Why are the police so aggressive in getting someone's ID and why are so many people...

`
`

Every time I get pulled over for speeding, LEO's ask me for a Drivers License.
That is a fair request since it is required to have a Drivers License to be behind the wheel, What gets me is the LEO's next question "where are you going?" or "Where are you coming from?" Has nothing to do with why they pulled you over but they still ask, maybe they are just trying to make small talk but I think not.

`
`

That is a fair request since it is required to have a Drivers License to be behind the wheel, What gets me is the LEO's next question "where are you going?" or "Where are you coming from?" Has nothing to do with why they pulled you over but they still ask, maybe they are just trying to make small talk but I think not.
They purposefully engage you in conversation to see how you respond, hear how you sound and see how you're acting, making sense, etc. They don't know you from Adam, so they want to find out what's up? Slurred speech and confusion might be booze, or might be some mental/physical problem with an individual.

`
`

Depends on the situation.
If you're driving around in a high crime and drug area at two a.m. I think it's a legit question.

`
`

Yeah I never answer those questions.

Another trick cops like to use is to ask, "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Always answer respectfully, "No, Officer I have no idea why you pulled me over because you haven't told me yet."

Forum List

Back