Why Are Far-Rightwingers So Upset With The Backlash Against The Gun-Toters?

When the fact of the matter is, citizens couldn't DREAM of exercising their rights and freedoms under Herr Bush.

Remember when Bush had his goons arrest a couple at an event for simply wearing an anti-Bush t-shirt?

If Obama, is as many claim, the most anti-gun President ever who has vowed to take away everybody's guns, and he allows those which such opposing views to his to exercise their rights. Doesn't that mean he's the most pro-American President ever for actually PRACTICING what he preachces by not letting his own biases get in the way of Consitutional Rights like the last guy?

Couple Arrested for Anti-Bush T-Shirts
American Civil Liberties Union : Secret Service and White House Charged with Violating Free Speech Rights in ACLU Lawsuit
firstamendmentcenter.org: news

BTW, I searched the Charlotte Gazette for the story, where it first broke, and couldn't find a single reference to it. Perhaps Herr Bush had the original story removed?
well, i guess you have admitted i'm not a far rightie
since i'm not upset about anything to do with them
LOL
they did what they did and will face what ever issues they have to deal with

When the fact of the matter is, citizens couldn't DREAM of exercising their rights and freedoms under Herr Bush.

Remember when Bush had his goons arrest a couple at an event for simply wearing an anti-Bush t-shirt?

If Obama, is as many claim, the most anti-gun President ever who has vowed to take away everybody's guns, and he allows those which such opposing views to his to exercise their rights. Doesn't that mean he's the most pro-American President ever for actually PRACTICING what he preachces by not letting his own biases get in the way of Consitutional Rights like the last guy?

Couple Arrested for Anti-Bush T-Shirts
American Civil Liberties Union : Secret Service and White House Charged with Violating Free Speech Rights in ACLU Lawsuit
firstamendmentcenter.org: news

BTW, I searched the Charlotte Gazette for the story, where it first broke, and couldn't find a single reference to it. Perhaps Herr Bush had the original story removed?

wow so youre so upset that the free speech right was fucked with that you want to get even and delete the 2nd amendment. youre one illogical fucker.

You're correct........just like those nice law abiding Black Panthers exercising their 2nd amendment rights weren't trying to intimidate anyone last year either. :eusa_whistle:

Law abiding? You do know they were charged with voter intimidation, which were dropped but there are some folks working to get those charges refiled and they will more than likely succeed. Wise up!

I know the were intimidating voters and you know they were intimidating voters, but you don't have the intellectual honesty to reailze that people carrying assualt rifles to town hall meetings are engaging in the exact same behavior. If you are going to set a standard, use it across the board or don't call yourself a conservative.

You fail to see the difference. One group violated the law, the other group did not. I'm not intimidated by the sight of an AR-15 or any firearm for that matter. Perhaps there are some that are uncomfortable with it, but in this case, there were police officers watching these "gun-toters" and if nothing else that should have eliminated any intimidation factor, if it even existed. I personally believe every State should have open carry laws.

I know the were intimidating voters and you know they were intimidating voters, but you don't have the intellectual honesty to reailze that people carrying assualt rifles to town hall meetings are engaging in the exact same behavior. If you are going to set a standard, use it across the board or don't call yourself a conservative.

Last time I checked, people don't vote in town hall meetings.

There is a huge difference between intimidating voters at the polls, and protesting gun control with guns. It's not rocket science.

No, they go there to exercise another freedom just as important as voting.......speech......unless they are worried that the nut with the assault rifle might not like what they are saying. It isn't rocket surgery.

So the fellow who held the sign "It's time to water the tree of Liberty" was merely demonstrating his Second Amendment rights? You know who else liked that phrase? Timothy McViegh.

And you can prove this?

I was 6 blocks away from McVeigh's blast when it happened. Since I am a life long resident of OKC, I just assume folks know the same facts we do, but I guess not.

Timothy McVeigh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

McVeigh was wearing a T-shirt at that time with a picture of Abraham Lincoln and the motto: sic semper tyrannis, the state motto of Virginia, and also the words shouted by John Wilkes Booth after he shot Lincoln. The translation: Thus, always, to tyrants. On the back, it had a tree with a picture of three blood droplets and the Thomas Jefferson quote, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

So the fellow who held the sign "It's time to water the tree of Liberty" was merely demonstrating his Second Amendment rights? You know who else liked that phrase? Timothy McViegh.

And you can prove this?

I was 6 blocks away from McVeigh's blast when it happened. Since I am a life long resident of OKC, I just assume folks know the same facts we do, but I guess not.

McVeigh was wearing a T-shirt at that time with a picture of Abraham Lincoln and the motto: sic semper tyrannis, the state motto of Virginia, and also the words shouted by John Wilkes Booth after he shot Lincoln. The translation: Thus, always, to tyrants. On the back, it had a tree with a picture of three blood droplets and the Thomas Jefferson quote, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I guess you could believe it, if you think wikipedia is a credible source. Which I don't. I believe wikipedia cited Tru TV as their source.

Welcome Staw Man, hi Ad-Hominem.

A thought-terminating cliché is a commonly used phrase, sometimes passing as folk wisdom, used to quell cognitive dissonance. Though the phrase in and of itself may be valid in certain contexts, its application as a means of dismissing dissention or justifying fallacious logic is what makes it thought-terminating.

And you can prove this?

I guess you could believe it, if you think wikipedia is a credible source. Which I don't. I believe wikipedia cited Tru TV as their source.

I see your from Baja Oklahoma, so I'll cut you a little slack in the intelligence department. Let me repeat very slowly so you can understand, I've lived in Oklahoma City for 52 years. I was 6 blocks away from the Murrah Buidling bombing sitting in my office. My wife was 3 blocks away. I know folks who were in the building when it was bombed. I know the details of the incident intimately. McVeigh's t-shirt was common knowledge from the moment they realized they had their bomber sitting in the Perry county jail after being picked up by a state trooper on I-35 North for a missing license plate. I could have provided you the whole Google search instead of just the wiki reference, but being the intellectually dishonest, radio talking points "conservative" you are, you wouldn't believe anything that you weren't told to believe. :cuckoo:

I see your from Baja Oklahoma, so I'll cut you a little slack in the intelligence department. Let me repeat very slowly so you can understand, I've lived in Oklahoma City for 52 years. I was 6 blocks away from the Murrah Buidling bombing sitting in my office. My wife was 3 blocks away. I know folks who were in the building when it was bombed. I know the details of the incident intimately. McVeigh's t-shirt was common knowledge from the moment they realized they had their bomber sitting in the Perry county jail after being picked up by a state trooper on I-35 North for a missing license plate. I could have provided you the whole Google search instead of just the wiki reference, but being the intellectually dishonest, radio talking points "conservative" you are, you wouldn't believe anything that you weren't told to believe. :cuckoo:

You think I'm from Baja, Oklahoma? And you have the audacity to question my intellect? I don't give a fuck where your from but I can tell by your use of the least credible source that you're about as smart as a box of rocks. I asked for verification about the phrase that McVeigh alledgedly liked and I get a wiki reference about a shirt he was wearing with that phrase. Now Mr. Dumbass I'm going to show you how to provide a credible source, now pay attention because I'm only going to show you this one time.... are you ready? Ok, here it goes....

Q. Could you please read what the back of the shirt says.A. It says: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from timeto time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." And below that it says, "T. Jefferson."Q. And is there a picture on the back of the shirt?A. Yes. It's a large tree, and it has red blood droplets.Q. Can you please hold that up and show the back of the shirt to the jury.

The Arrest of Timothy McVeigh Trial: Documents relating to his arrest and the search of his vehicle in April 1995.

You think I'm from Baja, Oklahoma? And you have the audacity to question my intellect? I don't give a fuck where your from but I can tell by your use of the least credible source that you're about as smart as a box of rocks. I asked for verification about the phrase that McVeigh alledgedly liked and I get a wiki reference about a shirt he was wearing with that phrase. Now Mr. Dumbass I'm going to show you how to provide a credible source, now pay attention because I'm only going to show you this one time.... are you ready? Ok, here it goes....

Q. Could you please read what the back of the shirt says.A. It says: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from timeto time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." And below that it says, "T. Jefferson."Q. And is there a picture on the back of the shirt?A. Yes. It's a large tree, and it has red blood droplets.Q. Can you please hold that up and show the back of the shirt to the jury.

The Arrest of Timothy McVeigh Trial: Documents relating to his arrest and the search of his vehicle in April 1995.

And as I said dipshit, I could have provided you the whole Google search instead of giving you the top search hit. I'm sure you would have found fault with that too. Tell you what, instead of being lazy next time you ask a question on an interwebs forum, do your own fucking homework rather than pissing on the folks decent enough to give you a handout. Ass!

Now, let me ask you a question. How did your credible source differ from my source? Oh yeah, it didn't.

Because they feel their second amendment rights are being infringed.

Can you prove it?

You want to prove feelings? Good luck with that.

As for your original post.

1)Im not upset
2)Ive seen no backlash.
3)Getting arrested and later released clear of all charges is much nicer than getting the crap beaten out of you because you arent left enough.
4)Things werent that bad under Bush. And if you think they were, you're probably not going to be mature/intelligent/wise enough to handle whats coming down the road.

Like all conservatives, I have absolutely no problem when you rip Bush a new one for things he did wrong. I am just tired of these bullcrap accusations. This whining that the world was so horrible under our former President when it was actually a pretty good time to be alive.

Your life may suck, but it wasnt President Bush's fault. And once you get over the celebritism with Obama, youll quickly realize your life isnt much better. Because if you expect others to make you happy, then you are in for a rude awakening.
Well, thats pretty much a thread killer for the intellectually honest on this forum.

Welcome Staw Man, hi Ad-Hominem.

A thought-terminating cliché is a commonly used phrase, sometimes passing as folk wisdom, used to quell cognitive dissonance. Though the phrase in and of itself may be valid in certain contexts, its application as a means of dismissing dissention or justifying fallacious logic is what makes it thought-terminating.

But what if it's accurate?

You'd be aware that the use of logical fallacies is terminal to someone's argument. I've always thought that someone continually alleging logical fallacies on a message board was a bit rude and probably deliberately disruptive, after all, this isn't Logic 101. But I do like the to and fro of discussion. I'm not a Straussian but I do appreciate his comment that, "Dialectics is the art of conversation or friendly dispute." (found in his Natural Right and History).

Thought-terminating cliches should be brushed aside indeed. To complete your extract from the Wikipedia entry:

“The language of the totalist environment is characterized by the thought-terminating cliché. The most far-reaching and complex of human problems are compressed into brief, highly reductive, definitive-sounding phrases, easily memorized and easily expressed. These become the start and finish of any ideological analysis.”

Thought-terminating cliché - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Smearing a point as a "thought-terminating cliche" is an example of totalism.

Oh Lord. Di are you still trying to get all Socratic on me? It might help if your questions weren't so pointlessly absurd.

Oh and for the other loon the notion that you are more likely to hurt a family member with a gun than protect them has been debunked litterally dozens of times.

Oh Lord. Di are you still trying to get all Socratic on me? It might help if your questions weren't so pointlessly absurd.

Oh and for the other loon the notion that you are more likely to hurt a family member with a gun than protect them has been debunked litterally dozens of times.

Socratic? Not a bit of it, just asking a simple question of Otter. But feel free to chime in with an answer.

No it has not. Stop lying.

And as I said dipshit, I could have provided you the whole Google search instead of giving you the top search hit. I'm sure you would have found fault with that too. Tell you what, instead of being lazy next time you ask a question on an interwebs forum, do your own fucking homework rather than pissing on the folks decent enough to give you a handout. Ass!

Now, let me ask you a question. How did your credible source differ from my source? Oh yeah, it didn't.

Hey stupid I asked a question, and it wasn't even directed at you, but you felt obliged to open up your mouth and stick your foot in it. Not my fault you think wikipedia a credible source.

My source was sworn testimony from trial transcripts... yours was wikipedia. If have to tell you the difference, then you're probably too stupid to understand it.

Hey stupid I asked a question, and it wasn't even directed at you, but you felt obliged to open up your mouth and stick your foot in it. Not my fault you think wikipedia a credible source.

My source was sworn testimony from trial transcripts... yours was wikipedia. If have to tell you the difference, then you're probably too stupid to understand it.

Really? Not only are you stoopid, you're a liar as well. Reference this Lonestar Loonie.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1443132-post84.html

Really? Not only are you stoopid, you're a liar as well. Reference this Lonestar Loonie.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1443132-post84.html

You just proved that I what I stated was a fact. I was addressing Old Rocks, not you..ya dumbass.

Forum List

Back