Why are Tea Partiers opposed to having a safety net?

So what's your situation? I have a good education and a lot of work experience. I'm way more immune to downturns than most but I still have to wonder what I'd do to stay afloat if things turned sour.
I know what you should do. If you have the willingness to do it is beyond the scope of this forum and only you can answer that.

Your assertion that the great depression is somehow an indicator that a safety net is needed is quite a stretch. Hope you didn't pull anything.

I'm really trying to understand the Tea Party mentality. From what I understand now, you guys don't seem to have a very realistic idea of the complexities of living in a technologically advanced society with high population density and the myriad things that can cause collapse. Please help me understand how you can think the things that you do.

holy cow....wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:eusa_whistle:

I'm really trying to understand the Tea Party mentality. From what I understand now, you guys don't seem to have a very realistic idea of the complexities of living in a technologically advanced society with high population density and the myriad things that can cause collapse. Please help me understand how you can think the things that you do.

So you seem to think that living within our means will bring about collapse? And yet spending trillions of dollars we don't have will somehow prevent that collapse?

And you cant figure out our mentality?

In other words, why do you think you'll never need to be supported through rough times? Our economy is rapidly changing - moving towards a knowledge based system. Outsourcing to third world countries is killing our manufacturing base and thanks to trade agreements, no one profits from that except the multinational corporations. Illegal immigrants fill the niche for unskilled labor. Few people have enough land or have sufficient water rights to produce their own food. And most middle class Americans are drowning in a sea of mortgage and credit card debt.

Why do you think that people who make bad decisions about their career choices, their debt, and their lack of common sense, should be propped up and receive handouts from people who made the right career choices, and are responsible and mature citizens?

Why do you think that people who have pride and a good work ethic, and a good grasp of the concepts of "cause and effect" and "accepting responsibility and consequences for their actions" should be PENALIZED by being FORCED to pay for the actions for those who DON'T?

This country survived for over 150 years without "welfare" and "workfare" and "social engineering" and "the Robin Hood syndrome".

Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat forever.

I have to ask.

Is it really so hard to do without a few things over a period of time when times are good, to build your own personal safety net?

Is it really so hard to be responsible for yourself?

I think ya better take a trip down to your local Social Services office.

Loads of ladies with illigitimate kids all over the place. Hell. We just had one in court who has already had 13 kid. She has em, immediately get pregnant again and signs all the kids over to the State ot raise.

She is permenantly on Welfare and her kids are being raised in Foster care at the expense of the taxpayers.

She's just one of many no doubt all across this country. She has never worked a day in her life and probably won't.

Talk about being a candidate for spaying.

I have a slut step granddaughter like that. She has four kids, no idea who the father is for any of her kids. She is high on pot most of the time. Her three year old was wandering around a parking lot, alone, and got hit by a car. The slut refused medical care so that her daughter's leg would not heal normally. See, a disabled kid gets more money than a non disabled kid. The family figured out what monthly income the slut had off public benefits. She was bringing in $5,000 a month in real income. Rent, utilities, cell phone, EBT, extra benefits through WIC, transportation pass, all in addition to the welfare check and now SSI for the disabled child, AND, she and a friend have a legal scheme going. The slut gets paid for providing child care services to her friend's children. The friend gets paid for providing child care services to the slut's kids.

No one would object to a safety net, it's who needs the safety net. If a safety net is necessary for widows and orphans, it's abused by the sluts. A strapping bruiser who looks like an NFL draft pick is not the same as someone who lost both legs and is in a wheelchair.

Ever heard of the great depression? Many people lost everything they've ever worked for. The ones who didn't nearly starved. Where was all the voluntary charity back then?

They were everywhere...Americans hel[ped each other UNTIL the Government saw fit to begin the process of the fucking NANNYSTATE.

Don't you read history junior?

Not only do I read history, I had personal accounts from my parents who lived through it. The reason the New Deal came about was because the suffering was so great.

Everyone helped, friends, neighbors, strangers and especially charities. Everyone got at least one meal a day.

The New Deal was about FDR getting elected. And what kept getting him elected, 4 times.
To heck with the constitution, give goodies and you get reelected. Dem's have been doing it ever since.
"I pledge you, I pledge myself, to a new deal for the American people," Roosevelt told the convention during his acceptance speech. Once in office, Roosevelt pushed a litter of new programs into existence, each marked by an acronym synonymous with New Deal legislation:

Roosevelt stopped pushing New Deal legislation by 1938, after the courts ruled some programs unconstitutional. The effect of the programs was mixed, with most economists agreeing that what really got the country moving was the military buildup of World War II.
The Government programs, was also why we stayed in the depression for so long.

SSI was a good thing for our Seniors,but just 30 short years later, Johnson opened it up, in order to pay for the Viet Nam War and they have been robbing from it ever since.
We have to get SSI out of the congresses hands, if we ever want it for future generations.

I have to ask.

Is it really so hard to do without a few things over a period of time when times are good, to build your own personal safety net?

For some fools on here? it is difficult because they've been taught that Government is be all to end all, and they will have nothing without government robbing from others and giving it to them.

That is thier mentality.

So what's your situation? I have a good education and a lot of work experience. I'm way more immune to downturns than most but I still have to wonder what I'd do to stay afloat if things turned sour.
I know what you should do. If you have the willingness to do it is beyond the scope of this forum and only you can answer that.

Your assertion that the great depression is somehow an indicator that a safety net is needed is quite a stretch. Hope you didn't pull anything.

Isn't the success of Wisconsin an indictment on your very statement here? The state had a $4 billion deficit under the insane liberal policies that are causing Europe and the US to collapse. In a very liberal state, he was elected because the people were tired of failure. Implementing Tea Party conservative principles, in only 2 years he has erased the $4 billion deficit and created a surplus, while growing the private sector jobs so well, that the state reached their unemployment levels from the pre-recession era of 5 years ago. They have gone from the collapse you talk about to flourishing.

It would seem the only thing causing collapse is Democrat policies. The bottom line is, liberals don't comprehend that you cannot regulate away poverty, because it stems from laziness, incompetence, and self-destructive behavior (like doing drugs are fathering 18 children).

Isn't the success of Wisconsin an indictment on your very statement here? The state had a $4 billion deficit under the insane liberal policies that are causing Europe and the US to collapse. In a very liberal state, he was elected because the people were tired of failure. Implementing Tea Party conservative principles, in only 2 years he has erased the $4 billion deficit and created a surplus, while growing the private sector jobs so well, that the state reached their unemployment levels from the pre-recession era of 5 years ago. They have gone from the collapse you talk about to flourishing.

It would seem the only thing causing collapse is Democrat policies. The bottom line is, liberals don't comprehend that you cannot regulate away poverty, because it stems from laziness, incompetence, and self-destructive behavior (like doing drugs are fathering 18 children).

And being portrayed as a VICTIM rather than being held responsible.

I have to ask.

For some fools on here? it is difficult because they've been taught that Government is be all to end all, and they will have nothing without government robbing from others and giving it to them.

That is their mentality.

Yep !
The kids who are graduating from colleges think they should get a top job right away, that pays top dollar Instead of working your way up to that position. That is why they won't accept jobs because it's beneath them.
It's also their parents that raised them this way.
We got two generations who think the Government is the answer to everything.
This is what has lead to these attitudes.
This is the very reason that we should never have a Government that takes care of us all from cradle to grave.

I have to ask.

It's not that it's too hard or too difficult.

Why should they? When it's so much easier to ask their favorite Uncle for money?

I have to ask.

That is their mentality.

Yep !
The kids who are graduating from colleges think they should get a top job right away, that pays top dollar Instead of working your way up to that position. That is why they won't accept jobs because it's beneath them.
It's also their parents that raised them this way.
We got two generations who think the Government is the answer to everything.
This is what has lead to these attitudes.
This is the very reason that we should never have a Government that takes care of us all from cradle to grave.

Womb to the tomb...indeed...

Heard that Commencement Speech from a Highschool Teacher? [David McCollugh Jr.]?

Hit it right on the head...he exposes the LIE that Liberalism/Statism has taught these generations...

Is it any wonder we see the likes of OWS these days?

These kids have been LIED TO all thier lives only for them to find out that REAL LIFE keeps score...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhAEFhbgss"]YOU Are NOT Special .. Best 2012 Graduation Commencement Speech ! - YouTube[/ame]

You're Not Special: Great Commencement Speech by David McCullough Jr.

It was an engineered deficit. They cut taxes on the wealthy in order to create an 'emergency' that had to be dealt with in a draconian way.

I have to ask.

Why should they? When it's so much easier to ask their favorite Uncle for money?

I think that's a very stereotypical view of college kids today. I'm sure it applies in some respects but the recent grads I know (mostly engineering and programming types) are incredibly sharp and hard working.

Why won't anyone on here give me a little hint of their background? Their profession? Debt level? Prospects for the future?

I have to ask.

I think that's a very stereotypical view of college kids today. I'm sure it applies in some respects but the recent grads I know (mostly engineering and programming types) are incredibly sharp and hard working.

Why won't anyone on here give me a little hint of their background? Their profession? Debt level? Prospects for the future?
Err...uhmm...it's a fucking message board and NONE of your business?

I have to ask.

You get to find the right buttons to push on your own,
:razz:

It's not like I'm asking for a W-2 form or background for an NSA clearance. Something general... In your case it could be something like I'm a mover and shaker in the sanitation engineering profession.

It's not like I'm asking for a W-2 form or background for an NSA clearance. Something general... In your case it could be something like I'm a mover and shaker in the sanitation engineering profession.

Why do you care? What difference does it make when discussing policy that provides the platform for success? However, it means that much to you, I'm a security expert. No, I'm not going to elaborate any more than that (and no, I'm not a security guard).

Forum List

Back