Why are conservatives so convinced that liberals detest the wealthy?

I certainly don't. I'd just like them to pay their fair share in taxes.

Fair is subjective, idiot....

I want everyone to pay equal % shares on every dollar earned... with no loopholes and no exceptions....

For you see, I am about equal treatment, not some class warfare game... Your envy, and the envy of those like you, sickens me to the core

Paying the same % is a subjective determination of fairness.

They pay zero in income taxes because of stagnant wages, and because of tax cuts given to them by REPUBLICANS, and you want to make them even poorer?

What will that accomplish?

I want them to pay a share. Why should they pay NOTHING,, REAP the BENEFITS of a REBATE even and then scream WE WANT MORE???

The question is, what will that accomplish? I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, I'm asking you what will that accomplish?

it will accomplish a feeling of "I pulled my wight a little" not "Gimmmie Gimmmmie Gimmmie" Freedom isn't free. I think that's sad that you even had to ask the question.

Fair is subjective, idiot....

I want everyone to pay equal % shares on every dollar earned... with no loopholes and no exceptions....

For you see, I am about equal treatment, not some class warfare game... Your envy, and the envy of those like you, sickens me to the core

Paying the same % is a subjective determination of fairness.

No... it is equality in treatment.. blind to situation...

When you base it differently on levels, situations, deductions.... THAT IS A SUBJECTIVE DETERMINATION AND TREATMENT BASED ON 'FAIRNESS'

sorry charlie

A dollar for dollar tax with progressive brackets is just as "fair" as a flat tax.

Deal.

they do asswipe. but, I could bring it to your attention that 50% of Americans pay ZERO,, that's the group that really doesn't pay a "fair share" or any share for that matter..

Um, no, 47% do not pay FEDERAL taxes. Get your facts straight or don't bother trying.

They also don't pay any state income tax to boot..

Then the assholes who live on welfare and live in section 8 housing pay absolutely nothing because they're living off the taxpayers coin....

The reason why conservatives think liberals hate rich people is because they (conservatives) are illogical, and jump to that conclusion from the fact that liberals want rich people restrained from being able to run amok, destroy the rights of working people, ravage the environment, provoke foreign wars, and cannibalize the economy.

It's no more true that liberals "hate" rich people, than that those who prefer crimes of violence to be punished under the law, "hate" people with anger-management issues.

President Barack Obama’s plan to make the tax code more “fair” by permanently raising taxes, on the top 1% by $1.5 trillion over 10 years.

Yet we have a Government that over spends more than a 1 trillion every year.

Bringing in 1.5 trillion over a 10 year period, is not going to help at all to bring down the spending in Washington.

Our Government brings in a little over 2.2 trillion every year and only 53% pay taxes.
2 trillion is more than enough for our government yet they spend 1 trillion more.

When does the growth stop? Each and every year government has gotten bigger and bigger and borrowed more and more.
Government has grown to an unsustainable amount and needs to be cut back.
They need to spend what they bring in and not borrow any more until we get our deficit down.

Raising taxes on the rich is not going to remedy the problem.

What is their fair share?

The top 1 percent of earners account for 20.3 percent of total personal income in the United States and pay 21.5 percent of all federal and state taxes. The middle 20 percent of households earn 11.6 percent of US income and pay 10.3 percent of taxes. The lowest 20 percent account for just 3.5 percent of income, and pay 2 percent of all taxes.

On average, the wealthiest people in America pay a lot more taxes than the middle class or the poor, according to private and government data. They pay at a higher rate, and as a group, they contribute a much larger share of the overall taxes collected by the federal government.

There may be individual millionaires who pay taxes at rates lower than middle-income workers. In 2009 1,470 households filed tax returns with incomes above $1 million yet paid no federal income tax, according to the Internal Revenue Service. That, however, was less than 1 percent of the nearly 237,000 returns with incomes above $1 million.

This year, households making more than $1 million will pay an average of 29.1% of their income in federal taxes, including income taxes and payroll taxes, according to the Tax Policy Center, a Washington think tank.

Households making between $50,000 and $75,000 will pay 15% of their income in federal taxes. Lower-income households will pay less. For example, households making between $40,000 and $50,000 will pay an average of 12.5% of their income in federal taxes. Households making between $20,000 and $30,000 will pay 5.7%.

Of course the top 1% pay more in taxes, but given their income, they aren't paying enough. Their tax rates are at an all time low.

Check out the graphs on pages 9-11 in my signature.

well how nice of you to decide they aren't PAYING ENOUGH. why don't you get a gang together and go stick up them up, rob them of their monies and distribute it as you see fit.

they do asswipe. but, I could bring it to your attention that 50% of Americans pay ZERO,, that's the group that really doesn't pay a "fair share" or any share for that matter..

Um, no, 47% do not pay FEDERAL taxes. Get your facts straight or don't bother trying.

They also don't pay any state income tax to boot..

Then the assholes who live on welfare and live in section 8 housing pay absolutely nothing because they're living off the taxpayers coin....

Actually, they are people making $10 an hour and trying to raise a family on $20,000 a year with rising costs for food, housing, gas and medical bills

These are the people you want to add a burden of extra taxes

The top 1 percent of earners account for 20.3 percent of total personal income in the United States and pay 21.5 percent of all federal and state taxes. The middle 20 percent of households earn 11.6 percent of US income and pay 10.3 percent of taxes. The lowest 20 percent account for just 3.5 percent of income, and pay 2 percent of all taxes.

Worthless fucking statistic. Worthless. That should be common knowledge around here for the number of times it's been dismantled by myself and others.

Worthless fucking statistic. Worthless. That should be common knowledge around here for the number of times it's been dismantled by myself and others.

Then dismantle it.

I like reading fiction.

So? How does that take away from the class warfare democrats insist upon?

Democrats are right to do so. It's only called "class warfare" when the 99% fight back; and that's valid: it takes two sides to make a war.

It only takes one to make a massacre, though. Frankly, I'll take class warfare over class massacre any day.

Democrats are right to do so. It's only called "class warfare" when the 99% fight back; and that's valid: it takes two sides to make a war.

It only takes one to make a massacre, though. Frankly, I'll take class warfare over class massacre any day.

The 99%

what a crock.

Its cute though, now try something reality based.

The reason why conservatives think liberals hate rich people is because they (conservatives) are illogical, and jump to that conclusion from the fact that liberals want rich people restrained from being able to run amok, destroy the rights of working people, ravage the environment, provoke foreign wars, and cannibalize the economy.

It's no more true that liberals "hate" rich people, than that those who prefer crimes of violence to be punished under the law, "hate" people with anger-management issues.

I would suggest learning capitalism and learning what makes a dollar valuable before you go making fucked up assertions..

You dumb motherfuckers act like the rich are trying to eliminate the middle class. In REALITY the rich need the middle class, because after all its the middle class who buy the product they're selling that in turn made them rich, and its the middle class that are manufacturing that product...

I'm sick of dumb fucks like yourself portraying the wealthy as a bunch of nefarious greedy demons...

here's a clue...you 1/2% ows'ers don't SPEAK for the rest of us you all like to call the 99%...you don't have our permission and I demand (since that is your gig) to STOP..

Then dismantle it.

I like reading fiction.

Obviously you do, or you wouldn't self-identify as a "Conservative." :rolleyes:

Start here, and watch your contemporaries stammer and flail when confronted with strictly rote mathematics.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...enters-you-call-this-fair-10.html#post4575061

This isn't class warfare you dumb motherfucker. This is a bunch of salty greedy progressives loathing people because they have more.

Yeah, their Xbox 360, Iphone, lab top, 2008 chevy and nice clothing isn't enough for them - they want more.....

It's not exactly like you fat motherfuckers are starving...

If you want to know what real class warfare is go read about the October revolution of 1917.... Also read what happened when the peons took control...

Then dismantle it.

I like reading fiction.

Obviously you do, or you wouldn't self-identify as a "Conservative." :rolleyes:

Start here, and watch your contemporaries stammer and flail when confronted with strictly rote mathematics.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...enters-you-call-this-fair-10.html#post4575061

i ALREADY HAD THE IMPRESSION YOU WERE A BLOWHARD.

Now try a different approach, you know, actually doing as you say you can.

Forum List

Back