CDZ Why aren't we addressing the gun issue as a cultural problem?

But it is your business if someone wants to commit suicide

It must be exhausting to hold so many contradictory thoughts

Not at all.

Suicide victims are people.

Fetuses aren't.

No contradiction at all.

When we have a census next year, we aren't counting fetuses. (In fact, if you ever worked as a census enumerator, they go into a very complicated thing about when you can count a newborn.)
No one is the victim of suicide.

And their body their choice also implies their life their choice

And like I said I have no strong feelings on abortion either way. I'm looking at it from a philosophical angle. I think absolutism is the stance of unsophisticated thinkers

And like I said I have no strong feelings on abortion either way. I'm looking at it from a philosophical angle. I think absolutism is the stance of unsophisticated thinkers

Naw, man, it's pragmatism.

If we outlaw abortion like the religious nuts want to, we'll either have a theocratic police state or a situation like the Philippines where abortions are common and very dangerous.

I agree with Bill Clinton. Abortion should be safe, legal and rare. We need to do more work on the rare part.

Meanwhile, Suicide does have negative effects... loss of economic value, heartbreak for families. And putting up with 20,000 of them a year because you guys have a gun fetish is too much.

Naw, man, it's pragmatism.

If we outlaw abortion like the religious nuts want to, we'll either have a theocratic police state or a situation like the Philippines where abortions are common and very dangerous.

I agree with Bill Clinton. Abortion should be safe, legal and rare. We need to do more work on the rare part.

Meanwhile, Suicide does have negative effects... loss of economic value, heartbreak for families. And putting up with 20,000 of them a year because you guys have a gun fetish is too much.
I never said anything about outlawing abortion.

I think a reasoned person would realize that at some point during gestation the term fetus no longer applies.

Certainly if a woman has the right to choose what she does with her own body then every person has that right.

I don't think you can have it both ways and still be consistent in your thinking.

And you know you started out sounding like a reasonable person then you fuck it up with your obsession with sexualizing everything.

I think a reasoned person would realize that at some point during gestation the term fetus no longer applies.

Yeah, here's the problem with that... once you let that camel's nose under the tent, you have the whole camel in the tent. I'm not for granting more rights to fetuses than the women they are inside...

Certainly if a woman has the right to choose what she does with her own body then every person has that right.

According to our sensible laws, they don't.... we lock up the suicidal for their own good.

I don't think you can have it both ways and still be consistent in your thinking.

A foolish consistancy is the hobgoblin of tiny minds.

And you know you started out sounding like a reasonable person then you fuck it up with your obsession with sexualizing everything.

Again, when you say, "I am going to oppose even the most reasonable gun law because I needs me a gun!" that's pretty fucking unreasonable. "Crazy People with machine guns, just like the Founding Fathers wanted!!!"

That's... nuts.

Yeah, here's the problem with that... once you let that camel's nose under the tent, you have the whole camel in the tent. I'm not for granting more rights to fetuses than the women they are inside...

According to our sensible laws, they don't.... we lock up the suicidal for their own good.

Again, when you say, "I am going to oppose even the most reasonable gun law because I needs me a gun!" that's pretty fucking unreasonable. "Crazy People with machine guns, just like the Founding Fathers wanted!!!"

That's... nuts.

Wow now look at you using the slippery slope argument that you ridicule pro second amendment people for using.

And tell me which of the over 20000 federal and state gun laws are unreasonable?

And I never said I oppose most any gun law. In fact I am the one saying we need to actually enforce the gun laws we already have before we add anymore because when gun laws are actually enforced they work

That's... nuts.
------------------------------------ lots of MACHINE GUNS around and they are Legal in most states . Problem is that they are 2 expensive because of [think its GCA] of 1936 and then 'ron reagans' GSA of 1968 JoeB . Correction wanted if I am incorrect on the years JoeB ,

Wow now look at you using the slippery slope argument that you ridicule pro second amendment people for using.

And tell me which of the over 20000 federal and state gun laws are unreasonable?

And I never said I oppose most any gun law. In fact I am the one saying we need to actually enforce the gun laws we already have before we add anymore because when gun laws are actually enforced they work

Congrats, you got all the NRA talking points down.

Get back to me when you want to have serious discussion.

That's... nuts.

Hey, if you're worried about crazy people possessing "machine guns" then maybe stop supporting social engineering that makes people go crazy.

When I was a kid, there were guns all over the place. Eight year old boys got a 22 for their birthday. Family picnics found us out back shooting holes in targets.

We weren't shooting each other so it isn't the guns. It is something else. Let's look for that something else.

Our neighborhood group of kids could get our rifles, walk to the convenience store, buy a box or two of .22 rounds, then head for the lake and shoot all day. Nobody I know ever got shot until they got old enough to go hang out in bars and do stupid crap, or went to Nam.

Congrats, you got all the NRA talking points down.

Get back to me when you want to have serious discussion.
Says the juvenile idiot who sexualizes everything

Now that is fucking funny

No, guy, there's nothing funny about Glib Sociopaths who minimize gun violence.

TMW2013-01-30colorsmall.jpg

When I was a kid, there were guns all over the place. Eight year old boys got a 22 for their birthday. Family picnics found us out back shooting holes in targets.

We weren't shooting each other so it isn't the guns. It is something else. Let's look for that something else.

Our neighborhood group of kids could get our rifles, walk to the convenience store, buy a box or two of .22 rounds, then head for the lake and shoot all day. Nobody I know ever got shot until they got old enough to go hang out in bars and do stupid crap, or went to Nam.
-------------------------------------- same here , good remembering Picaro . Same for me . We little kids would have our .22 rifles and then the 14 and 15's would come through and show us their .222 Bolt Actions . We were impressed with the big Cartridge .222 Picaro .

I had a .22 rifle at 10 that my grandad gave me. Old, bolt action Winchester Model 69. I still have it. When I turned 14 he gave me his service pistols as he was a retired detective, and had a few S&W .38's, and a Walther PP my Dad brought back from WWII. I knew how to use them and handle them safely and responsibly. No problems, as I didn't view them as some mysterious thing.

there is a price to pay to have the FREEDOM do everything or anything . Ride a motorcycle and watch out for the left turning cars . As you know , the price paid for the FREEDOM of a nice mobile society is about 30 thousand dead every year in car accidents . Think its about 30 thousand DEAD but that's a SMALL price to pay for the FREEDOM that driving a car allows JoeB .

% chance of not being murdrred by a person with a gun

No, guy, there's nothing funny about Glib Sociopaths who minimize gun violence.

TMW2013-01-30colorsmall.jpg

I never minimized it.

I just don't panic because I have a 99.997% chance of not being murdered by a person with a gun.

You just can't stay away from penis references or any other puerile comments then you tell me you want a "serious discussion"

there is a price to pay to have the FREEDOM do everything or anything . Ride a motorcycle and watch out for the left turning cars . As you know , the price paid for the FREEDOM of a nice mobile society is about 30 thousand dead every year in car accidents . Think its about 30 thousand DEAD but that's a SMALL price to pay for the FREEDOM that driving a car allows JoeB .

Okay, this is kind of a retarded argument.

First, we need cars to get to work and such. You don't need a gun.

Second, the problem with this argument is that your mistakes on a motorcycle or in a car usually only affect you.

Guns, not so much. We have tens of thousands of victims who had no use for a gun who died of excessive bullet holes.

When we all have to live with security cameras, guards, metal detectors, active shooter drills, key-card doors in our workplaces, etc. We aren't living in a "Free" society. We are being held hostage to a small minority of nuts.

the SAFETY idea has been blown ways out of proportion for a FREE Society Gents and Ladies , These gun controller types are advocating making 'subjects' , new Zealanders or 'english' and other Diverse type 'subjects' out of Americans ,

Forum List

Back