Why aren't monkeys evolving now?

Exactly. And I'm sure science will have bonobos speaking two languages in no time.

Something most Americans Christians can't even do.

Only humans use language.
Nonsense. All animals use language

Animals communicate. Only humans use language.
And you know this how?

I have studied the matter in some detail (and I don't mean Google or Wiki).
Then you are a very tough grader

Mission of the Animal Language Institute

Our Philosophy

Human language presupposes several important elements;

1. A rule-governed grammar that is known and shared by all speakers of a language
  2. The intention by speakers to communicate and transfer meaningful information
  3. The use of language as a tool to manipulate one’s own environment and affect the behavior of others
While we are not claiming that animal language is equivalent to human language, we feel that there is a possibility that animal communication systems might share these three elements.

Although it has not been proven that animal communication follows rules, that animals are aware of themselves or others, or that they deliberately communicate to manipulate their environment or other animals, it is the position of the Animal Language Institute that enough evidence exists to point to the possibility that animals might have languages that meet their needs as well as our languages meet our needs.

Animal Language Institute | Exploring the Possibility That Animals Have Language

Our Philosophy

1. A rule-governed grammar that is known and shared by all speakers of a language
  3. The use of language as a tool to manipulate one’s own environment and affect the behavior of others
While we are not claiming that animal language is equivalent to human language, we feel that there is a possibility that animal communication systems might share these three elements.

Although it has not been proven that animal communication follows rules, that animals are aware of themselves or others, or that they deliberately communicate to manipulate their environment or other animals, it is the position of the Animal Language Institute that enough evidence exists to point to the possibility that animals might have languages that meet their needs as well as our languages meet our needs.

Animal Language Institute | Exploring the Possibility That Animals Have Language

Proving my point.

Our Philosophy

Proving my point.
Not in a reality-based world.

"Language" is almost like the last claim of a dying breed of special creationists. You all use a specific definition of the word and day by day, it becomes harder to defend.

Our Philosophy

Proving my point.
Not in a reality-based world.....

Only in a reality-based world. Your own link admits to it. Don't take it personally.

My answer would be that they don't have to evolve, there's no survival reason for them to adapt. And the other thing is, maybe they are evolving, but just at a much slower and imperceptable amount.
Exactly. And I'm sure science will have bonobos speaking two languages in no time.

And you know this how?

If you were to say ~ complex language, then my list of animals gets very small. If you say written language, then you would be correct.

Do Animals Have a Language?

Animal language - Wikipedia
If you say written language, then you would be correct.

even that is vague, the vast correlations of scents and sounds are forms of decipherable language and used by both Fauna and Flora.

And you know this how?

If you were to say ~ complex language, then my list of animals gets very small. If you say written language, then you would be correct.

even that is vague, the vast correlations of scents and sounds are forms of decipherable language and used by both Fauna and Flora.

Again, that is communication but not language.

Animals across a broad range of species convey meaning through their communicative behavior. The meaning we convey in our use of human language must be seen as jointly contributed by the semantics of the words, phrases, and sentences employed and the pragmatics of the situation in which the communication occurs.

by the semantics ...

:lmao:

Animals across a broad range of species convey meaning through their communicative behavior. The meaning we convey in our use of human language must be seen as jointly contributed by the semantics of the words, phrases, and sentences employed and the pragmatics of the situation in which the communication occurs.

by the semantics ...

And?

by the semantics ...

And?

well, -

th

you first ...

Where are these common ancestors now? All buried and in the ground. Why did none of these half-monkey, half-men survive to the modern age? It seems awful convenient that none of them are around.
Watch some science shows or read scientific magazines.
People don't seem to be educated about or understand the theory of evolution.
Well, where in hell did the monkeys come from in the first place?
LOL You need to educate yourself regarding the theory of evolution. All land creatures evolved from sea creatures coming on land.
So then, where did the sea creatures come from? I'm curious.

from sea monkeys of course

by the semantics ...

And?

well, -

th

you first ...
Even whales and dolphins speak a language.

And this provides science an opportunity or challenge. We're already realize these monkeys have a vocabulary of hundreds of words. We can breed them and make each generation smarter. We can feed them cooked meat which makes the brain bigger.

For years we wasted our time with orangatangs when bonobos are much smarter and easier to work with.

I think they'll teach chimps to speak. Would unkotare be prejudice against them too? Would he accept bonobos in his class?

And you know this how?

Science is still unsure of this. I say they can and do already speak a language. Not anything close to ours but maybe we can even teach them enough to meet your definition.

In fact if you were separated from humans at birth you wouldn't know how either. Now of course you can learn better than a monkey because you have a human brain. Much bigger. 1 chromison separates you.

And I don't believe animals only communicate needs. I think they think abstractly. If you lived with one for 40 years you'd know they have plenty to talk about. Love, fun, playful, sad, etc.

And again this is currently being debated so who are you? Are you a creationist?

And you know this how?

.... I say they can and do already speak a language. ....

And you're wrong.

by the semantics ...

And?

well, -

th

you first ...
Even whales and dolphins speak a language.......

No, they communicate.

And you know this how?

And you're wrong.
Just because you, a human, can't understand their language does not mean they don't have a language. Whales have a language, monkeys use sign language, porpoises. Might even say Dogs have writing, in the form of their urine.

And you know this how?

And you're wrong.
Just because you, a human, can't understand their language does not mean they don't have a language. Whales have a language, monkeys use sign language, porpoises. Might even say Dogs have writing, in the form of their urine.

No. I've told you, there is a difference between communicating and using language. You are mistaken.

And you're wrong.

No. I've told you, there is a difference between communicating and using language. You are mistaken.
Define communicating.
Define language.

Can't communicate without language.

Forum List

Back