Why are Obama supporters trying to give the win to McCain?

Funny. I feel the same way about Obama but I'll still vote for him. IMO, the Obama supporters have acted exactly like Bushbots. It's kind of funny in a way. I guess the extremes of both parties are pretty much alike.

Why do you dislike Obama, because of what the Hillary camp has said about him? or because of... what?? Obama hasnt really said anything bad about Hillary, he tries to keep it positive, he even congratulates her if she wins. I dont dislike Hillary because of what others have said, I dislike her because of what SHE HAS SAID AND/OR DONE.

But your right, I guess both sides can find any reason not to like the other, valid or invalid. But I really can not see myself supporting her, I wont vote for McCain, I just won't vote at all.

Nobody has to say anything about Obama. He says the stupidest stuff all on his own.

He doesn't need Hillary to destroy any chance he has of winning. He destroys it every time he opens his mouth.

I started this primary off liking Hillary but supporting Obama. As the primary continued and the tone got negative my feelings changed about Hillary. She didn’t talk much about the issues or policies, she even agreed that both of their polices were pretty much the same give or take a few details, but she began attacking Obama; trying to scare people into voting for her, diminishing his political experience while putting herself on a pedal stool. So that turned me off. Next, she questioned everything about Obama and took everything he said out of context, however she was never questioned about some of her remarks or associations (how she switches her stance depending on the crowd; her lies; people in her campaign; her racial comments), mainly because Obama is trying to avoid going negative. So that as well turned me off. Plus, her feminist argument IMO is somewhat prejudiced. Feminist are all about women rights forgetting about the racial issues that a lot Americans, male or female, face every day. So I do not want a president who only fights for women I want someone who is going to fight for EVERYONE! (Side note: NARL supported Obama :) ) In addition, she is currently losing the primary and in no way can win; instead of her backing down, not dropping out just not being vocal about her presence, she is continuing to tear a part Americans.

Basically, her attitude and selfishness is not becoming of an American President and I will not support her if she has anything to do with the general election.

And as a woman, and someone most certainly older than you, i saw it differently! I started out liking Obama and Edwards and Clinton last, then lead towards Clinton because she was stronger on the issues than Obama...did better in debates, after Edwards dropped out....I also liked Biden in the very beginning.

If you go to Obama's site and read about the issues, especially the Economy...Hillary is stronger than Obama on measures taken imo than Obama so I started to lean a little more towards her, but never a full fledged supporter because I really did not know much about her.

So that's when the research began for me , but she started to fall out of luck, and imho, the Obama side started acting like the Bush supporting republicans did which is "do anything, anything at all" to make their candidate win, and this is when your side accused Hillary's camp on starting the race card by releasing pictures of Obama in the African garb and by outing the reverend Wright stuff and the Farakhan garbage, when it was Drudge and the repubs who did it,

(but passed the rumor that it was Hillary imo) and the STUPID:razz: , inexperienced with how the Repub opponent plays the game, young, Obama supporters "bought in to it" hook, line, and sinker.... and then started whining about every little word that came out of Bill and Hillary's mouth, CLAIMING that they were "racists"....sheesh, what a bunch of babies I thought at the time...and also could see and feel the movement of the Obamaites using Bush tactics to win this election....

i heard just recently that 20% of past election republicans had "moved" in to the Obama camp overall in Oregan I believe....probably about the same everywhere because alot of Libertarians that did vote republican were probably now supporting Obama....so maybe SOME of them brought their astute, republican "political tactics", with them....who knows? ;)

Which of course was ALL not true, but promoted by the repubs and picked up on and continually repeated by the media only in a "questioning" manner or through polling to make this primary about "race" instead of the candidate's TRUE STRENGTH, which Hillary was showing BIGTIME imo...while the Obama camp to me just seemed downright silly and annoying to no end and quite frankly left me totally supprised to see their visciousness towards the Clintons, like they were REPUBLICANS for goodness sakes, turning on their own.... that's when i liked Hillary EVEN more, BECAUSE you and your "media in the POCKET" kept telling Hillary to quit, when OBAMA had not even WON YET????

BOY oh boy, that really told me that Obama supporters appeared to not give a damn about the "people's" vote in the Democratic Party, that they were cheaters, calling for an end before the election was won....that's pretty low for people that supposedly are Democratic? Democratic my ass!!!

you all, just seem to want to WIN, regardless of who you individually hurt, or what you end up hurting, such as us collectively, when the best person, to be our President, is not in the position to be in such, because of Democrats, themselves and their will to win, no matter the cost....

That is pretty "saddening" to me...I have alot of friends who are Obama supporters...some post on this site, but mostly on another site, and it has absolutely amazed me to see how mean some are towards the Clintons, especially my Black friends and how they bought in to racism 100%....this is quite concerning to me....

Then your side started screaming that the Super delegates BETTER go with their delegates in their State or the votes of the people, but then YOU HAVE KENNEDY AND KERRY who are super delegates from massachusetts and their state voted near 70% for Hillary, so why can it be okay with this happening and the super delegates in the end, going with Hillary?

Both candidates would need the super delegates to win...this was ALWAYS PART OF THE RULES.....and you know what? they can go with who they want, like kerry and kennedy did, NOT GOING with their state...

And you know what else IS IN THE RULES, those Super delegates that had pledged to Hillary BUT THEN CHANGED to Obama, they can CHANGE AGAIN before this is all over, and GO with Hillary... What is good for the goose, is good for the gander!!!

Also, the media has been sexist imo. Telling hillary to quit, when Obama HAD NOT GATHERED enough delegates to win, and ALL the citizens from ALL the states had not had a chance to get their voices heard, by voting.

If it were Hillary winning and Obama slightly trailing, the media WOULD HAVE NEVER hounded him for the last month to quit, drop out, hand it over, to Hillary....NO WAY JOSE'!!!!!!! IF IT WERE two men going at it this close, NO ONE in the media would be telling the MAN to quit that was slightly trailing, and without any candidate having enough votes to win the delegate count to be the nominee!!! NEVER!

THAT's when I really started supporting Hillary! That's when the going got tough, and the tough got going....she has had great strength that I have admired.

Also, not for one nanosecond, do I believe that Hillary would sabatoge an Obama candidacy to be able to run again in 2012 and those that think that probably would sink that low themselves in such a position or why else think that Hillary would, certainly not because she is staying in a race that she has NOT lost yet, nor the winner won?

I beleive she, unlike alot of you, understands what is needed to be elected president and to be president, moreso than her opponent and this is why i support her...not because i am racist, but because she has the tenacity to hang on and fight, for what she believes is right for the country....and Hillary thinks she still has a slim chance of winning....I do too, though it be very thin!

As the saying goes, it ain't over till the "fat Lady Sings" and she ain't sung yet, not just yet!

If she does not win she will probably not run for President later on but take the position of Leader of the Senate over from Harry Reid or she will leave the Senate and become the Governor of New York.

Care

And as a woman, and someone most certainly older than you, i saw it differently! I started out liking Obama and Edwards and Clinton last, then lead towards Clinton because she was stronger on the issues than Obama...did better in debates, after Edwards dropped out....I also liked Biden in the very beginning.

If you go to Obama's site and read about the issues, especially the Economy...Hillary is stronger than Obama on measures taken imo than Obama so I started to lean a little more towards her, but never a full fledged supporter because I really did not know much about her.

So that's when the research began for me , but she started to fall out of luck, and imho, the Obama side started acting like the Bush supporting republicans did which is "do anything, anything at all" to make their candidate win, and this is when your side accused Hillary's camp on starting the race card by releasing pictures of Obama in the African garb and by outing the reverend Wright stuff and the Farakhan garbage, when it was Drudge and the repubs who did it,

(but passed the rumor that it was Hillary imo) and the STUPID:razz: , inexperienced with how the Repub opponent plays the game, young, Obama supporters "bought in to it" hook, line, and sinker.... and then started whining about every little word that came out of Bill and Hillary's mouth, CLAIMING that they were "racists"....sheesh, what a bunch of babies I thought at the time...and also could see and feel the movement of the Obamaites using Bush tactics to win this election....

i heard just recently that 20% of past election republicans had "moved" in to the Obama camp overall in Oregan I believe....probably about the same everywhere because alot of Libertarians that did vote republican were probably now supporting Obama....so maybe SOME of them brought their astute, republican "political tactics", with them....who knows? ;)

Which of course was ALL not true, but promoted by the repubs and picked up on and continually repeated by the media only in a "questioning" manner or through polling to make this primary about "race" instead of the candidate's TRUE STRENGTH, which Hillary was showing BIGTIME imo...while the Obama camp to me just seemed downright silly and annoying to no end and quite frankly left me totally supprised to see their visciousness towards the Clintons, like they were REPUBLICANS for goodness sakes, turning on their own.... that's when i liked Hillary EVEN more, BECAUSE you and your "media in the POCKET" kept telling Hillary to quit, when OBAMA had not even WON YET????

BOY oh boy, that really told me that Obama supporters appeared to not give a damn about the "people's" vote in the Democratic Party, that they were cheaters, calling for an end before the election was won....that's pretty low for people that supposedly are Democratic? Democratic my ass!!!

you all, just seem to want to WIN, regardless of who you individually hurt, or what you end up hurting, such as us collectively, when the best person, to be our President, is not in the position to be in such, because of Democrats, themselves and their will to win, no matter the cost....

That is pretty "saddening" to me...I have alot of friends who are Obama supporters...some post on this site, but mostly on another site, and it has absolutely amazed me to see how mean some are towards the Clintons, especially my Black friends and how they bought in to racism 100%....this is quite concerning to me....

Then your side started screaming that the Super delegates BETTER go with their delegates in their State or the votes of the people, but then YOU HAVE KENNEDY AND KERRY who are super delegates from massachusetts and their state voted near 70% for Hillary, so why can it be okay with this happening and the super delegates in the end, going with Hillary?

Both candidates would need the super delegates to win...this was ALWAYS PART OF THE RULES.....and you know what? they can go with who they want, like kerry and kennedy did, NOT GOING with their state...

And you know what else IS IN THE RULES, those Super delegates that had pledged to Hillary BUT THEN CHANGED to Obama, they can CHANGE AGAIN before this is all over, and GO with Hillary... What is good for the goose, is good for the gander!!!

Also, the media has been sexist imo. Telling hillary to quit, when Obama HAD NOT GATHERED enough delegates to win, and ALL the citizens from ALL the states had not had a chance to get their voices heard, by voting.

If it were Hillary winning and Obama slightly trailing, the media WOULD HAVE NEVER hounded him for the last month to quit, drop out, hand it over, to Hillary....NO WAY JOSE'!!!!!!! IF IT WERE two men going at it this close, NO ONE in the media would be telling the MAN to quit that was slightly trailing, and without any candidate having enough votes to win the delegate count to be the nominee!!! NEVER!

THAT's when I really started supporting Hillary! That's when the going got tough, and the tough got going....she has had great strength that I have admired.

Also, not for one nanosecond, do I believe that Hillary would sabatoge an Obama candidacy to be able to run again in 2012 and those that think that probably would sink that low themselves in such a position or why else think that Hillary would, certainly not because she is staying in a race that she has NOT lost yet, nor the winner won?

I beleive she, unlike alot of you, understands what is needed to be elected president and to be president, moreso than her opponent and this is why i support her...not because i am racist, but because she has the tenacity to hang on and fight, for what she believes is right for the country....and Hillary thinks she still has a slim chance of winning....I do too, though it be very thin!

As the saying goes, it ain't over till the "fat Lady Sings" and she ain't sung yet, not just yet!

If she does not win she will probably not run for President later on but take the position of Leader of the Senate over from Harry Reid or she will leave the Senate and become the Governor of New York.

Care
Care, regardless of your logic, bottom line you are certainly the racist all of us are, perhaps worse, as a Democrat in the main, you should know better. Me and my ilk, well, f us, we're tards.

As soon as McCain's age was raised, his response was "if you want to talk about that, we can talk about Rev. Wright". I suspect he won't be so nice once it's him and one opponent whom he has to fight himself.

As for guns, the individual opinion of a candidate is going to be moot once the supreme court rules, so it's a non-issue.

Oh I forgot about the supreme court. But is the supreme court ruling on the "just" the right to bear arms? Is it including the constitutionality of the government to regulate them? What I mean by this, is the Bill's regulations/banning of firearms.

Court agrees to rule on gun case
Tuesday, November 20th, 2007 1:02 pm | Lyle Denniston | Print This Post
FINAL UPDATE 3:20 p.m.

After a hiatus of 68 years, the Supreme Court on Tuesday agreed to rule on the meaning of the Second Amendment — the hotly contested part of the Constitution that guarantees “a right to keep and bear arms.” Not since 1939 has the Court heard a case directly testing the Amendment’s scope — and there is a debate about whether it actually decided anything in that earlier ruling. In a sense, the Court may well be writing on a clean slate if, in the end, it decides the ultimate question: does the Second Amendment guarantee an individual right to have a gun for private use, or does it only guarantee a collective right to have guns in an organized military force such as a state National Guard unit?

The city of Washington’s appeal (District of Columbia v. Heller, 07-290) seeking to revive its flat ban on private possession of handguns is expected to be heard in March — slightly more than a year after the D.C. Circuit Court ruled that the Second Amendment right is a personal one, at least to have a gun for self-defense in one’s own home. (The Court took no action on Tuesday on a conditional cross-petition, Parker, et al., v. District of Columbia, 07-335, an appeal by five District residents seeking to join in the case. The absence of any action may mean that the Court has decided not to hear that case. If that is so, it will be indicated in an order next Monday. The Court also may simply be holding the case until it decides the Heller case.)

The Justices chose to write out for themselves the constitutional question they will undertake to answer in Heller. Both sides had urged the Court to hear the city’s case, but they had disagreed over how to frame the Second Amendment issue.

Here is the way the Court phrased the granted issue:

“Whether the following provisions — D.C. Code secs. 7-2502.02(a)(4), 22-4504(a), and 7-2507.02 — violate the Second Amendment rights of individuals who are not affiliated with any state-regulated militia, but who wish to keep handguns and other firearms for private use in their homes?”

The first listed section bars registration of pistols if not registered before Sept. 24, 1976; the second bars carrying an unlicensed pistol, and the third requires that any gun kept at home must be unloaded and disassembled or bound by a lock, such as one that prevents the trigger from operating.

The Court did not mention any other issues that it might address as questions of its jurisdiction to reach the ultimate question: did the one individual who was found to have a right to sue — Dick Anthony Heller, a D.C. resident — have a right to challenge all three of the sections of the local law cited in the Court’s order, and, is the District of Columbia, as a federal enclave, even covered by the Second Amendment. While neither of those issues is posed in the grant order, the Court may have to be satisfied that the answer to both is affirmative before it would move on to the substantive question about the scope of any right protected by the Amendment.

The D.C. Circuit ruled that the Amendment does apply to the District because of its federal status, subject to all provisions of the Constitution. At this point, therefore, it appears that the Court’s review may not reach a major question — does the Second Amendment also protect individual rights against state and local government gun control laws? But a ruling by the Court recognizing an individual right to have a gun almost surely would lead to new test cases on whether to extend the Amendment’s guarantee so that it applied to state and local laws, too. The Court last confronted that issue in Presser v. illinois, in 1886, finding that the Amendment was not binding on the states.

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/court-agrees-to-rule-on-gun-case/

Why do you dislike Obama, because of what the Hillary camp has said about him? or because of... what?? Obama hasnt really said anything bad about Hillary, he tries to keep it positive, he even congratulates her if she wins. I dont dislike Hillary because of what others have said, I dislike her because of what SHE HAS SAID AND/OR DONE.

But your right, I guess both sides can find any reason not to like the other, valid or invalid. But I really can not see myself supporting her, I wont vote for McCain, I just won't vote at all.

Obama's attack on Hillary for her vote to give the President the decision making power on whether or not to go in to war against Iraq was what Obama's whole beginning campaign strategy....

While he touted that he vocally was against it...

This was UNFAIRLY touted by him BECAUSE he was not in the Senate of the United states at the time and he was not in the same position as Hillary and the others that were in the Senate...who knows WHAT Obama would have done? NOT ME, and NOT HIM either...but he bashed and bashed Hillary on it, and gain votes...

BUT NOW, he is supporting Edwards and taking Edwards delegates and guess what? Edwards also voted to give the President the decision making power with voting YES on the Iraqi resolution...and edwards might even be his vp pick...

can you say hypocrite?

Then Obama flips her the finger in one of his talks in the crowd...when i saw that middle finger fake scratch of his face on the news, that made me really think twice about him and what i thought i saw, not only in the finger gesture, but his "expression" when he did it? could it be, he really was flipping her off, right as he was speaking against her to the crowd? hmmmm?

then i heard him talking about nothing, but hope....and then blasting Hillary for her exoerience over and over and over again, calling her old news and part of "washington'n problems"...the old dog politician and continually labeled her with being an "insider" in the political ring...

While he has played politics with the BEST OF THEM ALL and would not have become the Senator of Illinois nor a state Senator if he DID NOT PLAY THE POLITICAL game HIMSELF....if he was not an INSIDER himself!

started seeing a repeated sign of a possible cronic hypocrite....

See, Obama can come out and disparriage the Clinton's all he wants and nothing is said and i agree it should not be discouraged.

This is an election contest!

But don't whine like a baby when someone goes after where your weakness is, either...

Care

Obama's attack on Hillary for her vote to give the President the decision making power on whether or not to go in to war against Iraq was what Obama's whole beginning campaign strategy....

While he touted that he vocally was against it...

This was UNFAIRLY touted by him BECAUSE he was not in the Senate of the United states at the time and he was not in the same position as Hillary and the others that were in the Senate...who knows WHAT Obama would have done? NOT ME, and NOT HIM either...but he bashed and bashed Hillary on it, and gain votes...

BUT NOW, he is supporting Edwards and taking Edwards delegates and guess what? Edwards also voted to give the President the decision making power with voting YES on the Iraqi resolution...and edwards might even be his vp pick..

can you say hypocrite?

Then Obama flips her the finger in one of his talks in the crowd...when i saw that middle finger fake scratch of his face on the news, that made me really think twice about him and what i thought i saw, not only in the finger gesture, but his "expression" when he did it? could it be, he really was flipping her off, right as he was speaking against her to the crowd? hmmmm?

then i heard him talking about nothing, but hope....and then blasting Hillary for her exoerience over and over and over again, calling her old news and part of "washington'n problems"...the old dog politician and continually labeled her with being an "insider" in the political ring...

While he has played politics with the BEST OF THEM ALL and would not have become the Senator of Illinois nor a state Senator if he DID NOT PLAY THE POLITICAL game HIMSELF....if he was not an INSIDER himself!

started seeing a repeated sign of a possible cronic hypocrite....

See, Obama can come out and disparriage the Clinton's all he wants and nothing is said and i agree it should not be discouraged.

This is an election contest!

But don't whine like a baby when someone goes after where your weakness is, either...

Care

But you will be voting for him, when Hillary is left without options, right?

But you will be voting for him, when Hillary is left without options, right?
Well, then I start the process all over again, and compare the idiot McCain and the policies he supports to Obama and his policies.... yep, probably support Obama on most the issues.

the worst case scenario for my Party, is that i can see myself not registering to vote, which i still haven't done since we moved here last year.

care

Well, then I start the process all over again, and compare the idiot McCain and the policies he supports to Obama and his policies.... yep, probably support Obama on most the issues.

the worst case scenario for my Party, is that i can see myself not registering to vote, which i still haven't done since we moved here last year.

care

right, your clarity shines through. :cool:

I don't dislike him, I just think he's an empty suit. I also don't think he can win the general election, though I'd love to be wrong about that.

Forum List

Back