Why Allow Gun Ownership?

It illustrates the difficulty in getting a machine gun. Consequently there are very few out there

It ought to be that difficult to own assault rifles for the same reasons. They are far too dangerous. Even cops are afraid of them
What you call an "assault" rifle is nothing but a commonplace semiautomatic rifle like any other on the market that has been available to civilians for over a century.

Relying on a handgun to take down a bear is foolhardy. It takes a very, very well-placed shot to kill a bear. You wouldn't want to try to kill a brown or grizzly bear with a .357 magnum. I know I've seen someone try...
I am sure bears are invading your home.

What you call an "assault" rifle is nothing but a commonplace semiautomatic rifle like any other on the market that has been available to civilians for over a century.
Semiauto rifles are weapons of war...just like machine guns

Semiauto rifles are weapons of war...just like machine guns

So what?

Shotguns are used in wars too but you're OK with them. Revolvers have been used in wars but you're OK with them

The fact is there are hundreds of millions of semiautomatic rifles in the hands of civilians and yet all types of rifles and shotguns are used in 2% or less of all murders.

I am sure bears are invading your home.

Um... what?
There are people who go hunting with handguns. Personally, I wouldn't, but there are people who do it. And some people, like the poster I was responding to, apparently think a handgun is adequate defense against a bear.

It ain't...

So what?

Shotguns are used in wars too but you're OK with them. Revolvers have been used in wars but you're OK with them

The fact is there are hundreds of millions of semiautomatic rifles in the hands of civilians and yet all types of rifles and shotguns are used in 2% or less of all murders.
But look what those assault rifles can do in terms of damage to humans when used like they were in Buffalo...Euvalde...Parland...Sandy Hook

Um... what?
There are people who go hunting with handguns. Personally, I wouldn't, but there are people who do it. And some people, like the poster I was responding to, apparently think a handgun is adequate defense against a bear.

It ain't...
There are people who go hunting with A-15s too. About as smart

The reference to a hand gun was as a last resort in the case that you hit a bear with a rifle and can't bring him down and he takes offense

There are people who go hunting with A-15s too. About as smart

The reference to a hand gun was as a last resort in the case that you hit a bear with a rifle and can't bring him down and he takes offense

When it comes to protecting myself from a bear I'd rather have a trash can, some rocks and a billy club so I could make as much noise as possible.

Bears fucking hate that noise, and a gun doesn't make enough of, continuously, to be bothered by it. We once chased a bear away from our campsite with ladles and pots and pans...

So what?

Fascists like Lesh aren't okay with ANY guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens. Semiautos are just their first step on the path to total prohibition. It's not like we haven't seen this before...

But look what those assault rifles can do in terms of damage to humans when used like they were in Buffalo...Euvalde...Parland...Sandy Hook
An AR 15 does no more damage than any other semiautomatic rifle that fires the same round.

Forum List

Back