Why are Tea Partiers opposed to having a safety net?

For some fools on here? it is difficult because they've been taught that Government is be all to end all, and they will have nothing without government robbing from others and giving it to them.

That is their mentality.

Yep !
The kids who are graduating from colleges think they should get a top job right away, that pays top dollar Instead of working your way up to that position. That is why they won't accept jobs because it's beneath them.
It's also their parents that raised them this way.
We got two generations who think the Government is the answer to everything.
This is what has lead to these attitudes.
This is the very reason that we should never have a Government that takes care of us all from cradle to grave.

Womb to the tomb...indeed...

Heard that Commencement Speech from a Highschool Teacher? [David McCollugh Jr.]?

Hit it right on the head...he exposes the LIE that Liberalism/Statism has taught these generations...

Is it any wonder we see the likes of OWS these days?

These kids have been LIED TO all thier lives only for them to find out that REAL LIFE keeps score...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhAEFhbgss"]YOU Are NOT Special .. Best 2012 Graduation Commencement Speech ! - YouTube[/ame]

You're Not Special: Great Commencement Speech by David McCullough Jr.
An outstanding commencement speech.

Yep !
The kids who are graduating from colleges think they should get a top job right away, that pays top dollar Instead of working your way up to that position. That is why they won't accept jobs because it's beneath them.
It's also their parents that raised them this way.
We got two generations who think the Government is the answer to everything.
This is what has lead to these attitudes.
This is the very reason that we should never have a Government that takes care of us all from cradle to grave.

Heard that Commencement Speech from a Highschool Teacher? [David McCollugh Jr.]?

Hit it right on the head...he exposes the LIE that Liberalism/Statism has taught these generations...

These kids have been LIED TO all thier lives only for them to find out that REAL LIFE keeps score...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhAEFhbgss"]YOU Are NOT Special .. Best 2012 Graduation Commencement Speech ! - YouTube[/ame]

The man told them the truth.

YOU Are NOT Special .. Best 2012 Graduation Commencement Speech ! - YouTube

The man told them the truth.
That did them more good than the entire 4 years of high school.

I think that's a very stereotypical view of college kids today. I'm sure it applies in some respects but the recent grads I know (mostly engineering and programming types) are incredibly sharp and hard working.

Why won't anyone on here give me a little hint of their background? Their profession? Debt level? Prospects for the future?
Err...uhmm...it's a fucking message board and NONE of your business?

It's not like I'm asking for a W-2 form or background for an NSA clearance. Something general... In your case it could be something like I'm a mover and shaker in the sanitation engineering profession.

What part of 'None of your business' eluded you?

In other words, why do you think you'll never need to be supported through rough times? Our economy is rapidly changing - moving towards a knowledge based system. Outsourcing to third world countries is killing our manufacturing base and thanks to trade agreements, no one profits from that except the multinational corporations. Illegal immigrants fill the niche for unskilled labor. Few people have enough land or have sufficient water rights to produce their own food. And most middle class Americans are drowning in a sea of mortgage and credit card debt.

The "safety net" is a euphemism for organized plunder. The economy has been changing rapidly for 200 years. Rapid change is the hallmark of capitalism. Ossifying the economy doesn't help us compete in the global market. It does precisely the opposite.

Organized plunder is when lobbyists enter congressional offices with lists of proposals requested by the companies or trade groups they represent. Know what I mean? Things like preferential tax breaks and favorable legislation come to mind. Of course, they also bring campaign contribution 'commitments' with them from their bosses, assuming Congress can come through for them, of course.[/QUOTE

at least you can see one side of the welfare issue....

It's not like I'm asking for a W-2 form or background for an NSA clearance. Something general... In your case it could be something like I'm a mover and shaker in the sanitation engineering profession.

Why do you care? What difference does it make when discussing policy that provides the platform for success? However, it means that much to you, I'm a security expert. No, I'm not going to elaborate any more than that (and no, I'm not a security guard).

It's been my experience that many of the people who whine the most about taxation, waste, or supporting others in anything other than a charitable mode pay little or no taxes themselves. I live in Utah, once the reddest of the red states. People tend to have LOTS of kids here and do everything they can to shift the burden to us gentiles. I think that this creates a mindset where they FEEL independent and self sufficient but are in reality, completely beholden to the gentiles for the infrastructure we have. You know, things like education, roads, water, sewage, etc. I'm just trying to get a feel for the audience here.

In other words, why do you think you'll never need to be supported through rough times? Our economy is rapidly changing - moving towards a knowledge based system. Outsourcing to third world countries is killing our manufacturing base and thanks to trade agreements, no one profits from that except the multinational corporations. Illegal immigrants fill the niche for unskilled labor. Few people have enough land or have sufficient water rights to produce their own food. And most middle class Americans are drowning in a sea of mortgage and credit card debt.

There is a difference between helping people get back on their feet and supporting them indefinitely the Tea Party supports the first not the second.

It was an engineered deficit. They cut taxes on the wealthy in order to create an 'emergency' that had to be dealt with in a draconian way.

There is nothing draconian about cutting spending and waste.

Nor is there anything noble about forcing people to work more for the government and less for themselves.

I think that's a very stereotypical view of college kids today. I'm sure it applies in some respects but the recent grads I know (mostly engineering and programming types) are incredibly sharp and hard working.

Why won't anyone on here give me a little hint of their background? Their profession? Debt level? Prospects for the future?

Interesting how you claim to be for the less fortunate, and then at the same time try to insult people according to professions you deem, beneath you.

Why do liberals have no idea what Tea Partiers are for?

Because they lie. Lie to themselves, to each other, etc.

Because they lie. Lie to themselves, to each other, etc.

Truer words were never spoken...

Interesting how you claim to be for the less fortunate, and then at the same time try to insult people according to professions you deem, beneath you.

Every now and then progressive statists are accidentally honest and show their true colors.

"I love the little guy!!! I mock low paying jobs!!!"

Every now and then progressive statists are accidentally honest and show their true colors.

"I love the little guy!!! I mock low paying jobs!!!"

I don't mock low paying jobs. I mock the people who have them. :D

But seriously, I just can't understand how the most replaceable people can champion the corporate and financial elite when it's clear that they care nothing about them.

There is only one possible answer to that question.

They're all one percenters, their parents and children are all one percenters and none of them have to fear that their investments in the stock market could be lost, as we saw with the 08 Bush crash.

If they were just regular folks, like you and me, it would be downright stupid for them to put their money in the hands of the same people who were running Wall Street in 08.

To those who disagree, how much money did you lose of your investments in the Bush crash?
Compare that amount to how much you lost from your Social Security account.

You don't need to tell us because all of us already know you did not lose one cent from your Social Security account.

There is only one possible answer to that question.

They're all one percenters, their parents and children are all one percenters and none of them have to fear that their investments in the stock market could be lost, as we saw with the 08 Bush crash.

If they were just regular folks, like you and me, it would be downright stupid for them to put their money in the hands of the same people who were running Wall Street in 08.

To those who disagree, how much money did you lose of your investments in the Bush crash?
Compare that amount to how much you lost from your Social Security account.

You don't need to tell us because all of us already know you did not lose one cent from your Social Security account.

We lost plenty of our SSI from the congress, who have been robbing from it for the last 33 years.

Social Security was actually declared unconstitutional (rightfully so, as it is) by the first circuit court of appeals back in 1937. In two related cases, Davis v. Boston Mane R. Co. (89 F.2d 386) and Davis v. Edison Electric Illuminating Co. of Boston et al. (89 F2d 393), the court ruled the social security Act unconstitutional. According to the court, the act, which contained numerous titles establishing benefits for the aged, unemployed and dependent children, and imposed two new taxes, an excise tax on employers and a special income tax on employees, was unconstitutional on a variety of grounds.

On ein particular was that the social security act violated the "general welfare" clause of the Constitution, in that SS taxes were paid by some for the SPECIFIC benefits of others. Ini doing so, the act did not promote the general welfare of all, but the specific welfare of some.

To counter this claim, the govt. argued that the tax and benefit provisions of the SSA were in no way related. The taxes were "true" taxes, paid unrestricted into the US treasury (which they are, the pay in, in no way guarantees benefits later. Congress can simply change their mind and continue to collect the tax). for the general support of govt. They claimed that SS taxes were enacted for the sole purpose of raising revenue and were not earmarked for any particular purpose.

Actually, if you look carefully atthe formula used to calculate SS benefits, you'll see that benefits are determined not by amount paid in taxes - as insurance plans would - but by how much you earn in wages. So in truth, SS was two separate programs - one definedbenefit pension and the other a payroll tax (excise tax on employers, inncome tax on employees)- that coincidentally just happen to be passed at the same time under the same name.

The exact opposite of what the public was fed to buy into the program. the first circuit court saw right through the ploy. It correctly observed, "Congress has not an unlimited power of taxation; but is limited tospecific objects - the payment of the public debt (not its creation), and the providing of the common defense and general welfare. A tax, therefore, laid by congress for neither of these objectives, would be unconstitutional, as an excess of its legitimate authority,"

The court went on to state:

" A tax, in the general understanding of the term, and as used in the constitution, signifies an exaction for the support of govt. The word has never been thought to connote the expropriation of money from one group for the benefit of another, The exaction cannot be wrested out of its setting, denominated an excise for raisingrevenue and legalized by ignoring its purpose as a mere instrumentfor bringing about a desired end. To do this would be to shut our eyes to what all others than we can see and understand.

In further observation the court:

"If the act is carried out as planned by congress...it amounts, in effect, to taking the property of every employer for the benefit of a certain class of employees. The entire plan, viewed as a whole, is an attempt to do indirectly what congress can not to directly, and to assume national control over a subject clearly within jurisdictionof the states."

The supreme court reversed this decision. Of the myriad of grounds established by the first circuit court, only two were brought to the supreme court. Which they ignored and declared SSA constitutional. One was the act sought to raise revenue. Repeating that the SSA was actually two separate acts passed under the same name at the same time.

And hence why Roosevelt, in a HORRIBLE move, went and attempted to change the supreme court to get what he wanted anyway...

Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I often wonder why no one has challenged this since 37.

The SC had it right the first time and let themselves be threatened by FDR.

Wonder how the current SC would rule on SSif it ever came before em??

Forum List

Back