Why are conservatives so convinced that liberals detest the wealthy?

Why are conservatives so convinced that liberals detest the wealthy?

I certainly don't. I'd just like them to pay their fair share in taxes.
For "conservatives" (i.e. Teabaggers/fascists in Conservative-clothing), it's the ol' martyr-trip; if they take the "shots" for the 1%ers....maybe, then, they'll get to hang with the rich-kids!

It's been their entire-life experience....their need for some kind o' recognition (without any actual work, required).

Hell, they'll even settle for "crumbs".....just so they can say they (finally) get to hang with the rich-kids.

Ya' gotta feel sorry, for them. They've (quite) obviously had any-and-all hints of self-respect bred outta their DNA.
(.....And, people who sell knee-pads LOVE 'em!)​

Last edited:
LOL You are slower then most.

Your post makes no sense because I PAY taxes. I pay taxes at an income level where many pay none.

So? How does that take away from the class warfare democrats insist upon?

Why do you people always try to claim that it's only democrats who insist on class warfare?

You don't think that the efforts of the corporate interests and their perennial allies on the right to drive down the wages of the American working class at every opportunity and to extract every nickel of profit they possibly can out of those working people isn't class warfare?

What is their fair share?

The top 1 percent of earners account for 20.3 percent of total personal income in the United States and pay 21.5 percent of all federal and state taxes. The middle 20 percent of households earn 11.6 percent of US income and pay 10.3 percent of taxes. The lowest 20 percent account for just 3.5 percent of income, and pay 2 percent of all taxes.

Worthless fucking statistic. Worthless. That should be common knowledge around here for the number of times it's been dismantled by myself and others.

The statistics come right from the government web site.
So the government is lying about the statistics?

How about President Obama wanting to raise taxes on the top 1% that will bring in 1.5 trillion dollars over a ten year period.
That is what is worthless , when the government spends more that 1 trillion each year.

He said the statistic was worthless, not that it was false.

Actually, I disagree with him. The statistic shows that the richest people are paying almost the same share of income in taxes as the poorest people. That in itself shows that something is wrong; the richer a person is, the higher the share of his/her income should be paid in taxes.

He said the statistic was worthless, not that it was false.

Actually, I disagree with him. The statistic shows that the richest people are paying almost the same share of income in taxes as the poorest people. That in itself shows that something is wrong; the richer a person is, the higher the share of his/her income should be paid in taxes.

Exactly, I'll stipulate the statistic is true, it just doesn't mean what Connies think it means. If anything it only further reinforces the disparity we have in income.

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.

Last edited:
President Barack Obama’s plan to make the tax code more “fair” by permanently raising taxes, on the top 1% by $1.5 trillion over 10 years.

Yet we have a Government that over spends more than a 1 trillion every year.

Bringing in 1.5 trillion over a 10 year period, is not going to help at all to bring down the spending in Washington.

Our Government brings in a little over 2.2 trillion every year and only 53% pay taxes.
2 trillion is more than enough for our government yet they spend 1 trillion more.

When does the growth stop? Each and every year government has gotten bigger and bigger and borrowed more and more.
Government has grown to an unsustainable amount and needs to be cut back.
They need to spend what they bring in and not borrow any more until we get our deficit down.

Raising taxes on the rich is not going to remedy the problem.

Then start by ending this:

defense_spending.jpg

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Niether party is willing to give up the role of world police.

Well then, nobody should complain about having to pay for it.

We cannot be

1) a low tax nation

2) the world's policeman, and

3) a modern civilized society with a modern social agenda - i.e., healthcare, social security, aid to the needy, etc., etc., etc...

without massive deficits and debts.

Something has to go, period.

President Barack Obama’s plan to make the tax code more “fair” by permanently raising taxes, on the top 1% by $1.5 trillion over 10 years.

Bringing in 1.5 trillion over a 10 year period, is not going to help at all to bring down the spending in Washington.

Our Government brings in a little over 2.2 trillion every year and only 53% pay taxes.
2 trillion is more than enough for our government yet they spend 1 trillion more.

When does the growth stop? Each and every year government has gotten bigger and bigger and borrowed more and more.
They need to spend what they bring in and not borrow any more until we get our deficit down.

defense_spending.jpg

That's not even a good graph...

A more accurate depiction would be per capita spending on defense.

If we went by those numbers France and the UK would be right up there with the US.... Hell they may as well spend more than we do per capita...

Last edited:

The top 1 percent of earners account for 20.3 percent of total personal income in the United States and pay 21.5 percent of all federal and state taxes. The middle 20 percent of households earn 11.6 percent of US income and pay 10.3 percent of taxes. The lowest 20 percent account for just 3.5 percent of income, and pay 2 percent of all taxes.

Worthless fucking statistic. Worthless. That should be common knowledge around here for the number of times it's been dismantled by myself and others.

How about President Obama wanting to raise taxes on the top 1% that will bring in 1.5 trillion dollars over a ten year period.
That is what is worthless , when the government spends more that 1 trillion each year.

How much of a tax increase on the top 1% would you prefer? One that brings in 5 trillion over a ten year period? 10 trillion?

Oh and our government never lies???

Everything that comes from our government is bullshit. Look at CBO projections for example. Have they ever been accurate?? HELL NO..

Hell, there is a whole wing of the CIA that specializes in propaganda, and you believe the shit that is spewed by our government??? :lol::lol::lol:

defense_spending.jpg

A more accurate description would be per capita spending on defense.

If we went by those numbers France and the UK would be right up there with the US.... Hell they may as well spend more than we do per capita...

Actually, it comes down to what is the threat?

How many of those countries are potential threats? How many are potential allies? What is the actual threat to Continental US?

We are telling Americans that they will have to make sacrifices and make do with less as we ran up a $15 trillion debt. Let's revisit why defense is a sacred cow

Fair is subjective, idiot....

I want everyone to pay equal % shares on every dollar earned... with no loopholes and no exceptions....

For you see, I am about equal treatment, not some class warfare game... Your envy, and the envy of those like you, sickens me to the core

Paying the same % is a subjective determination of fairness.

No... it is equality in treatment.. blind to situation...

When you base it differently on levels, situations, deductions.... THAT IS A SUBJECTIVE DETERMINATION AND TREATMENT BASED ON 'FAIRNESS'

sorry charlie

No, it's actually not equality in treatment. If you make 100,000 and I make a million, and we're taxed at 10% a year,

you pay 10,000 and I pay 100,000. We both live in the same country under the same government receiving the same services from that government,

and yet I'm paying (in this example) 10 times as much as you're paying for essentially the same thing.

To say that is fair IS subjective.

So, given that, you have already conceded that you will accept a tax system that can be proven not to be 'fair' by any objective measure...

...the only debate is thus how 'unfair' will we make it.

defense_spending.jpg

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

Niether party is willing to give up the role of world police.

Well then, nobody should complain about having to pay for it.

We cannot be

1) a low tax nation

2) the world's policeman, and

3) a modern civilized society with a modern social agenda - i.e., healthcare, social security, aid to the needy, etc., etc., etc...

without massive deficits and debts.

Something has to go, period.

We dont pay for it, we charge it and use SS funds to help.

defense_spending.jpg

A more accurate depiction would be per capita spending on defense.

List of countries by military expenditures per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Idiot.

They pay zero in income taxes because of stagnant wages, and because of tax cuts given to them by REPUBLICANS, and you want to make them even poorer?

What will that accomplish?

What's the point of debating a moron like you who is so delusional?

Forum List

Back