Why AGW must be wrong.

Jared Diamond did a very good chapter on the Greenland Colony in his book "Collapse". Were you to read it, and other real histories of the era, you would find that nothing that you have stated is true. At the best of times, that colony was marginal.

And they died out because they refused to recognize that the way they were living was not sustainable. The same lesson that we are currently refusing to learn.

They were living in a marginal area to begin with, where the warming and cooling of temperatures over time made a huge difference, I do agree with that. but, it WAS caused by the natural cycles.
So your point being?

A natural cycle that they did not adjust to doomed them and their children to death.

A manmade climate change that we refuse to recognize or prepare for can do the same for our culture.

Until you can tell me how we have gone from ice age, to global warmimg over, and over, through millions of years. I'm not going to believe that in the last 130 years it has become Man made global warming. Hell, no one can even put a digit on what the correct temperature is suppose to be. So don't try to sell your goods with me.

Now add in the variable and unpredictable nature of the magnetosphere....

By all means, when you write you climate model, include MHD in it.

Now add in the fact that roughly 332 million cubic miles of water don't warm or cool overnight......

:clap2: Wow, what a groundbreaking discovery. I'm sure the climate modelers didn't include any equations of heat exchange in their models, you must be the first to think of it.

Now add in the fact that CO2 is a mere trace element in the atmosphere and that the change in concentration of a paltry .01% is statistically infinitesimal....

Please - do this - make a model without man made CO2 in it that accounts for the warming. No one else has been able to. You'd be the first. Do it.

The fact that everything is moving in space......

WOW. There's no way the scientific community was already aware of this. You are the first to know it.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Great. You're clearly a genius. That whole thing about everything moving in space was really deep. So why don't you run off and write a climate model simulation that accounts for warming without man-made CO2, or shut-up?

Like I said, there are so many variables to account for, that any mere human who can claim that they've taken them all into consideration can't be doing anything but lying out their ass.

No one ever claimed all variables were taken into account, that's preposterous. All the variables are not taken into account in ANY AND ALL SCIENCE. So I guess by your genius logic scientific progress should halt.

You asked for a way to falsify AGW. I provided you a method. And all you do is whine and bitch.

Until you can tell me how we have gone from ice age, to global warmimg over, and over, through millions of years.

A short list of natural causes for warming and cooling (not intended to be an exhaustive list)

Warming periods can be caused by solar maxima, lack of volcanic activity, reduction of vegetation.

Cooling periods can be caused by solar minima, volcanic activity, and increase in vegetation.

Next question please.

The ecosphere of the planet is not now, nor has ever been, self-consistent.

What the fuck does that even mean?
It means you're vainly (and lets be honest here.....AGW science fiction is all about human vanity) trying to nail down a definitive set of data over an ecosystem whose primary trait is its lack of definitiveness.

Or: What is the "perfect" temperature for the Earf?

It means you're vainly (and lets be honest here.....AGW science fiction is all about human vanity) trying to nail down a definitive set of data over an ecosystem whose primary trait is its lack of definitiveness.

No I'm not. Climate model results come with error estimates, as do measurements of climate variables itself. That's not a definitive set of data.

I'm waiting for you falsify AGW. I've told you how. Are you going to do it or just whine?

Until you can tell me how we have gone from ice age, to global warmimg over, and over, through millions of years.

A short list of natural causes for warming and cooling (not intended to be an exhaustive list)

Warming periods can be caused by solar maxima, lack of volcanic activity, reduction of vegetation.

Cooling periods can be caused by solar minima, volcanic activity, and increase in vegetation.

Next question please.

Your post could also answer the reason we had global warming for the last 30 years.

There you have it...."Settled science" isn't a definitive set of data.....:rofl:...Like I said already; totally bogus and deceptive semantics.

BTW....I'm whining about nothing.

So, what's the "perfect" temperature for the planet?

There is no perfect temperature.

Are you going to stop posting here and get to work falsifying AGW, are you just going to keep saying stupid things?

Next question please.

Your post could also answer the reason we had global warming for the last 30 years.

No, none of those factors account for the recent warming. But Dude is fast at work on what will be the first global climate model to account for the warming without man made CO2.

There you have it...."Settled science" isn't a definitive set of data.....:rofl:...Like I said already; totally bogus and deceptive semantics.

Are you going to stop posting here and get to work falsifying AGW, are you just going to keep saying stupid things?

If there is no perfect, or correct temperature, how can you give a reference point for global warming?

Next question please.

No, none of those factors account for the recent warming. But Dude is fast at work on what will be the first global climate model to account for the warming without man made CO2.

You don't know if those factors account for the warming, or not. There is no data to back your assumption.

Well, we know for damned sure that when the temperture starts a positive feedback that very negatively impacts agriculture, that we are seeing an imperfect temperature.

Meister, you are playing a childrens semantics game. And that game concerns the future of the children of tomorrow. I doubt that it is a concern of yours, however.

Are you going to stop posting here and get to work falsifying AGW, .....
Whether you choose to admit it or not, I just did.

You have no fixed point for reference....No reproducible static control, hence no reproducible results in proper context.

Bubba, all you have an overly elaborate version of Piltdown Man.

Well, we know for damned sure that when the temperture starts a positive feedback that very negatively impacts agriculture, that we are seeing an imperfect temperature.

Meister, you are playing a childrens semantics game. And that game concerns the future of the children of tomorrow. I doubt that it is a concern of yours, however.

No, I'm not, I'm using some common sense in your fear mongering, rocks.
I'm saying that we don't control what the Earth has been doing for a billion years or more.

Well, those damn Vikings and their industrial polution heated the earth so much that Greenland had trees and foliage a thousand years ago and they had a colony there that is now under ice...oh wait, they didn't have industry a thousand years ago.

Greenland still has trees and foliage.
Perhaps you need to reread the entire post captain.

Well, those damn Vikings and their industrial polution heated the earth so much that Greenland had trees and foliage a thousand years ago and they had a colony there that is now under ice...oh wait, they didn't have industry a thousand years ago.

Jared Diamond did a very good chapter on the Greenland Colony in his book "Collapse". Were you to read it, and other real histories of the era, you would find that nothing that you have stated is true. At the best of times, that colony was marginal.

And they died out because they refused to recognize that the way they were living was not sustainable. The same lesson that we are currently refusing to learn.
Actually what I said is 100% true.

Face it, nobody knows why their are temperature fluxuations, there is no real proof that the changes are 'man made'.

Last edited:

If there is no perfect, or correct temperature, how can you give a reference point for global warming?

The choice of reference point is irrelevant to the question of whether or not temperatures are rising.

The choice of reference point is irrelevant to the question of whether or not temperatures are rising.

Which by past history is a very natural occurence.

Forum List

Back