Why DeSantis hasn't announced his run for POTUS.

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
Apparently he's getting FL. legislative business taken care of first. Staying focused on the job he was elected to do.
The FL Legislative session ends May 5th.

@ 42:25

I wish Trump would quit so DeSantis could run.
DeSantis is not going to run against Trump, that would be insanely dumb.
So we may very well get a rerun of 2020. Which is also insanely dumb.

In my life I would have never thought it would be possible for either party to knowingly put up a person with OBVIOUS cognitive decline. How did we ever get to a place where that doesn't matter???

DeSantis is to the right of Trump on most issues.

That's not hard to do, considering all the leftist BS Trump shoved in our faces.
$500 BILLION to black communities, just because they were black communities (The Platinum Plan)

Crowder hits the nail on the head with Trump. "Trumps not a liar. He's a bullshit artist."

I wish Trump would quit so DeSantis could run.
DeSantis is not going to run against Trump, that would be insanely dumb.
So we may very well get a rerun of 2020. Which is also insanely dumb.

In my life I would have never thought it would be possible for either party to knowingly put up a person with OBVIOUS cognitive decline. How did we ever get to a place where that doesn't matter???

I see your point. But I do think DeSantis has a good shot of taking Trump down. He just has to stay out of Trumps pig pin and not get muddy. That's Trumps battle ground.
But a lot of folks love the drama and the mud slinging, so it's not going to be easy for DeSantis.

I see your point. But I do think DeSantis has a good shot of taking Trump down. He just has to stay out of Trumps pig pin and not get muddy. That's Trumps battle ground.
But a lot of folks love the drama and the mud slinging, so it's not going to be easy for DeSantis.

With Trump, you never know

He is so self destructive and is under multiple investigations.
Deasantis just has to be ready if or when Trump implodes

With Trump, you never know

He is so self destructive and is under multiple investigations.
Deasantis just has to be ready if or when Trump implodes

Giving Trump all the rope he needs to hang himself with is probably THE BEST political strategy.
But at the same time, be all over Trump with his obvious lies.

Example: Trump has stated that he's going to end the deep state. He get's a HUGE round of applause for that BS.
DeSantis just needs to point out that Trump gave the deep state their authority when he reauthorized FISA.

Another one:
Trumps said he's going to build new cities. Good for another round of applause.
DeSantis just needs to point out that the president doesn't have the authority to do this. And that if the free market wants a new city, that it'll do it without the federal governments money.

Trumps lies are easy to debunk. The hard part is getting his loyal supporters to understand they're just lies.

According to FL law he has to resign as governor if he is running for national office. He's been skirting that law too closely IMO.

Link:
Gov. Ron DeSantis seems to have his next run for office in mind, as Republican Senate leadership filed a bill Thursday to "revise laws relating to elections."

GOP leadership will likely be attempting to rewrite the law as they did for former governors Scott and Crist to allow them to run for federal office while maintaining the flexibility to be governor.

Currently, F.S. Chapter 99 reads: (4)(a) Any officer who qualifies for federal public office must resign from the office he or she presently holds if the terms, or any part thereof, run concurrently with each other. (b) The resignation is irrevocable.

Since the next presidential term would begin in January 2025, in the middle of DeSantis's second term as governor, lawmakers will certainly make adjustments to allow him to stay governor as long as needed.

They will likely change it back after the next White House race is settled, just in case a Democrat wins the next governor's race.

The first committee hearing on this election law change comes on April 4.

DeSantis is well aware he cannot beat Trump in the primaries, so he is hoping all the lawsuits will force him out and DeS will step in to save the faint of heart.

Why because Donald Trump would ass fuck him and end any chance of him ever being president. He is smart enough to wait 4 more years.

DeSantis is well aware he cannot beat Trump in the primaries, so he is hoping all the lawsuits will force him out and DeS will step in to save the faint of heart.
DeSantis would do better in the General Election but I doubt he can take out Trump head to head.

His best chance is to stay in the race and see if Trump Crashes and Burns

Forum List

Back