Why Are Leftist Commentators Making Doom&Gloom Predictions If Taxes Get Lowered?

/—-/ Actually it was Dem icon JFK who said that when he proposed tax cuts.

Except JFK's tax rates still left the top marginal rate at 70% for the ultra-rich.

I have NO PROBLEM with the Tax Cuts; my beef is with spending. It's gotta come down...big time!!

Awesome. Let me know what you want to cut, and put some numbers next to it.

Because here's the thing. Once you exempt defense, social security and Medicare, all things that the politicians just won't cut under any circumstances, there really isn't all that much more to cut.

2017_pres_budget_total_spending_pie.png

If you take out things that are mandatory spending, including SS, Medicare, Military and Interest on the Debt you are talking about 83% of the budget.

Most of the rest are things that would be difficult to touch, such as Veteran's spending (4%). Yeah, try cutting that after the whole VA Scandal.
/----/ Easy Peasy Japan Easy: Hannity: Cut 1 Penny From Every Dollar of Federal Spending for 5 Years

No, that isn't "Easy".

What specific programs can you cut. Tell me what programs you specifically want to cut money from. Not, "Well, just spend a penny less".

Because here's the thing. Social Security and Medicare are going to increase spending beyond inflation. They have to, our country is getting demographically older as the Baby Boomers start retiring.

No, that isn't "Easy".

What specific programs can you cut. Tell me what programs you specifically want to cut money from. Not, "Well, just spend a penny less".

Because here's the thing. Social Security and Medicare are going to increase spending beyond inflation. They have to, our country is getting demographically older as the Baby Boomers start retiring.
/----/ What part of "Cut one penny from every budget for 5 years. " do you not understand? You're telling me if they get 99 cents on the dollar the whole Gubmint will shut down? You think there is no waste or fraud that can be eliminated? Seriously?

/----/ What part of "Cut one penny from every budget for 5 years. " do you not understand? You're telling me if they get 99 cents on the dollar the whole Gubmint will shut down? You think there is no waste or fraud that can be eliminated? Seriously?

Guy, you've been talking that "Waste and fraud" schtick since the 1980's.

I don't even think you believe that anymore.

Now, there are some things that you could do, specifically, to cut spending.

We could decide we are no longer the world's policeman, and cut defense spending.

We could decide to means test Social Security and stop sending checks to rich people.

But those are policies that will have to be discussed, and guess what, there's counter arguments to be made. The world is a dangerous place, I paid into that social security, I deserve my check.

So again, which PROGRAMS are you going to cut, specifically?

Except JFK's tax rates still left the top marginal rate at 70% for the ultra-rich.

I have NO PROBLEM with the Tax Cuts; my beef is with spending. It's gotta come down...big time!!

Because here's the thing. Once you exempt defense, social security and Medicare, all things that the politicians just won't cut under any circumstances, there really isn't all that much more to cut.

If you take out things that are mandatory spending, including SS, Medicare, Military and Interest on the Debt you are talking about 83% of the budget.

Most of the rest are things that would be difficult to touch, such as Veteran's spending (4%). Yeah, try cutting that after the whole VA Scandal.
/----/ "Except JFK's tax rates still left the top marginal rate at 70% for the ultra-rich. " Except that the rich had a ton of tax shelters back then and very few if any actually paid 70%. It's different today. Most of those tax shelters were eliminated by President Reagan.

Guy, you've been talking that "Waste and fraud" schtick since the 1980's.

I don't even think you believe that anymore.

Now, there are some things that you could do, specifically, to cut spending.

We could decide we are no longer the world's policeman, and cut defense spending.

We could decide to means test Social Security and stop sending checks to rich people.

But those are policies that will have to be discussed, and guess what, there's counter arguments to be made. The world is a dangerous place, I paid into that social security, I deserve my check.

So again, which PROGRAMS are you going to cut, specifically?
/----/You think the gubmint is 100% efficient? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:
McCain lists 51 ways government wastes taxpayer money
The newest findings elaborate on 51 ways the government has recently wasted taxpayers' money.

Among the most notable failed expenditures:

• $250 million in duplicative Hurricane Sandy aid
  • $262.6 million in mismanaged Federal Emergency Management Agency grants
  • $330 million on Office of Personnel Management hack
  • $41 million to train four or five Syrian rebels
  • $2.5 million on excess vehicles for the federal protective service
  • $14.7 million on a Department of Defense command center that was never used
Among the most frivolous spending:

• $872,164 to study how children cross the street
  • $1.1 million on the Pentagon's puppy project
  • $600,000 to fund a movie about Mickey Mouse
  • $125,000 to study the word "good" and other adjectives
  • $13,495 for Army National Guard bubble soccer
  • $482,218 on the State Department's sweet tooth
  • $6.34 million for artwork at a California Veterans Affairs facility
  • $70,000 on U.S. community college photo-exhibit in India
  • $1.1 million for a gardening video game
Citizens Against Government Waste, a Washington nonpartisan nonprofit, applauded McCain's report, according to a statement released Thursday.

/----/ "Except JFK's tax rates still left the top marginal rate at 70% for the ultra-rich. " Except that the rich had a ton of tax shelters back then and very few if any actually paid 70%. It's different today. Most of those tax shelters were eliminated by President Reagan.

Yeah, they were eliminated by Reagan AFTER he cut their taxes, and the deficit balloned to three times the debt we had run up in the previous 200 years.

Then Bush and Clinton had to correct his initial mistake and tax the rich at a sensible rate.

Okay, all of those things, added together are less than 10 Million in a 4.2 TRILLION dollar budget.

To get to your penny on the dollar number, you have to list 40 BILLION in spending cuts.

and having to watch bob beeckel and jaun {on tthe Five} all those years trying to make it sound as if Obama was doing a great job with the economy in comparison to Bush?
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
Here's what really worries the left. If Trump can duplicate Reagan's economy with the same tactics they are fucked. They can't have that happen twice. It kind of proves the point.

LOL, you can rest assured, there are no such worries.
Well you should be. Every time it happens the economy spikes up and people get happy. The democrats hate happy people and that's why they need to keep them miserable. If these tax laws get passed you're fucked for the next decade.

Amazing to witness such compartmentalization.

Were you in a coma for 15 years? There was Bush...big tax-cuts that were supposedly self-financing and supposedly would make for booming economy...no? Nothing? A total blackout?
I remember the government, all democrats making banking rules you had to give loans to minorities whether they were qualified or not. And I remember the loosest loan qualifications I have ever seen due to those rules the democrats made. That had nothing to do with taxes. It had everything to do with the government forcing those loans. Did you ever wonder why the banks got bailout money instead of prosecuted? It's because if it ever went to court the government would end up being the criminal.

You were clearly dreaming the very same stuff you always dream up:
When economy is up - TAX CUTS DID IT!
When it's down - DEMOCRATS DID IT!

Same intellectually dishonest heads-I-win, tails-you-lose dreams.

For 7 years leading up to the real estate collapse "Democrats" were Bush with Republican congress.

21admin.600.jpg

Banks issuing mortgages under VOLUNTARY CRA program (which Bush advanced as part of his ownership society push) made up a minority of sub-prime originations and were MUCH less likely to default.

defaultChart.jpg

Last edited:
:argue: By now we have seen our favorite cable news hosts going at it with far left loonies over what will likely happen when we drop rates for the average American and business owners. The rats keep insisting that we will add to the debt/deficit, really? now they care about this?
The host will always bring up what happened when we did this under Reagan. Then they freeze up/brain fart moment. What about the Bush Years? Damn, the economy was kicking ass! many employers were begging for help!,,,Then Obama took over and look at what the Dems did to us in 2009.,,then followed by 8 years of 0.0 Growth!,,,and now they have the nerve to tell us that lowering taxes will make things worse? :banghead: :banghead: :dunno:
:eusa_think: :eusa_think:
It's called history. Something you clearly know nothing about. You don't even know what facts are.

A rising tide does not lift all boats! That is a ray Goon fallacy like the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

It doesn't? As a professional sailor for many years, i can assure you that you are full of shit!

Republicans have found a way for the rising tide to lift only the yachts
/----/ Everyone who pays taxes gets a cut you dope.

Some boats rise a lot higher than others don't they?

A rising tide does not lift all boats! That is a ray Goon fallacy like the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

It doesn't? As a professional sailor for many years, i can assure you that you are full of shit!

/—/ The sad thing about your question is that you’re serious.

Okay, all of those things, added together are less than 10 Million in a 4.2 TRILLION dollar budget.

To get to your penny on the dollar number, you have to list 40 BILLION in spending cuts.
/—-/ Now you’re getting it. Congratulations

/—/ The sad thing about your question is that you’re serious.

Our distribution of wealth IS serious

In the past when we gave tax cuts to the wealthy, it did not create jobs or continued growth
The wealthy just kept the extra money

So why are we repeating the mistake?

Don’t we get a separate tax for Medicare & SSN! Why are they listed?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Class warfare. Commies hate the middle class. Despise them worse than poison. The heart of the free market is the middle class and enemies to the power elites.

The Marxist think tanks disguise their hatred by developing class warfare. Just another commie tactic that the stooges in the media are used for.

That is why they go to the same stupid long winded cliche of the robin hood fairy tale.

Really simple

Ever notice how the left elite who chant for higher taxes never voluntarily pay more? They could.

They never do. Ever see why some scumbag like Streisand did her post production work outside of this country? To avoid paying union dues (taxes.)

Ever see how Hollywood gets tax breaks, as they rail on how taxes are too low for the rich?

Do we have any true idea how big of scumbags the left wing hypocrites are?

Forum List

Back