Why are African-Americans treated so bad in america?

Hati isnt the US.

Well of course it isn't.
What has that got to do with Black Americans being treated better here than some other countries?
But they arent treated better here. Thats the point of the OP. Black Americans are treated better everywhere else but here.

Yes they are treated better in America.
I don't see any of them living in little cardboard shacks like a lot are in Africa, just bad housing apartments around some areas of the country.
They have nice clothes, they have TV's, refrigerators, microwaves, video games and accesses to washer and driers, heat and running water and indoor bathrooms.
Many Blacks around the world do not have any of the above.
Show me one African American living in a cardboard shack in Africa.

That is the point
No African American is living in a cardboard shack in America or Africa.
yep,

they all have cars, houses internet, acess to untlities and the list goes on

po' black people

the most recent shooting of a black suspect in SC just brought home the reality that blacks are, in fact, still mistreated in our society (i.e. if a police officer can empty his revolver into a fleeing suspect and feel "justified", then there is something bad wrong).

that was pure murder, and I cringed as I watched and realized what just happened.

back to your original question, "why are African Americans treated so badly in America" -
ultimately, it could be the age-old "tribal" factor at play, if so, the logical solution would be better integration.

So that incident proves BLACKS are mistreated? It proves that ONE black was mistreated.

Better integration? We've had integration in the public schools in the county where I live since before I started the first grade in the late 1960s. That means blacks have had the same classes, lesson, books, desks, teachers, etc. as white students. Sad part is that many still complain that blacks don't have the same educational opportunities as whites in public schools.

as if you've never heard of urban schools receiving less funding than others lol
urban schools get massive amounts of FEDERAL AID

the most recent shooting of a black suspect in SC just brought home the reality that blacks are, in fact, still mistreated in our society (i.e. if a police officer can empty his revolver into a fleeing suspect and feel "justified", then there is something bad wrong).

that was pure murder, and I cringed as I watched and realized what just happened.

back to your original question, "why are African Americans treated so badly in America" -
ultimately, it could be the age-old "tribal" factor at play, if so, the logical solution would be better integration.

So that incident proves BLACKS are mistreated? It proves that ONE black was mistreated.

Better integration? We've had integration in the public schools in the county where I live since before I started the first grade in the late 1960s. That means blacks have had the same classes, lesson, books, desks, teachers, etc. as white students. Sad part is that many still complain that blacks don't have the same educational opportunities as whites in public schools.
You're insane. Firstly any black that gets the same opportunity usually turn out good secondly you've clearly never been to a big ghetto or hood because their schools are far inferior to ours and this is where the crime comes from. Poverty areas dont have good schools.

We used to go to other schools and look around in amazement at the multiple levels, kick ass computer rooms, etc etc.
My wife grew up in a wealthy white community and she told me she cried when she visited my school district as part of a program that gave hand me down books from their schools to ours.

big deal

in the 1960's that was the norm from what
I can recall

It's not the book, it's the reader you stupid fucking pond scum( with my apologies to pond scum)

You're insane. Firstly any black that gets the same opportunity usually turn out good secondly you've clearly never been to a big ghetto or hood because their schools are far inferior to ours and this is where the crime comes from. Poverty areas dont have good schools.

Those schools are inferior? Funny how the district where I live just built 14 new high schools in a 15 high school district. The only one that didn't get a new one had been done just a few years prior to the project beginning. That means even the schools in the areas where more poverty exists got a new one same as those where poverty isn't on the same level.

Perhaps you should know what you're talking about before you repeat the tired old Liberal talking points that simply aren't true. In 20 years, those schools in the ghetto areas are bound to look much like the housing in those areas. That's not the fault of anyone but those that attend those schools.

By the way, the desks for each of the schools was the same, the books they use are the same, the level of education needed to teach is the same, etc. They are the same whether you want to use that as an excuse or not.

the students leave much to be desired

Hati isnt the US.

Well of course it isn't.
What has that got to do with Black Americans being treated better here than some other countries?
But they arent treated better here. Thats the point of the OP. Black Americans are treated better everywhere else but here.

Yes they are treated better in America.
I don't see any of them living in little cardboard shacks like a lot are in Africa, just bad housing apartments around some areas of the country.
They have nice clothes, they have TV's, refrigerators, microwaves, video games and accesses to washer and driers, heat and running water and indoor bathrooms.
Many Blacks around the world do not have any of the above.
Show me one African American living in a cardboard shack in Africa.

That is the point
No African American is living in a cardboard shack in America or Africa.
Where someone lives has nothing to do with their treatment.. That was a side argument you made up that had nothing whatsoever to do with the point.

We used to go to other schools and look around in amazement at the multiple levels, kick ass computer rooms, etc etc.
I went to one of Detroit's top ten worse schools up until 4th grade. The fuck blacks get the same education in the hood.

Those schools are inferior? Funny how the district where I live just built 14 new high schools in a 15 high school district. The only one that didn't get a new one had been done just a few years prior to the project beginning. That means even the schools in the areas where more poverty exists got a new one same as those where poverty isn't on the same level.

Perhaps you should know what you're talking about before you repeat the tired old Liberal talking points that simply aren't true. In 20 years, those schools in the ghetto areas are bound to look much like the housing in those areas. That's not the fault of anyone but those that attend those schools.

By the way, the desks for each of the schools was the same, the books they use are the same, the level of education needed to teach is the same, etc. They are the same whether you want to use that as an excuse or not.
Must be a huge difference between Detroit and your poor neighborhood. What city do you live in?

Schools only have as much money as citizens pay taxes.

Sounds to me like your city has poor areas and rich and the poor kids are benefitting from the taxes the rich people pay. In Detroit every neighborhood is poor. No rich detroiters helping out the poorer ones.

This does happen in the burbs though. Poor trailer park kids went to school with us.

I suspect you have no idea what a real poor ghetto is like. Typical white racist.

Should we just stop arresting them for breaking the law? Would this really be better.

I dont like it that the guy ran from the cop but to shoot him 5 times in the back?

Clearly we aren't hiring the best and brightest to be cops. A lot of racist ex jock white guys with guns and a badge.

Do we want it to be legal for cops to shoot someone running away? Maybe if that's the law no one will fight or run from the cops. Let them be judg cop and executioner?

I want people to stop running and fighting cops but I want cops to use better judgement. Better hiring and training too. Its a god damn profession be professional and less military.

If they'll shoot blacks who run we're next. I dont like all these black citizens being killed but blacks need to learn to respect and obey the law. Why you running?

Should we just stop arresting them for breaking the law? Would this really be better.

I dont like it that the guy ran from the cop but to shoot him 5 times in the back?

Clearly we aren't hiring the best and brightest to be cops. A lot of racist ex jock white guys with guns and a badge.

Do we want it to be legal for cops to shoot someone running away? Maybe if that's the law no one will fight or run from the cops. Let them be judg cop and executioner?

I want people to stop running and fighting cops but I want cops to use better judgement. Better hiring and training too. Its a god damn profession be professional and less military.

If they'll shoot blacks who run we're next. I dont like all these black citizens being killed but blacks need to learn to respect and obey the law. Why you running?

clearly, there are multipe aspects involved in this most recent shooting in SC (i.e it's never a good idea to run from a cop, just increases the charges, subsequent jail time, and chances of bonding out - not to mention getting run down, beaten, or as was evidenced in this case, getting killed).

ultimately, however, we must take a stand against cops taking lethal action in cases like this (i.e. he should have either run the guy down and cuffed him, or simply put out a search warrant on him - the guy simply was not a"threat" to anyone, including the cop who shot him).

given that focus, we must also ask ourselves honestly whether the cop would have taken the same action if the suspect had been white - for that matter, would he have even pulled him over for a busted tail light to begin with)?

i don't know all the answers, but i do know in this case, i witnessed a senseless murder, based on the video, and it raises a multitude of questions and concerns about acceptable policing tactics in a civilized society.

clearly, there are multipe aspects involved in this most recent shooting in SC (i.e it's never a good idea to run from a cop, just increases the charges, subsequent jail time, and chances of bonding out - not to mention getting run down, beaten, or as was evidenced in this case, getting killed).

ultimately, however, we must take a stand against cops taking lethal action in cases like this (i.e. he should have either run the guy down and cuffed him, or simply put out a search warrant on him - the guy simply was not a"threat" to anyone, including the cop who shot him).

given that focus, we must also ask ourselves honestly whether the cop would have taken the same action if the suspect had been white - for that matter, would he have even pulled him over for a busted tail light to begin with)?

i don't know all the answers, but i do know in this case, i witnessed a senseless murder, based on the video, and it raises a multitude of questions and concerns about acceptable policing tactics in a civilized society.
I agree except the part where you say a guy running from the cops isnt a threat. Could he be so desperate he might take a hostage?

Not defending the cop but let's just say running might lower the $ amount in the civil suit. As a juror I'd put some of the blame for this on the runner.

All people of all races and ethnicities are basically the same, they only really differ by culture. However, some cultures are more disadvantageous than others, in other words some cultures are superior. A superior culture provides its members with a higher standard of living, more freedom and greater safety and security than others cultures. Any culture that does not promote hard work, education, knowledge, planning and saving for the future and obeying the rules will produce more people that will be disadvantaged. How would you classify the culture of most intercity communities?

I mean like they've been living in the U.S since the 17th century and are treated so bad so much tragic things happend trayvon martin, Michael brown,little kid shot in ohio who had a bb gun and etc, just a few days ago a college student got beat really bad for having a fake id. yes I know black on black crimes happen but this country if they weren't treated this bad it probably wouldn't happen

If blacks think it is so bad in America why don't they move back to Africa?

Probably because life in America as a "victim of racism " is still a thousand times better than living in Africa with Africans.

The Anthropology of Apologetics

I saw this gangsta-rap video on American TV featuring two mock urban African-American street gangs dueling with water-guns (instead of real weapons).

We can think about how behavior presentation affects our view on etiquette analysis.

:afro:

Gangsta Rap (Wikipedia)

water-pistol.jpg

I mean like they've been living in the U.S since the 17th century and are treated so bad so much tragic things happend trayvon martin, Michael brown,little kid shot in ohio who had a bb gun and etc, just a few days ago a college student got beat really bad for having a fake id. yes I know black on black crimes happen but this country if they weren't treated this bad it probably wouldn't happen

Forum List

Back