Why aren't Italian-Americans triggered by the term "lynching" ?

Mother fucking Trump apologists will excuse anything. You people hold the prick up as a tough guy who takes no prisoners. Yet, he whines daily about how unfair he's treated and you echo that whining. What a bunch of whiny bitches.
The only good thing about this is that, despite it being red meat for his base, that base is getting smaller and smaller. I don't think he'll be run out of office by either the Democrats or the Republicans, but by his own mouth.
Lol his approval is rising..
Fake news!

Head in the sand ass up in the air awaiting entry....yeah it is moron.

Now run along. I have no use for any leftist from now on.

You're just a dumbed down target

Italians were lynched in New Orleans by the dozens after a well like Mayor was killed in the 1800's...What I want to know is just how many words the libs will ban from use in this free speech nation?...whats next?...why do dems want to ban words...and statues....and erase our history?...what is it about freedom do they not understand?....

Interesting you should bring up "statues".

From the aforementioned report:

>> Of the 4084 Southern lynchings documented in this report, the overwhelming majority took place on sites that remain unmarked and unrecognized.In contrast, the landscape of the South is cluttered with plaques, statues, and monuments that record, celebrate, and lionize generations of American defenders of white supremacy, including countless leaders of the Confederate war effort and white public officials and private citizens who perpetrated violent crimes against black citizens during the era of racial terror.306 Many of these monuments, markers, and memorials have been erected in just the last sixty years.307 In this context, the lack of public memorials acknowledging racial terrorism is a powerful statement about our failure to value the African Americans who were killed or gravely wounded in this brutal campaign of racial violence. <<​

Say, what was that part about "erasing history" again?

Mother fucking Trump apologists will excuse anything. You people hold the prick up as a tough guy who takes no prisoners. Yet, he whines daily about how unfair he's treated and you echo that whining. What a bunch of whiny bitches.
The only good thing about this is that, despite it being red meat for his base, that base is getting smaller and smaller. I don't think he'll be run out of office by either the Democrats or the Republicans, but by his own mouth.

Lol his approval is rising..

Comrade.

You loons are pathetic.... wishful thinking doesn't get shit accomplished
he is 20 points higher than the 20% congress....now that is what should be talked about...

How about all those dudes who got lynched for cattle rustling when all they really did was try to get into the cattle baron's daughters pants.
--yes many--murdered !!....the Lincoln County War for one---John Tunstall..Buckshot Roberts
...Johnson County war! Nate Champion and many others
..Tom Horn just killed people
many--many whites murdered

The term comes from the Revolutionary War and it is eponymous.
Justice of the Peace Charles Lynch of Virginia used hanging as a means of suppressing loyalist support for king George of England.
Implying the term has only racial connotations is wrong but when have democrats let that stop them?

Actually nobody implied that until you did.

The fact remains however that the vast majority of the literally thousands of lynchings in this country victimized blacks who were considered "uppity". That's simple history.

What the OP has here is called cherrypicking. He seems to think the board is stupid enough to buy his fallacious bullshit. For one thing, lynching of black people went on for decades from the end of the Civil War (and before) up to WW2 (and after). OP wants to cover that up with a single incident.
Mother fucking Trump apologists will excuse anything. You people hold the prick up as a tough guy who takes no prisoners. Yet, he whines daily about how unfair he's treated and you echo that whining.

What a bunch of whiny bitches.
I'm loving all the TDS...please, more laughs, please
hahahahhahahah

Italians were lynched in New Orleans by the dozens after a well like Mayor was killed in the 1800's...What I want to know is just how many words the libs will ban from use in this free speech nation?...whats next?...why do dems want to ban words...and statues....and erase our history?...what is it about freedom do they not understand?....

>> Of the 4084 Southern lynchings documented in this report, the overwhelming majority took place on sites that remain unmarked and unrecognized.In contrast, the landscape of the South is cluttered with plaques, statues, and monuments that record, celebrate, and lionize generations of American defenders of white supremacy, including countless leaders of the Confederate war effort and white public officials and private citizens who perpetrated violent crimes against black citizens during the era of racial terror.306 Many of these monuments, markers, and memorials have been erected in just the last sixty years.307 In this context, the lack of public memorials acknowledging racial terrorism is a powerful statement about our failure to value the African Americans who were killed or gravely wounded in this brutal campaign of racial violence. <<​

I don't know what kind of a point you are trying to make....erasing history over hurt feelings or fear or anger is bad...its a childish endeavor....

I don't know what kind of a point you are trying to make....erasing history over hurt feelings or fear or anger is bad...its a childish endeavor....

Perhaps you should have actually READ the citation. That's what it's there for.

You brought up "erasing history", which is exactly what all those Lost Cause monuments tried to do. That's my job here apparently --- to connect your dots for you.

Justice of the Peace Charles Lynch of Virginia used hanging as a means of suppressing loyalist support for king George of England.
Implying the term has only racial connotations is wrong but when have democrats let that stop them?

The fact remains however that the vast majority of the literally thousands of lynchings in this country victimized blacks who were considered "uppity". That's simple history.

What the OP has here is called cherrypicking. He seems to think the board is stupid enough to buy his fallacious bullshit. For one thing, lynching of black people went on for decades from the end of the Civil War (and before) up to WW2 (and after). OP wants to cover that up with a single incident.
Mother fucking Trump apologists will excuse anything. You people hold the prick up as a tough guy who takes no prisoners. Yet, he whines daily about how unfair he's treated and you echo that whining.

hahahahhahahah

You're loving your illiteracy, since I never brought Rump up at all.

hahahahhahahah

You're loving your illiteracy, since I never brought Rump up at all.
xK47kpUd.jpeg

What is the point of debating what ethnic group suffered the most from lynching, which is unlawful murder committed by a mob? It doesn't matter, so why frame the subject of the most to suffer this cruel fate as a competition?

The orange whore's use of the word this morning shows just how ignorant he is. If he is impeached and removed, he will walk away alive with no rope around his neck and will not be in jail as a result of the impeachment itself. If he were to end up in jail, it would be for other crimes committed in various jurisdictions.

He needs to be illegally driven out of office like a man, right?

The last lynching by the so-called klan happened in 1981 --- not 1881 -- 1981...my life time....his name is Michael Donald...….maybe you would like to forget him, but I won't...
USAdonaldM2.jpg

If this were happening to Italian americans all the way up to this time -- then maybe itailan americans would be a bit more sensitive to the term lynchings -- but since itailians were granted the label of being called white -- they didn't have to deal with that anymore -- just like how the Irish were granted with the label of being white and any other once maligned European immigrant group were ultimately granted the label of being white -- blacks didn't get that label of acceptance, so they continued to get lynched.....

Afterall, the largest mass lynching in American history was against Italians.

Guess they can handle it and control themselves better.

The Grisly Story of America’s Largest Lynching
Innocent Italian-Americans got caught in the crosshairs of a bigoted mob.

A mob of tens of thousands of angry men surrounded a New Orleans jail, shouting angry slurs and calling for blood. By the time they were done, 11 men would be dead—shot and mutilated in an act of brutal mob violence that took place in front of a cheering crowd. It was 1891, and the crowd was about to participate in the largest lynching in U.S. history.

https://www.history.com/news/the-grisly-story-of-americas-largest-lynching

It's so easy to trigger an Italian

dHjPgUK_d.jpg

The last lynching by the so-called klan happened in 1981 --- not 1881 -- 1981...my life time....his name is Michael Donald...….maybe you would like to forget him, but I won't...
View attachment 285836

If this were happening to Italian americans all the way up to this time -- then maybe itailan americans would be a bit more sensitive to the term lynchings -- but since itailians were granted the label of being called white -- they didn't have to deal with that anymore -- just like how the Irish were granted with the label of being white and any other once maligned European immigrant group were ultimately granted the label of being white -- blacks didn't get that label of acceptance, so they continued to get lynched.....

Nobody (reasonably) suggested that the Klan was the only entity to commit lynchings. Mostly they were done spontaneously by some mob through mob mentality. James Byrd was lynched in 1998 -- no Klan and no rope.

View attachment 285836

Nobody (reasonably) suggested that the Klan was the only entity to commit lynchings. Mostly they were done spontaneously by some mob through mob mentality. James Byrd was lynched in 1998 -- no Klan and no rope.
There are plenty of lynching's today. It is just done differently. And African Americans are part of the aggressors in that way.

Forum List

Back