Why can't evolution be part of god's plan?

Of course it can!

Its just silly to assume that there's a driving consciousness behind it when there is no proof of that.
Silly to you, not so silly to others. It's like saying one is silly for having blue as their favorite color rather than red. There is no supporting data, nor is there refuting data about any driving consciousness. Thus, even giving a driving consciousness consideration ends up being a belief.

So a day in the bible isn't a day? :lol:

So anyways, how does evolution fit in if the bible says that man was made out of dust? Man just plopped down, then evolved?

You've got a long road ahead of you in understanding the Bible if you laugh at something so basic that you are obviously clueless about. It appears that you don't really want to understand the Bible.

Of course it can!

Its just silly to assume that there's a driving consciousness behind it when there is no proof of that.
Silly to you, not so silly to others. It's like saying one is silly for having blue as their favorite color rather than red. There is no supporting data, nor is there refuting data about any driving consciousness. Thus, even giving a driving consciousness consideration ends up being a belief.

hehehe... no, it's JUST AS SILLY to believe in a bunch of greek gods up on a mountain somewhere humping animals and nymphs..

...RIGHT?

Clearly, the belief is Zues is just CARAZY!

Of course it can!

Heck C-man, I just saw something the other that I said to myself..."C'mon, what are the chances that wasn't designed."

given the entire scope of the universe the chances are that we were not designed. All this effort and no wings? gimme a break.

So anyways, how does evolution fit in if the bible says that man was made out of dust? Man just plopped down, then evolved?

You've got a long road ahead of you in understanding the Bible if you laugh at something so basic that you are obviously clueless about. It appears that you don't really want to understand the Bible.

praytell. The bible specifically states that Adam was crafted out of dust; not out of carbon molecules. That women were crafted afterward from a rib bone; not evolved in direct tandem with a male counterpart. Tell me, how does sexual reproduction happen, as necessary in EVOLUTION, without a mate which is somehow unnecessary until Adam got bored?

The whole "days could mean anything" opinion always cracks me up too. If anything, the nomenclature of DAYS reflects on the very human minds that were as busy making this shit up about human origin as they were blaming fire on angered sky gods. Why, if this is the inspired word of god, don't we see a time concept mentioned that is something other than clearly human-oriented in description?

"On the Third Malfanor God created..."

That's right...the Sun wasn't created until the fourth day in Genisis 1:16.

Obviously if there was no Sun, there were no 24 hour days.

no, the sun was not created on the 4th day, nor was the moon and the stars....the bible says they were AFFIXED on the 4th day so that we could use the sun, moon and stars to guide us through seasons...later that we used...to guide us in travel, and planting and harvesting.

When our galaxy was first being formed our planets were not position in the heavens as they are now....we went through a huge bombardment period, with gravitational pulls that swung other planets left and right, closer and farther from the sun....

it was not until after we got our moon through a huge impact of another protoplanet...100 million years after the earth was created...that we became positioned and affixed in our NEW 22 degree tilt, and our 3rd rock from the sun position, with our gravitational pull/position, did we become a planet that could support the makings and evolution of intelligent life.... and eventually have our 24 hour days...initially, science estimates our days were only 8 hours....

the bible says on the First day, there was LIGHT and the light was good, there was day and there was night...the SUN had already been formed, just as earth had been formed....or there would have not been LIGHT on the day 1 of the progression.

there is nothing in genesis 1 that even contradicts evolution...

we were FORMED from the dust according to both....

there were plants first, then fish, birds, crawling things and animals, THEN MAN in both evolution and genesis1....

i don't even know what the argument is...other than not understanding what the term 'day' meant?

care

praytell. The bible specifically states that Adam was crafted out of dust; not out of carbon molecules. That women were crafted afterward from a rib bone; not evolved in direct tandem with a male counterpart. Tell me, how does sexual reproduction happen, as necessary in EVOLUTION, without a mate which is somehow unnecessary until Adam got bored?

The whole "days could mean anything" opinion always cracks me up too. If anything, the nomenclature of DAYS reflects on the very human minds that were as busy making this shit up about human origin as they were blaming fire on angered sky gods. Why, if this is the inspired word of god, don't we see a time concept mentioned that is something other than clearly human-oriented in description?

You're clueless as well! Are you the same as BigBarry? Perhaps his brother.

So tell me, what is meant by 'dust'? Don't know? Let me know when you find out. And why don't you know about the differences in the meaning of the word 'day' in the Bible? You act like you know a lot about the Bible, but you clearly do not.

So how were a man and a woman created that were necessary to produce a child? It's the chicken and the egg argument. So many basic questions, so few answers.

I bet christians of yesteryear found themselves having to roll over and ASSIMILATE the findings of Galileo too.

You're clueless as well! Are you the same as BigBarry? Perhaps his brother.

So tell me, what is meant by 'dust'? Don't know? Let me know when you find out. And why don't you know about the differences in the meaning of the word 'day' in the Bible? You act like you know a lot about the Bible, but you clearly do not.

So how were a man and a woman created that were necessary to produce a child? It's the chicken and the egg argument. So many basic questions, so few answers.

wow! what EXPERTISE!

:rofl:

Dust could mean any number of things. ANY number of things. But, rather than face this FACT you ASSume that dust means carbon molecules.

Maybe if you spent more time providing evidence of your rather stupid posts than acting like a fucking professor you'll impress someone. As it stands, you clearly have no idea about the specifics of meiosis or it's origin in mitosis.

:thup:

shit, did I just ask a dogma junkie for EVIDENCE? The ghost of Copernicus is laughing at you.

no, the sun was not created on the 4th day, nor was the moon and the stars....the bible says they were AFFIXED on the 4th day so that we could use the sun, moon and stars to guide us through seasons...later that we used...to guide us in travel, and planting and harvesting.

When our galaxy was first being formed our planets were not position in the heavens as they are now....we went through a huge bombardment period, with gravitational pulls that swung other planets left and right, closer and farther from the sun....

it was not until after we got our moon through a huge impact of another protoplanet...100 million years after the earth was created...that we became positioned and affixed in our NEW 22 degree tilt, and our 3rd rock from the sun position, with our gravitational pull/position, did we become a planet that could support the makings and evolution of intelligent life.... and eventually have our 24 hour days...initially, science estimates our days were only 8 hours....

the bible says on the First day, there was LIGHT and the light was good, there was day and there was night...the SUN had already been formed, just as earth had been formed....or there would have not been LIGHT on the day 1 of the progression.

there were plants first, then fish, birds, crawling things and animals, THEN MAN in both evolution and genesis1....

i don't even know what the argument is...other than not understanding what the term 'day' meant?

care

Sorry Care, I'm reading it verbatim...Gen 1:16 Then God made the two great lights, the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser to rule the night and the stars also.

I use the NKJV.

Here is a link to the KJV http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis 1:16&version=KJV

Last edited:
I bet christians of yesteryear found themselves having to roll over and ASSIMILATE the findings of Galileo too.
Study some history and you won't find yourself in a position of gambling one way or the other.

By all means.. Go ahead and name, specifically, what history you think is applicable since we all know how Galileo was initially treated by your kind only to be eventually validated by my kind.

:lol:

go ahead, lil guy. I DARE you to start swinging.

It's not meant to me taken literally you see, it's meant to refer to any manufacturer of dairy products.

:lol:

care

Sorry Care, I'm reading it verbatim...Gen 1:16 Then God made the two great lights, the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser to rule the night and the stars also.

I use the NKJV.

sucks that the moon is not an autonomous light, eh? I'm SURE SOME STONE AGE BELIEFS THOUGHT SO, however.

Copernicus was a priest, galileo was a Christian as well who used copernicus's discoveries of the earth revolving around the sun....and furthered the theory....

do you blame God for the actions of the mere men in catholic church power, that punished Galileo for telling the truth...which also did not conflict with the bible's genesis story?

care

Of course it can!

Heck C-man, I just saw something the other that I said to myself..."C'mon, what are the chances that wasn't designed."

Well, what exactly was it that you saw? Can you remember? I hate when I experience something that inspires a great argument or connection and then days later can't even remember exactly what it was.

Anyway, not to insult you Missourian in anyway, but I hardly think that you have the biological expertise to make such judgements.

If intelligent design were really the case, then why do I have to wipe after I shit? It sure would be a lot easier if there was no mess. THAT would have been an intelligent design. And cancer, what idiot designed that? Why do I have to wear glasses? What about those people with congenital birth defects? Who designed them?

Forum List

Back