Why are Left & Right so hard to reconcile?

again, what compromise can be achieved with a robber? let him steal only half of your money, or only shoot him in the kneecap, instead of the guts? which?

A lame and previously discredited analogy.
It's called "false choice"
It's a logical fallacy.

When has anyone on the right done anything similar to what the left did to Condi Rice last week?

The left does not want to let the other side have any voice because deep down inside all lefties know that they are wrong.

Ah example of someone I don't take serious because he has blinders on...

really? then give us some examples. When has anyone on the right done anything similar to what Rutgers did to Condi Rice?

Same is trying to be done to Michelle Obama.

These Students Just Kicked Michelle Obama Out Of Their Graduation

over seats.....

really? then give us some examples. When has anyone on the right done anything similar to what Rutgers did to Condi Rice?

Tim Robbins
Susan Sarandon
Dixie Chicks

Just off the top of my head. It happens both ways.

I don't recall any street protests that resulted in those people being banned from speaking at a college campus.

Boycotting movies and songs is totally different from what was done by a small group of Rutger's radical profs and students.

Sarandon, Robbins and the chics were never denied free speech. They were not silenced by a street demonstration. You assholes seem to want the US to operate like Egypt.
and this is the problem. You just make excuses instead of owning up. Another problem we have today. People always just brush things off because there is zero consequences.

Wow!

The lack of enquiring minds here is amazing!

Did NOBODY watch the presentation? Did no one see anything useful in it?

You guys are so polarised you should all freeze to popcicles.

Yep, couldn't get past about 4 minutes. Don't present a totally biased piece of propagandist bullshit and expect an honest discussion.

you should remove yourself from the internet then

The video showed there are opposites and it took both to build a civilization. There had to be some compromise to make that possible.

compromise would have been if the dems had let the republicans discuss the obamacare bill before it was passed by dems only. compromise would have been if any republican amendments to the bill had been allowed to be voted on in either house. compromise would be if Reid had allowed any house passed bills to be voted on in the senate.

Compromise is determined by the party in power. obama and the dems have chosen to govern by the ramrod method rather than the compromise method. they will reap what they sow in 2015 and 2016.

I agree with the first paragraph and disagree with the second.
Obamacare is a prime example of a "no compromise" bill. And in that, they are to blame for ramrodding (good choice of words imho) this through without compromise or discussion.

But I don't think that compromise is always the burden of the party in power. And I don't believe that one side is any more responsible for the lack of compromise in Washington DC than the other.

I've seen too many instances of "my way or the highway" from both parties.

the party in power has the ramrod, they have no need to compromise when they have the numbers to ignore the other party-------thats why we have the terrible law called ACA.

Tim Robbins
Susan Sarandon
Dixie Chicks

Just off the top of my head. It happens both ways.

I don't recall any street protests that resulted in those people being banned from speaking at a college campus.

Boycotting movies and songs is totally different from what was done by a small group of Rutger's radical profs and students.

Sarandon, Robbins and the chics were never denied free speech. They were not silenced by a street demonstration. You assholes seem to want the US to operate like Egypt.
and this is the problem. You just make excuses instead of owning up. Another problem we have today. People always just brush things off because there is zero consequences.

stating facts is not making excuses. :cuckoo:

The video showed there are opposites and it took both to build a civilization. There had to be some compromise to make that possible.

compromise would have been if the dems had let the republicans discuss the obamacare bill before it was passed by dems only. compromise would have been if any republican amendments to the bill had been allowed to be voted on in either house. compromise would be if Reid had allowed any house passed bills to be voted on in the senate.

Compromise is determined by the party in power. obama and the dems have chosen to govern by the ramrod method rather than the compromise method. they will reap what they sow in 2015 and 2016.

we talked about it for over a year...Ramrod that took over a year to pass.
Seriously want some tissues?

Ah example of someone I don't take serious because he has blinders on...

over seats.....

the difference between the two is significant. In Rice's case a minority blocked her. In michells's case the majority blocked her.

Do you grasp the difference?

stating facts is not making excuses. :cuckoo:

yeah. You dont have that problem...

there was discussion of healthcare for many years. the bill that became law was not debated on the floor of either house, pelosi and reid did not allow any republican amendments or any open debate. It was rammed through on a dem only vote in the dark of night after being written in a closed room by dem staffers. Even the dems who voted for it had no idea what was in it.

it is the worst example of corrupt legislation in our history.

please stop lying about this

over seats.....

the difference between the two is significant. In Rice's case a minority blocked her. In michells's case the majority blocked her.

That is ridiculous. Nobody blocked Rice. She declined of her own free will.

over seats.....

zzzzzzzzzzz you asked, i answered...tough shit....Im just going to ignore you for the rest of the thread now.

there was discussion of healthcare for many years. the bill that became law was not debated on the floor of either house, pelosi and reid did not allow any republican amendments or any open debate. It was rammed through on a dem only vote in the dark of night after being written in a closed room by dem staffers. Even the dems who voted for it had no idea what was in it.

it is the worst example of corrupt legislation in our history.

please stop lying about this

If you honestly believe that......you have my deepest respect.

over seats.....

zzzzzzzzzzz you asked, i answered...tough shit....Im just going to ignore you for the rest of the thread now.

your concession of defeat is accepted-------------:eusa_boohoo:

When has anyone on the right done anything similar to what the left did to Condi Rice last week?

Off the top of my head?
I don't know. Do you claim that right wing organisations never try to prevent left wing ones from having a voice or invite to a forum?

Last edited:
The condition which exists preventing reconciliation is "Extremism". It is the same condition that has put an end to Democracy. If you look at the Extremists you will notice that the attitudes of those on both sides are the same, only the words are different.
The thought process is in shut done mode and they rely on slogans which are fed to them. Few extremists are honest and have discarded ethics completely while being brainwashed into thinking that the end justifies the means.
Our foreign relations have been in a shambles from the beginning of our Nation as a Nation we operate under similar rules:
1. The end justifies the means
2. Might makes Right
With Capitalism Might is achieved by the accumulation of wealth which is used to buy loyalty or hire people to enforce the appearance of belief.
The industrialists of the 1800's were good examples of the people that made this country what it is today.
It may be worth noting the Society which took place in Newport, RI and all locations which came home (full or part time) for these industrialists. The Society mimicked the Royalty of Europe with the difference being that in the USA it was comprised of women. The men we refer to as Industrialists were crude, lacking refinement; but driven to become wealthy by what ever means were necessary. Once they attained the level of wealth where they could buy both politicians and law enforcement there was no stopping them.
Maybe if we had written the truth of our history things would be different now

Wow!

The lack of enquiring minds here is amazing!

Did NOBODY watch the presentation? Did no one see anything useful in it?

You guys are so polarised you should all freeze to popcicles.
I watched it all and got the impression that he was being smug that liberals are always right and conservatives were always wrong. It turn me off from buying into what else he was saying. I'd like my 18:40 back.

Nutters like to pretend that there are mainstream liberal extremists to counter the scores of mainstream nutter extremists. They do not exist.

The scales ain't even, yo. Not by a long shot.

Forum List

Back