Republican Economic Policy

This is total horseshit. The rise in the national debt is the result of overspending by both parties, NOT any tax cuts. I forget the name of the guy who proved this axiom to be true, but essentially here is no actual correlation between tax rates and revenue. Revenue went up, not down the year after Trump's tax cuts. Which BTW were NOT for the rich, that is a big lie perpetuated by the Left. Most of the people who benefited from those tax cuts were the middle and lower income people.

View attachment 669917
As long as tax rates stay within a certain margin, tax revenues will rise when the economy grows.

Clinton and Obama both raised taxes, and revenues went up. Revenues went up considerably after Clinton raised taxes.

Those who claim tax cuts increase revenues are telling a huge lie of omission. It's theater for the rubes.

Did GDP growth increase after Reagan cut rates?
What was federal revenue before Reagan.....after Reagan.
Federal revenues have grown every year, regardless of tax rates, since at least 1960, with the following exceptions:

FY1983
FY2001
FY2002
FY2003
FY2009

In my comment #62 I pointed out that in important ways Carter's economy was better than Reagan's economy.

In addition, and as I have also pointed out, Reagan was the white man's candidate. He began his 1980 primary campaign by giving a speech extolling states' rights in a town where three civil rights activists had been murdered in 1964.

The Welfare Queen of Chicago did not exist, but everyone knew which race she belonged to.

You know as well as I do that it did not. Instead it turned millions of low income blacks into an unemployable underclass who supplement their welfare checks with the gains from criminal activity.

In my comment #62 I pointed out that in important ways Carter's economy was better than Reagan's economy.

Yup. And you made me chuckle.

You know as well as I do that it did not. Instead it turned millions of low income blacks into an unemployable underclass who supplement their welfare checks with the gains from criminal activity.

Like most liberal, big-bovernment programs, it made things much worse.

I am so sick and tired of partisans pointing their fingers at the opposition party being to blame for our federal debt.

Christ, all during Trump's term I started topics showing Trump was outspending Obama and running up the debt at a record pace.

Every last dipshit who whined and moaned about Obama's spending and deficits were STONE SILENT about Trump. And they remain silent to this very day, despite Trump adding $8 trillion to the debt in HALF the time it took Obama!

I am so fed up with the hypocrisy. BOTH parties have put us in this hole.

BOTH.

So long as fucktard partisan hacks refuse to hold their OWN party accountable, then our politicians will keep digging us deeper and deeper in debt.

As I have said so many times, we get the politicians we deserve.

You hypocrite! First, remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother's eye. - Matthew 7:5

Last edited:
Federal revenues have grown every year, regardless of tax rates, since at least 1960, with the following exceptions:

FY1983
FY2001
FY2002
FY2003
FY2009

Reagan cut the top rate from 70% to 28% but revenues still increased?

Weird.

Reagan cut the top rate from 70% to 28% but revenues still increased?

Weird.
Clinton increased the top rate from 31 percent to 39 percent and revenues nearly doubled over the following seven years.

Weird.

Like I said, as long as we stay within certain margins, revenues will rise regardless.

"It's the economy, stupid."

Clinton increased the top rate from 31 percent to 39 percent and revenues nearly doubled over the following seven years.

Weird.

Like I said, as long as we stay within certain margins, revenues will rise regardless.

"It's the economy, stupid."

Raising rates increases revenues and lowering rates increases revenues?

Sounds like lowering rates is the way to go. Why don't Dems get that?

Raising rates increases revenues and lowering rates increases revenues?

Sounds like lowering rates is the way to go. Why don't Dems get that?
There is a correlation between lower rates and higher deficits, that's why.

More whining from lefties who still think they lost the freaking election. Do they really want to compare FDR's "new deal" to Brandon's "green deal"? Sometimes you gotta laugh.

One of the biggest hoaxes pulled on the rube herd is the Taxpayer Protection Pledge.

I like to point out its GIANT flaw.

Here is the pledge:

I, _____________, pledge to the taxpayers of the state of _____________, and to the American people that I will:

1. oppose any and all efforts to increase the marginal income tax rates for individuals and/or businesses; and

2. oppose any net reduction or elimination of deductions and credits, unless matched dollar for dollar by further reducing tax rates.

Can you spot the fatal flaw of this pandering hoax?

Reagan did not double revenues. Not even close.

He did submit the first trillion dollar budget, though. And he increased the debt-to-GDP ratio.

Not even close? After cutting the top rate 60%?

He did submit the first trillion dollar budget, though. And he increased the debt-to-GDP ratio.

And won the Cold War.

Not even close? After cutting the top rate 60%?
I provided you the link of federal revenues. So your made up claim about double revenues is bunk.

And won the Cold War.
Yes, you will find I have endlessly praised Reagan on this forum for ending the Cold War.

In fact, I frequently compare the 80s pinkos to the Trumptards of today with their fear and love of Putin.

"Don't provoke him! You're gonna get us all nuked!"

Same bullshit, different decade.

Forum List

Back