid memory. The Iranian muslim terrorists leveraged Carter's ouster and emphasized that by releasing those hostages the day he officially left office. All due to Carter granting safe haven to the shah.
Hopefully, you'll understand why I prefer actual history over the dimmed recollections of brain-addled conservatives.

Here's a second link on the subject...

On the day of Reagan’s inauguration, January 20, 1981, the United States freed almost $8 billion in frozen Iranian assets, and the 52 hostages were released after 444 days.

Hostage rescue mission ends in disaster - Apr 24, 1980 - HISTORY.com
Like I already explained to you, the money was a done deal early on. That's not something that was agreed to on Inauguration Day, moron.
You are severely retarded. Here's a third reference. This one is a New York Times article which explains how the funds were not released until inauguration day... rendering you even more wrong than you were previously...

Once the escrow account was established, major American banks electronically transferred $5.5 billion to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which in turn transferred this amount and the Iranian assets it already held into the escrow account in the Bank of England. The agreement with Iran required that the Bank of England certify that the escrow account held $7.955 billion before Iran would be obliged to release the hostages.

The Bank of England made the necessary certification early this morning. When the 52 hostages had departed from Iranian air space, the Government of Algeria certified to the Algerian central bank, which controlled the escrow fund, that the hostages were free, and it, in turn, instructed the Bank of England to transfer the funds out of the escrow fund.

UNFROZEN ASSETS RECIEVED SO FAR BY IRANIANS COME TO $2.9 BILLION
Wrong again, kid. The Democrats were criticizing Reagan AFTER he began his presidency for not releasing the Iranian assets according to Carter's promise. And to show how fucking dumb you are, why would Carter deliberately wait until Inauguration Day to release them, to make SURE he lost the election??? It didn't happen until the last minute because they wanted to humiliate him as much as possible BEFORE that "war monger" Reagan took over. THEN, they let them go. Damn, you're dumb.

I just posted a link to a history website which explained it. Have a third grader explain it to ya. :rolleyes:
I consult the history link in my own vivid memory. The Iranian muslim terrorists leveraged Carter's ouster and emphasized that by releasing those hostages the day he officially left office. All due to Carter granting safe haven to the shah.
Hopefully, you'll understand why I prefer actual history over the dimmed recollections of brain-addled conservatives.

On the day of Reagan’s inauguration, January 20, 1981, the United States freed almost $8 billion in frozen Iranian assets, and the 52 hostages were released after 444 days.

Like I already explained to you, the money was a done deal early on. That's not something that was agreed to on Inauguration Day, moron.
You are severely retarded. Here's a third reference. This one is a New York Times article which explains how the funds were not released until inauguration day... rendering you even more wrong than you were previously...

Once the escrow account was established, major American banks electronically transferred $5.5 billion to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which in turn transferred this amount and the Iranian assets it already held into the escrow account in the Bank of England. The agreement with Iran required that the Bank of England certify that the escrow account held $7.955 billion before Iran would be obliged to release the hostages.

The Bank of England made the necessary certification early this morning. When the 52 hostages had departed from Iranian air space, the Government of Algeria certified to the Algerian central bank, which controlled the escrow fund, that the hostages were free, and it, in turn, instructed the Bank of England to transfer the funds out of the escrow fund.

Wrong again, kid. The Democrats were criticizing Reagan AFTER he began his presidency for not releasing the Iranian assets according to Carter's promise. And to show how fucking dumb you are, why would Carter deliberately wait until Inauguration Day to release them, to make SURE he lost the election??? It didn't happen until the last minute because they wanted to humiliate him as much as possible BEFORE that "war monger" Reagan took over. THEN, they let them go. Damn, you're dumb.
Your stupidity never ends, does it, rightard?

Again....

It seemed within reach. After months of negotiations the United States had agreed to release several billion dollars in Iranian gold and bank assets, frozen in American banks just after the seizure of the embassy. The government of Iran, now involved in a war with neighboring Iraq, was desperate for money and therefore seemed willing to release the hostages. The Iranians refused to communicate directly with the president, or any other American, so Algeria had agreed to act as an intermediary. This arrangement slowed down the negotiating process.

[...]

Then came a series of small, nerve-racking crises that slowed down the process. At one time that last Sunday, Lloyd Cutler, one of the White House attorneys, told the president there was a delay in the transfer of assets–the Federal Reserve Bank of New York did not have its part of the money!

[...]

Then came another delay. The Algerian negotiator sent word that the Iranian bank officials did not agree with the terms of accountability in the banking agreements.

more...

Again....

It seemed within reach. After months of negotiations the United States had agreed to release several billion dollars in Iranian gold and bank assets, frozen in American banks just after the seizure of the embassy. The government of Iran, now involved in a war with neighboring Iraq, was desperate for money and therefore seemed willing to release the hostages. The Iranians refused to communicate directly with the president, or any other American, so Algeria had agreed to act as an intermediary. This arrangement slowed down the negotiating process.

[...]

Then came a series of small, nerve-racking crises that slowed down the process. At one time that last Sunday, Lloyd Cutler, one of the White House attorneys, told the president there was a delay in the transfer of assets–the Federal Reserve Bank of New York did not have its part of the money!

[...]

Then came another delay. The Algerian negotiator sent word that the Iranian bank officials did not agree with the terms of accountability in the banking agreements.

more...
Funny how all those delays and crises all seemed to disappear on Inauguration Day, huh moron? As luck would have it, it all came together just minutes before Ronald Reagan officially took office. What a coincidence! :lol:

Oh, I'm sure you're not, but the rest of us are. :rofl:
Who's "us," rightie? You got a gerbil up your ass? And who cares what you think? You think Reagan's mere presence scared Iran into giving up American hostages when Iran went on to sponsor the worst single attack against Americans in the Middle East in our history.

You really are that stupid. :cuckoo:
The rest of America, dumbfuck. America has been laughing at Jimmy Carter since he was first elected. He was a joke while he was president and he's been an even bigger joke since he was crushed by Ronald Reagan in 1980. The man is a LOSER, just like YOU, scumbag.

Too bad you're completely wrong about the Algiers Accords then Cinderella, and actually believe that Iran scrambled to release hostages ---- with no plan at all ---- just because they saw Reagan taking the Oath on TV and it had nothing to do with the Algiers Accords that had been worked on for weeks by Warren Christopher.

What's that Pookie? You don't know what the Algiers Accords were?

Like you don't know how the Electoral College works?

We prolly already did this but some cretin bumped the thread.
Poor, demented, rightards... The hostages were released while Carter was still president.

Cronkite was first to announce their release on the air, as seen in this clip at the 9:55 mark...

They made damn sure the hostages were leaving Iranian airspace BEFORE Reagan's swearing in ceremony was finished. They knew Carter wouldn't do shit, but they were scared shitless that Reagan would.

They were keeping their deal with Reagan to hold the hostages until after the election in exchange for arms. The same Reagan players were later caught in another arms for hostages deal we now know as the Iran Contra scandal.

Funny how all those delays and crises all seemed to disappear on Inauguration Day, huh moron? As luck would have it, it all came together just minutes before Ronald Reagan officially took office. What a coincidence! :lol:
Luck had nothing to do with it, it was an illegal arms deal Reagan made with Iran that iced it.

Luck had nothing to do with it, it was an illegal arms deal Reagan made with Iran that iced it.
Oh boy, here we go with this shit again.

Jimmy Carter is too smart for his own good.

Jimmy Carter is too smart for his own good.
You're being awfully generous there.

Truth is always shit to the Right.

Again....

[...]

[...]

more...
My goodness, you're especially stupid. Carter was trying desperately to get the hostages freed and his time was quickly running out on inauguration day. It was no coincidence that the money was freed up that day. It was the culmination of determination to get the hostages released.

Jimmy Carter would say later, "No matter who was with me, we watched the big grandfather clock by the door." Time was running out, for it was Tuesday, January 20, 1981. The scene was the Oval Office. In just hours this president would leave it for good, and a new leader, Ronald Reagan, would move in. As the clock ticked the time away, Carter tried to resolve a crisis that had almost destroyed his presidency. He was close, very close, and as he said, "At stake were the lives of 52 precious human beings who had been imprisoned in Iran for 444 days–and almost 12 billion dollars of Iranian assets."

more...

Again....

[...]

[...]

more...

Actually the deal had them leaving the previous day (19th). But due to the Iran-Iraq war going on the airport in Tehran was inactive and kept dark at night to avoid being targeted. I don't even need to look this shit up, but I'm impressed at the amount of money you save by not buying history books and just making it up as you go. That's very thrifty. :thup:

Ah, life is so simple when you live in the comic books... where everything runs on emotion of the moment and big strong superhero in spandex always thinks of everything the end :rolleyes:

He was very weak on foreign policy.

Actually Carter himself has pointed out that while he was in office we never had a war, never fired a shot, never dropped a bomb.

And he's right. No other POTUS since Herbert Hoover can say that.

Truth is always shit to the Right.
You wouldn't know truth if it slapped you upside your head.

Again....

[...]

[...]

more...
My goodness, you're especially stupid. Carter was trying desperately to get the hostages freed and his time was quickly running out on inauguration day. It was no coincidence that the money was freed up that day. It was the culmination of determination to get the hostages released.

Jimmy Carter would say later, "No matter who was with me, we watched the big grandfather clock by the door." Time was running out, for it was Tuesday, January 20, 1981. The scene was the Oval Office. In just hours this president would leave it for good, and a new leader, Ronald Reagan, would move in. As the clock ticked the time away, Carter tried to resolve a crisis that had almost destroyed his presidency. He was close, very close, and as he said, "At stake were the lives of 52 precious human beings who had been imprisoned in Iran for 444 days–and almost 12 billion dollars of Iranian assets."

more...
You'll believe anything, won't you? :lol:

Ah, life is so simple when you live in the comic books... where everything runs on emotion of the moment and big strong superhero in spandex always thinks of everything the end :rolleyes:
Can't make Carter more than a loser so this is what we get from pogo. Basically nothing. I guess you gave up on trying to make your "October Surprise" case, huh?

Again....

[...]

[...]

more...

more...
You'll believe anything, won't you? :lol:

tmp.jpg

Again....

[...]

[...]

more...

Actually the deal had them leaving the previous day (19th). But due to the Iran-Iraq war going on the airport in Tehran was inactive and kept dark at night to avoid being targeted. I don't even need to look this shit up, but I'm impressed at the amount of money you save by not buying history books and just making it up as you go. That's very thrifty. :thup:
Apply time zones.
Lefties rewrite history all the time. They insist they knew the cold war would end because the Soviet economy would collapse. That's why they implored nuclear disarmament right up to the end.

Poor, rightarded, dumbfuck.... the hostages were freed while Carter was still president. Cronkite announced it live before Reagan was sworn in. That came after months of negotiations which began before Reagan even won the election. Reagan had nothing to do with it.
Just keep telling yourself that, fucktard. Maybe it'll help you deal with yet another epic rejection of liberal bullshit policies similar to 1980.
I don't have to tell myself that -- I played the video of Walter Cronkite announcing it to the world -- while Jimmy Carter was president.

And your rightarded idiocy that Iranians released the hostages because they feared Reagan is beyond laughable given the Iranians' hand in murdering 241 of our troops while Reagan was their commander-in-chief. An attack, by the way, which Reagan didn't even respond to.
Meanwhile, back on Planet Earth...LMAO
Yes, a planet you've been diverted from for decades.

Here's what reality looks like ....
"The word from the Associated Press now quotes an Iranian official that the plane with the hostages has taken off from Iran airport." ~ Walter Cronkite
What a pity you can't recognize reality.
What a pity that you can't ACCEPT reality. They waited until the last minute to release the hostages as a final "fuck you" to Jimmy Carter. He didn't have shit to do with their release, it was his loss to Ronald Reagan that prompted it.

You sad, pathetic, pages-of-his-comic-book-stuck-together inane troll. Nations do not act as a "fuck you". They do however act on realities that they're engaged in a war and need resources for it, such as getting their assets unfrozen. See, the real world is not some comic book that runs on emotions, where they take a major action on the basis of "fuck you".

Oh, I'm sure you're not, but the rest of us are. :rofl:
Who's "us," rightie? You got a gerbil up your ass? And who cares what you think? You think Reagan's mere presence scared Iran into giving up American hostages when Iran went on to sponsor the worst single attack against Americans in the Middle East in our history.

You really are that stupid. :cuckoo:
The rest of America, dumbfuck. America has been laughing at Jimmy Carter since he was first elected. He was a joke while he was president and he's been an even bigger joke since he was crushed by Ronald Reagan in 1980. The man is a LOSER, just like YOU, scumbag.

Too bad you're completely wrong about the Algiers Accords then Cinderella, and actually believe that Iran scrambled to release hostages ---- with no plan at all ---- just because they saw Reagan taking the Oath on TV and it had nothing to do with the Algiers Accords that had been worked on for weeks by Warren Christopher.

What's that Pookie? You don't know what the Algiers Accords were?

Like you don't know how the Electoral College works?

We prolly already did this but some cretin bumped the thread.
Poor, demented, rightards... The hostages were released while Carter was still president.

Cronkite was first to announce their release on the air, as seen in this clip at the 9:55 mark...

They made damn sure the hostages were leaving Iranian airspace BEFORE Reagan's swearing in ceremony was finished. They knew Carter wouldn't do shit, but they were scared shitless that Reagan would.

:lol: what a twelve-year-old. Unfortunately it was already inked in Algeria, before it happened. You got snookered by The Media yet again. After all, the idea that Reagan's mere presence sends jets into the air in fear, DOES sell more comic books. Inconveniently, history says that's bullshit.

Forum List

Back