CDZ Why are american politicians so obsessed with people's sex lives?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
Indeed American politicians are thinking about someone's sexual life.
I believe it stems from the fact that they believe a perfect world would be their own world. If they cannot convert people through their beliefs then they should be written into law. If you believe you're right 100 percent of the time and the principles you love is the only way to live then you will stop at nothing to make sure the rest of the world sees it that way.
Why there is so many "sex" in American politics? Who knows?

I believe it stems from the fact that they believe a perfect world would be their own world. If they cannot convert people through their beliefs then they should be written into law. If you believe you're right 100 percent of the time and the principles you love is the only way to live then you will stop at nothing to make sure the rest of the world sees it that way.
I do. It gives them a sure way to attack their opponents and put them on defense, thereby avoiding discussion of issues that really matter.

EVERYBODY is addicted to sex! Get over it!

there is a historical explanation for this. In history class we're told the US was founded by Puritans who had to leave Europe due to religious persecution. What they don't tell us is that there was a reason you kicked them all out. And now these perverts are sitting in the Government comfortably.

there is a historical explanation for this. In history class we're told the US was founded by Puritans who had to leave Europe due to religious persecution. What they don't tell us is that there was a reason you kicked them all out. And now these perverts are sitting in the Government comfortably.
So it's all because of perverted puritans?

I doubt most of them care. Those are issues which are easy to talk about, relatively cheap and keeps their name in the press. They can seem like they are doing something while doing nothing.

I haven't noticed that American Politicians are obsessed with people's sex life.

It's likely that you're conflating private personal behavior common to someone's sex life with public policy stemming from the advocacies of their constituents.

Ya see Public policy is public... thus the concern of those whose job it is to establish standards for acceptable public behavior, as a result of the obvious interest the people have in such.

So it's all because of perverted puritans?

Is there any other kind of Puritan?

Diverting people's attention from the real problems, giving them cheap and legal drugs, raising LGBT movement...

Forum List

Back