Why Chris Christie is a bad idea for the GOP.

Will Christie cave to his party and act like a GOP robot?

LOL, you go into a thread by a Republican that opposes another Republican and say Republicans are "robot".

I couldn't make up arguments as stupid as the ones you people come up with for real.

KrispyCrats.jpg

thats the kind of pictures Dean used to show of Christie until many Republicans started bad mouthing him....then all of a sudden Christie became a good guy....

Just an observation. Nixon could compromise with Mao because Nixon was seen as a strident anti-communist. Any compromise Christie would try would be automatically decried a sell out by the RW, while someone like Ryan can make like a used car salesman

Does anyone with a whit of political knowledge believe that the Tea Party faction can field a candidate who:

Can win a national election

Govern with the best interests of all Americans in mind

and prove sufficiently Conservative and bad ass to appeal to the Tea Party rank and file?

Without such a candidate, the Tea Party faction should sit down, shut up and let the grown ups in the GOP make the call.

I am NoT guessing. The guy has been a governor of NJ for 4 years.

Look at his deeds.

That all you need.

I am looking at his deeds.

No, you are NOT.

otherwise you would see that the guy is a conservative with a practical approach to the situation in his blue state.
He cut taxes, spending and balanced the budget in NJ.

and THAT is the main goal of the TP

Yes, I'm looking at his deeds. Particularly at his bromance with Obama which happened before the elections. Not a smart move, and don't give me that bull shit line that he had to do it. Hurricane Sandy devastated NJ and if Obama refused to help it could have been used against him. Christie did not have to hug Obama to get aid for the victims. It will be tough to forgive him or trust him after that.

and so you think some Republican will do all those?.....im sure he/she will tell you they will....they have nothing but excuses after they are elected dont they?....

Yes, there are many who are already trying to do those things.
how often are they successful?...standing up and talking about something is different than actually doing something about it.....im sorry i dont have faith in any politician of either party to do what is right...UNLESS....their Party says its ok....for instance a Politician feels we should be getting away from ME oil....if the party says no....we are making lots of money behind the scenes with them....then it aint going to happen....

Well there is Ted Cruz for one.

Does anyone with a whit of political knowledge believe that the Tea Party faction can field a candidate who:

and prove sufficiently Conservative and bad ass to appeal to the Tea Party rank and file?

Without such a candidate, the Tea Party faction should sit down, shut up and let the grown ups in the GOP make the call.

When the Democrats field a candidate who can govern according to the best interests of all Americans, your call for Tea Partiers to shut up might have some weight.

You sound like those on the right who say that people who can't figure out how to get a gov't ID are probably not the people you want deciding the fate of an election --- except that you have less grounds for your position since your own candidates are unqualified by your own criteria.

Simply put, it's because there us so very little difference between him and Hillary.

Will Christie defund obamacare?
Will Christie refuse to grant amnesty?
Will Christie reduce spending?
Will Christie stop the NSA and other government spying?
Will Christie secure our borders?
Will Christie reduce taxes?
Will Christie develop our oil and gas potential here in the US?
Will Christie stand up to the Muslim Brotherhood?
Will Christie stand up for our 2nd Amendment rights?
Will Christie appoint conservative judges?

If the economy and the country lasts until 2016, it will be on the very precipice of falling. If we don't try to get someone who will fight the progressive destruction of the country instead of going aong with it, it will fall. if Christie is on charge at the time, he and the GOP will get the blame for it.l

is ok, if he gets the nod you will still vote for him and defend him anyways, just like most of your type will.

Irrelevant.

Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, just to name three Tea Party candidates that won a national election. Anymore stupid questions?

Simply put, it's because there us so very little difference between him and Hillary.

If the economy and the country lasts until 2016, it will be on the very precipice of falling. If we don't try to get someone who will fight the progressive destruction of the country instead of going aong with it, it will fall. if Christie is on charge at the time, he and the GOP will get the blame for it.l

christie although he is a nice guy

is a progressive

That is what I'm afraid of. I have been convinced to keep my
Mind a little more open, but if the primary were held right now, he wouldn't get my vote. I don't trust him.

Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, just to name three Tea Party candidates that won a national election. Anymore stupid questions?

That was parody/irony ... right? Please tell me so.

Christie is a great idea for the GOP brand.

As a "compassionate conservative" Christie is a great idea for the gimmes.

As one who cares for Individual Liberty, Capitalism and Free Enterprise I believe a Christie nomination is awful.

Christie is center right. America is center right. He is what America needs right now.

I'm not convinced he's center right.

And could you assess their chances in a Presidential campaign? Between the debates, the campaign and other opportunities to generally piss off or other wise alienate fellow Americans and commit gaffs (Rick Perry's Oops! e.g.) could any of those moon bayers really pull off a national victory?

Christie is the right person for the GOP candidacy in 2016.

I agree, he is someone that folks know will do the right thing - by putting the country first.

I don't think that Hillary would be a bad choice either - just that Christie would be better.

This is telling right here, a guy who thinks that Hillary would be a good choice...Hillary Clinton for God's sake...thinks Christie is a good choice too.

Thus proving the point of my OP.

When the Democrats field a candidate who can govern according to the best interests of all Americans, your call for Tea Partiers to shut up might have some weight.

You sound like those on the right who say that people who can't figure out how to get a gov't ID are probably not the people you want deciding the fate of an election --- except that you have less grounds for your position since your own candidates are unqualified by your own criteria.
We've yet to see a Tea Party winner demonstrate the first clue as to how to govern. The congressional delegation certainly wasn't sent to Washington to govern, they were sent to sabotage and obstruct. Scott Walker in Wisconsin uses signatures on his recall petition as an enemies list. Tea Party governance? Where?

Forum List

Back