Why College students are debt slaves

This is a very true and scary story. This past week in class the students have to write an essay about the 1960's. Some of the material learned is about Vietnam, Civil Rights Movement, MLK, Malcolm X, JFK/RFK, The Beatles, etc. My vocabulary word for them was "revolution", so in order to explain it I mentioned the Revolutionary War...I was in for a shock. Keep in mind these are not young children-these are 10th graders who are less than 2 years away from being adults.

-In one class they were confused because I called it the "U.S. Revolutionary War"....they thought I was talking about a different war because I didn't say the "Revolutionary War".

-In a classroom full of 25 students aged 15-17 not one of them could tell me who we fought in the war. Not ONE. They were engaged and compliant, they just had no clue what the answer was. It was pretty sad.
Most kids in high school aren't interested history or other social studies.

Link?
It's my opinion drawn from my 3 grand kids in high school. Most teens are consumed with their lives, their friends, their studies, social media, and current teen culture. The Revolutionary War, Civil, WWII, an Vietnam are all ancient history. As they age, they join the rest of society but as teens they live in their own world.

This is a very true and scary story. This past week in class the students have to write an essay about the 1960's. Some of the material learned is about Vietnam, Civil Rights Movement, MLK, Malcolm X, JFK/RFK, The Beatles, etc. My vocabulary word for them was "revolution", so in order to explain it I mentioned the Revolutionary War...I was in for a shock. Keep in mind these are not young children-these are 10th graders who are less than 2 years away from being adults.

-In one class they were confused because I called it the "U.S. Revolutionary War"....they thought I was talking about a different war because I didn't say the "Revolutionary War".

-In a classroom full of 25 students aged 15-17 not one of them could tell me who we fought in the war. Not ONE. They were engaged and compliant, they just had no clue what the answer was. It was pretty sad.
Most kids in high school aren't interested history or other social studies.

Link?
It's my opinion drawn from my 3 grand kids in high school.

So, illogical.

Forum List

Back