Why are African-Americans Unable to Comply with Voter ID Laws?

It's not that they are the only group that are disenfranchised really the poor and homless are the ones who have the biggest obsticalses emplaced by voters Id laws because they often loose there social security cards and birth certificates they often either cant prove there identity or cant afford to replace expired Id cards it basicly it places a small tax on voting and makes it impossible for some to vote altogether it just happens that most of the people affected are black or democrat

I'm black and I had no idea that lack of government issue was an issue in the black community. I've had a passport since I was a kid and I have a drivers license. Everyone in my immediate and extended family have a driver's licenses or IDs. I don't know anyone who doesn't have a form of government ID.

I don't understand how it discriminates against minorities. If they really want to vote then they need to get an ID. It's not like ID cost hundreds of dollars.

And if they los their social security cards or birth certificate then who's fault is that?

Forum List

Back