CDZ Went to the movie theatre to watch a movie, guess what was on the screen?

Is it okay for Hollyweird to show lots of guns and flamethrowers in their movies?

• Yeah, sure it is artistic representation nowadays because nobody wants to see a musical anymore.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No, this vile liberal propaganda from Hollyweird pushes sick people to do sick things. Stop it now.

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
Back in the old days, shows like the lone ranger marketed towards children depicted gun violence and those kids didn't grow up to be psychos.

Back in the old days, shows like the lone ranger marketed towards children depicted gun violence and those kids didn't grow up to be psychos.

Well, I did ... but that was mostly Sheriff John's fault.

The movies are fake

The shootings over the weekend are real

So let me get this straight. The "rhetoric" of a man who's been president for two years instigates mass shootings but 50+ years of graphic depictions of blood and gore billed as entertainment has no effect?

'Hobbs & Shaw' is No. 1 but trails pace of 'Fast & Furious'
Guns, lots of guns, machine guns, rockets, pistols and flame throwers. Then there are those on the left, that say we have a problem with people with "guns". Do you ever wonder why there are 19 year olds out there shooting up people?

Most people will fanatically tell you there's no correlation between the silver or pixel screen and real life violence. After enough of them have repeated this message, you'll realize it's a canned response, much like a dog trained to give paw. Kids worship movies and movie heroes. I know I did. I grew up with Spaghetti Westerns and crime thrillers and Hammer Horror feature films. Of course, seeing and absorbing violence in those films of yore did not lead me to shoot up some block of civilians somewhere. More like they led me to paint bullet wounds onto my Star Wars and G.I. Joe action figures, but I digress. Kids these days, and lot's of 'em, just can't separate movie and video game violence from real life—I mean that's just common sense, right? What traditional frame of reality do modern kids have; what escape do they get from too much screen time? They don't play outside like we did growing up and many of them have never known a world without smart devices and realistic video game gore. We're reaping what we've sown as society who embraces "artistic" violence by the gore filled bucket. We've made our bed. Now our kids have to "deal" with it. And they are . . .

Why is it , that shows like the Rat Patrol, Longest Day, and other violent movies, the kids instead of going out killing each other as drugs and spies, were cowboys and Indians, but also G.I's vs Nazi's? Was it because back then people were patriotic and neighborly to each other, but today, not too many people like anything to do with their neighbors or their country, which 1/2 think are racist/sexist/xenophobic/homophobic/anythingelsephobic? Do you think that there is a bad message coming out of some mouths, like ANTIFA and BLM that want people to be violent? Are you for the messages they represent?

Guns, lots of guns, machine guns, rockets, pistols and flame throwers. Then there are those on the left, that say we have a problem with people with "guns". Do you ever wonder why there are 19 year olds out there shooting up people?
My favorite superhero is Deadpool......cause he blows holes in bad guys and cuts them into giblets.

Okay, so you are okay that violence is being rampantly shown on movies and tv?

I think the world would be better off if moving pictures were banned and all sorts of technology limited. Too late for that.

I'm not sure where people ever got this idea. We live in the most peaceful times in human history. :dunno:

I found a video at the Good Will last week about a terrible event called "Black Hawk Down," and watched it this evening. It was really scary because it showed men getting ripped up by other men holding a rocket launcher that would penetrate an Abrams tank or a Black Hawk helicopter to kill one American soldier. The only good I took back with me was I now understand our soldiers take a lot of fire when they're in a hostile environment where the government has committed acts of hostility to every neighbor, and ships that pass within 15 miles of their coast get pirated, often accompanied by the murders of innocent passengers. It was wall to wall violence that was unrelenting in the time it took to watch the movie which spanned 2 days of soldier terror. It gave me a reverence for what our soldiers do to prevent rogue nations from becoming a repetition of Hitler's Germany who threatened all his neighbors with violence unparalelled if they did not join up with his unholy alliance. I believe Somalia was constantly tormenting, killing, and committing genocide against everybody else and even their own people. What a mean bunch.

Honestly, I'd rather they didn't.

Here's what I'd really like to see. Dramatic representations of the consequences of gun violence... The broken families after someone shoots up a mall.

But no one would go to see that movie.

The movies are fake

The shootings over the weekend are real

So let me get this straight. The "rhetoric" of a man who's been president for two years instigates mass shootings but 50+ years of graphic depictions of blood and gore billed as entertainment has no effect?

No, the rhetoric used by our president feeds hatred and fear of Mexicans
Violence towards Mexicans is an outgrowth

Forum List

Back