Why America Needs Mitt Romney

We aren't out there defending America's interests, we are out there defending the interests of Exxon and Wal-Mart to keep the free trade and oil flowing. And the rest of the world is getting a free ride on our taxpayers.

Joe B. You know I agree with you. However, you are starting to sound as deranged as I do about Bush. :cuckoo:

JKWY.

No, he's really not. He's actually one of the more level-headed posters on the board. People just disagree with him a fair amount of the time, and then get pissy when he doesn't melt with them (see: Starkers, Fake.)

One of the few lelgitimate functions of government is to protect trade. Did you think the government was to provide for the poor?

He'll be a figurehead, pure and simple.

romney.jpg

That's better than obongo...

No, it's really not. Ya goob.

Nancy Reagan endorses Mitt Romney

Nancy Reagan met with GOP candidate Mitt Romney at her home in Los Angeles. They had cookies and lemonade and she offered her "firm endorsement."

5/31/12
By NBC's Garrett Haake

SAN DIEGO, Calif. -- Former First Lady Nancy Reagan became the latest Republican heavyweight to officially endorse Mitt Romney's presidential bid this afternoon after a meeting at her home in Los Angeles.

"Mitt and Ann Romney joined me at my home this afternoon for some lemonade and cookies and I offered my firm endorsement of his campaign for President," Mrs. Reagan, 90, said in a statement. "Although I know he will not be the official nominee of the Republican Party until August in Tampa, Florida, I am thrilled that after Tuesday's primary he is the clear choice, having won the magic number of 1,144 convention delegates."

The former first lady, who met with all the Republican presidential candidates prior to the NBC/Politico debate at the Reagan library last September, said former President Ronald Reagan would have liked Romney's personal background as well.

"Ronnie would have liked Governor Romney's business background and his strong principles, and I have to say I do too. I believe Mitt Romney has the experience and leadership skills that our country so desperately needs, and I look forward to seeing him elected president in November," Mrs. Reagan's statement said.

First Read - Nancy Reagan endorses Mitt Romney

Bill Clinton defends Mitt Romney's time at Bain: Does that help Obama?

By Liz Marlantes, Correspondent / June 1, 2012

Former President Bill Clinton's praise of MItt Romney's business career seemed to deliberately undercut the Obama campaign's attacks. So why did he do it?

Why did Bill Clinton do it? We're referring, of course, to the former president's comments on CNN Thursday night, when he essentially cut the legs out from under the Obama campaign's attacks on Mitt Romney's record at Bain Capital.

Here's what Mr. Clinton said, vis-a-vis Mr. Romney's career at Bain: “I don’t think we ought to get in a position where we say this is bad work. This is good work."

And he went on: “There’s no question that in terms of getting up and going to the office and, you know, basically performing the essential functions of the office, a man who’s been governor and had a sterling business career crosses the qualification threshold.”

Bill Clinton defends Mitt Romney's time at Bain: Does that help Obama? - CSMonitor.com

Nancy Reagan endorses Mitt Romney

Nancy Reagan met with GOP candidate Mitt Romney at her home in Los Angeles. They had cookies and lemonade and she offered her "firm endorsement."

5/31/12
By NBC's Garrett Haake

SAN DIEGO, Calif. -- Former First Lady Nancy Reagan became the latest Republican heavyweight to officially endorse Mitt Romney's presidential bid this afternoon after a meeting at her home in Los Angeles.

"Mitt and Ann Romney joined me at my home this afternoon for some lemonade and cookies and I offered my firm endorsement of his campaign for President," Mrs. Reagan, 90, said in a statement. "Although I know he will not be the official nominee of the Republican Party until August in Tampa, Florida, I am thrilled that after Tuesday's primary he is the clear choice, having won the magic number of 1,144 convention delegates."

The former first lady, who met with all the Republican presidential candidates prior to the NBC/Politico debate at the Reagan library last September, said former President Ronald Reagan would have liked Romney's personal background as well.

"Ronnie would have liked Governor Romney's business background and his strong principles, and I have to say I do too. I believe Mitt Romney has the experience and leadership skills that our country so desperately needs, and I look forward to seeing him elected president in November," Mrs. Reagan's statement said.

First Read - Nancy Reagan endorses Mitt Romney
Can anyone really be surprised that Nancy supports the republican candidate?

Mitt Romney's in It to Win It

6/19/12 By Ebben Raves

Mitt Romney will beat President Obama in this fall's election, most likely by a substantial margin. There. I said it. I may have a plate full of hat in my future, but I doubt it.

Pundits will give you the usual reasons for a Romney victory, but it all boils down to two things: first, Romney took the time to build an organization and second, and most important, he wants to win. Tea Party patriots and constitutional conservatives would be smart to learn a lesson from this.

While many conservatives were swooning over the latest firebrand candidate to carry their cause, Romney was already running out the clock before the game even started. Since before the 2008 election, he has been steadily building a campaign Team, networking, collecting endorsements and raising money. He knew how the system worked and used it to his advantage. The Tea Party movement has only been in existence since 2009, and then made the mistake of not coalescing behind a single candidate early enough in the race to counter Romney. We swung for the fences and struck out. Team Romney took walks, stole bases, hit singles and scored runs. The lesson that needs to be taken from this is that the Tea Party must start building their bench right now in order to have one of their own win the presidency. Although there are some admired personalities, none of them possessed what it took to beat Romney.

Some may point to Obama's meteoric rise from obscurity and argue that all it takes is a well run campaign and a weak opponent to win. This would be a false argument. You would have to discount the fact that the Democratic Party has shifted to a party run by the far left in all its forms: elitist intellectuals, communists, crony capitalists, and race baiters. The mold was poured and Obama fit perfectly. He was the one they were waiting for.

---

Read more: Articles: Mitt Romney's in It to Win It

6/19/12 By Ebben Raves

Mitt Romney will beat President Obama in this fall's election, most likely by a substantial margin. There. I said it. I may have a plate full of hat in my future, but I doubt it.

Pundits will give you the usual reasons for a Romney victory, but it all boils down to two things: first, Romney took the time to build an organization and second, and most important, he wants to win. Tea Party patriots and constitutional conservatives would be smart to learn a lesson from this.

While many conservatives were swooning over the latest firebrand candidate to carry their cause, Romney was already running out the clock before the game even started. Since before the 2008 election, he has been steadily building a campaign Team, networking, collecting endorsements and raising money. He knew how the system worked and used it to his advantage. The Tea Party movement has only been in existence since 2009, and then made the mistake of not coalescing behind a single candidate early enough in the race to counter Romney. We swung for the fences and struck out. Team Romney took walks, stole bases, hit singles and scored runs. The lesson that needs to be taken from this is that the Tea Party must start building their bench right now in order to have one of their own win the presidency. Although there are some admired personalities, none of them possessed what it took to beat Romney.

Some may point to Obama's meteoric rise from obscurity and argue that all it takes is a well run campaign and a weak opponent to win. This would be a false argument. You would have to discount the fact that the Democratic Party has shifted to a party run by the far left in all its forms: elitist intellectuals, communists, crony capitalists, and race baiters. The mold was poured and Obama fit perfectly. He was the one they were waiting for.

---

second, and most important, he wants to win.

Well hells bells! That's good enough for me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6/19/12 By Ebben Raves

---

second, and most important, he wants to win.

Well hells bells! That's good enough for me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kjh9lQXLWk]hells bells - YouTube[/ame]

:clap2:

Because the poor and middle class still have some money left..?
Mittens is gonna' continue what Obama's doing and what Bush did. Guaranteed.

Oh I have no doubt he'll be elected, I'm just wondering which one of his campaign promises he'll break first ala Bill Clinton.

Yes, I'm sure Romney will do what regular politicians do , but at least Romney is pro business and Obama isn't.

I think Romney can fix this economic mess. He certainly has the EXPERIENCE to do it--in fact he has a RECORD of doing it.
Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh I have no doubt he'll be elected, I'm just wondering which one of his campaign promises he'll break first ala Bill Clinton.

Yes, I'm sure Romney will do what regular politicians do , but at least Romney is pro business and Obama isn't.

I think Romney can fix this economic mess. He certainly has the EXPERIENCE to do it--in fact he has a RECORD of doing it.

There are people who worked for AmPad, GS Steel, DDi Instruments, Damon Medical and other companies who would disagree... as all Romney did was loot their companies while they lost their jobs.

Massachusetts was 47th. out of 50 in job creation when Mittie was governor. Give your brain a break and try thinking for once.

Romney vows to ease some immigration rules

6/22/12 By Matt Viser

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Mitt Romney sought to broaden his appeal among Hispanic voters Thursday afternoon, recasting some of the hard-line positions he took during the heated Republican primary race on the divisive topic of immigration.

The former Massachusetts governor, calling immigration reform “a moral imperative,” said he would help immigrants reunite with their families and would allow more temporary work visas. Immigrants who earn advanced degrees at an American university would also earn a green card. And he reiterated support for providing legal status to immigrants in the military.

At the same time, he vowed to complete a 2,000-mile fence along the border to keep illegal immigrants out.

The speech was a significant departure from the blunt rhetoric Romney adopted during the Republican primary race, when he said illegal immigrants should go through “self-deportation” and leave the United States. At the time, he also criticized rivals Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich for policies seen as friendly to immigrants, and he said he would veto the Dream Act, which would create a path to citizenship for young illegal immigrants.

“We can find common ground here, and we must,” Romney said Thursday before a gathering at Walt Disney World by the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials. “We owe it to ourselves as Americans to ensure that our country remains a land of opportunity – both for those who were born here and for those who share our values, respect our laws, and want to come to our shores.”

---

Mitt Romney offers immigration proposals in speech before Latino group - The Boston Globe

Is Mitt Manning Up?

July 12, 2012 By Victor Volsky

Watching the strange lassitude that engulfed the Republican presidential campaign around the Independence Day break, one couldn't help wondering: where was the Mitt Romney of the primaries, Mitt the Terrible? That Mitt Romney, vigorous and ruthless, who had attacked his rivals with gusto, displaying the proverbial fire in the belly that should power any presidential aspirant? At times he was even a bit too nasty, paying the price in public perception.

But nearly all the political pros watching from the sidelines nodded approval: he did what he had to do. All's fair in love and war, and while love is a scarce commodity in the public square, politics is war by other means, inverting Carl Clausewitz's sage observation. In short, we saw a fighting Mitt, and conservatives thought they had reason to believe that, having destroyed his Republican foes, he would tear into Barack Obama like a junkyard dog

--

But at long last, Mitt Romney, it seems, has seen the light and started pushing back at least on the "outsourcing" accusation. It's about time! Vince Lombardi, who knew something about winning, famously said, "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Romney should fight for his dream like he really means it, overcoming his reluctance and matching Obama's attacks blow for blow.

George Bush didn't deign to respond to the underhanded attacks from the left, believing it beneath his dignity to defend himself. It proved to be his most grievous blunder. As a civilian, he had every right to follow the dictates of his conscience and behave any way he pleased. As president, he had no right to turn the other cheek and let his enemies control the national discourse. Bush sacrificed his presidency on the altar of his lofty principles -- and did irreparable harm to the country in the process.

Don't emulate him, Mitt. I'm sure glad to see you finally manning up -- and so are the legions of conservative voters who want nothing better than to see the old, combative Mitt take on Obama for all the marbles.

Read more: Articles: Is Mitt Manning Up?

Forum List

Back