Why ACA/Obamacare Will Never Be Repealed

The reason the Republicans fear Obama Cares is that they know that once the law if fully in place, people will like it.

People like higher Taxes?

People like stagnate growth of small business?
You know the ones that have 45-49 employees that may never expand because of Obamacare

People like Companies shipping jobs overseas?
Again because of Obamacare

People like being forced to buy something they may not want?

People like higher Insurance Costs?
This will happen now, trust me

68 percent of Americans are opposed to the mandate. That's a number the triangulating prevaricators in Congress cannot ignore.

Your rant was a false dilemna. Obamacare is not the only possible solution to our problems.

However, if Romney does not adequately articulate what the other alternatives are, then he will get seriously spanked.

And so far, Romney sucks at articulating anything. He is the most evasive speaker I have seen in a coon's age.

You are right that babbling on about freedom and liberty is evidence of shallowness and cluelessness. If the parroting mob cannot decribe in detail an alternative solution, they will get lose. Again.

Anyone can bitch. Coming up with real workable answers takes intelligence and effort.

I am not hopeful the GOP will pull its head out of its ass in this respect.

If they want me to vote, they better.

The GOP will overreach. Old habits die hard. :badgrin:

Most Americans like the individual parts of the ACA...they don't make the connection. GOP, repeal parts of het ACA at your own risk.

I think it's all about raising money from the gullible right now.

I've already invented a bumper sticker for the limited intellectual bandwidths in the GOP: IT IS NOT A RIGHT, IT IS A TAX. REPEAL OBAMACARE.

Okay...then what?

If the Right does not think beyond repeal, and does not offer up a workable alternative, the Right will be soundly bashed and we will be stuck with ObamaCare forever.

High stakes.

1. Raise the retirement age. We are living longer, we should be working longer. 6 percent of Americans were over 65 when the retirement eligiblity age was set at 65. Today, 12 percent of Americans are over 65. The life expectancy was 60 then. It was not expected that everyone would draw from Social Security. That's why it was called Social Security Insurance. Life expectancy is 78 now and it has become an entitlement.

Raise the eligiblity date to 70, not even to life expectancy, and Americans will pay into Medicare and SS for five more years and draw out five less years. That will have a huge impact on bending down the healthcare cost curve.

2. Eliminate Employer-Provided Health Insurance. It drives the cost of medical care up. Not only that, it is income that is tax exempt. To make matters worse, Obama personally raised the tax-exemption ceiling from $18,000 to $27,000 so that labor union Cadillac plans would not be taxed. Yet he has the balls to say not raising taxes on the rich is costing the rest of us money!

3. Make health insurance the same as home, auto, and life insurance. You should be able to pick up the phone and call any insurance company in the country. And you should be able to pick and choose what coverage options you want.

There are plenty of other ideas which will bend the cost curve down.

Stop focusing on Obama's golf game and bring your A-game, conservatives.
get all of that...on your bumper stickers?

:lol:

No. God won the American Revolution. And the more you mock and ignore His hand in the events around you, the more you will tighten the nooses around your own neck. You will face judgment and your causes will come for naught.

Everytime I take a shit I wipe with a page from a bible. Healthy, and feeling great.

No. God won the American Revolution. And the more you mock and ignore His hand in the events around you, the more you will tighten the nooses around your own neck. You will face judgment and your causes will come for naught.

Everytime I take a shit I wipe with a page from a bible. Healthy, and feeling great.

It's a miracle!!!

somebody call the Pope!!!

It's a miracle!!!

somebody call the Pope!!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, neg rep from grampa

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!

:clap2:

Okay.... So , who's to say that God didn't have a hand in passing the Affordable Healthcare Act and moving the SCOTUS to rule it constitutional? What if you right wing religious hacks have it all wrong? What if God isn't on your side?

There is history on the side of this argument. There is also common sense. All people being helped by the act who would then lose coverage, would become life long GOP haters. Think of all the progressive and liberal programs throughout history (USA History). Name a program that was popular with a large segment of the population, that was repealed?

The ACA/Obamacare is helping families right now. It was smart politics to push for parts of it being put into effect piecemeal. Try taking those parts away and then getting reelected. :badgrin:

What reasons do you know of why the act would be repealed or will not be repealed? and forget the bumper sticker speak about liberty and freedom. Those are not politically coherent arguments.

See? Romney and the GOP are lying when they say they will, or even can, repeal the ACA

nuf said
:cool:
dD

you are 100% correct. there is zero chance any of it is repealed.

There is history on the side of this argument. There is also common sense. All people being helped by the act who would then lose coverage, would become life long GOP haters. Think of all the progressive and liberal programs throughout history (USA History). Name a program that was popular with a large segment of the population, that was repealed?

The ACA/Obamacare is helping families right now. It was smart politics to push for parts of it being put into effect piecemeal. Try taking those parts away and then getting reelected. :badgrin:

What reasons do you know of why the act would be repealed or will not be repealed? and forget the bumper sticker speak about liberty and freedom. Those are not politically coherent arguments.

See? Romney and the GOP are lying when they say they will, or even can, repeal the ACA

nuf said
:cool:
dD
Stupid potus, stupid law, stupid voters who voted for the fool.

The GOP will overreach. Old habits die hard. :badgrin:

Most Americans like the individual parts of the ACA...they don't make the connection. GOP, repeal parts of het ACA at your own risk.

I think it's all about raising money from the gullible right now.

I've already invented a bumper sticker for the limited intellectual bandwidths in the GOP: IT IS NOT A RIGHT, IT IS A TAX. REPEAL OBAMACARE.

Okay...then what?

If the Right does not think beyond repeal, and does not offer up a workable alternative, the Right will be soundly bashed and we will be stuck with ObamaCare forever.

High stakes.

1. Raise the retirement age. We are living longer, we should be working longer. 6 percent of Americans were over 65 when the retirement eligiblity age was set at 65. Today, 12 percent of Americans are over 65. The life expectancy was 60 then. It was not expected that everyone would draw from Social Security. That's why it was called Social Security Insurance. Life expectancy is 78 now and it has become an entitlement.

Raise the eligiblity date to 70, not even to life expectancy, and Americans will pay into Medicare and SS for five more years and draw out five less years. That will have a huge impact on bending down the healthcare cost curve.

2. Eliminate Employer-Provided Health Insurance. It drives the cost of medical care up. Not only that, it is income that is tax exempt. To make matters worse, Obama personally raised the tax-exemption ceiling from $18,000 to $27,000 so that labor union Cadillac plans would not be taxed. Yet he has the balls to say not raising taxes on the rich is costing the rest of us money!

3. Make health insurance the same as home, auto, and life insurance. You should be able to pick up the phone and call any insurance company in the country. And you should be able to pick and choose what coverage options you want.

Nope. That is why I am not hopeful. The brain dead zombies currently controlling the GOP are not capable of comprehending any of it, much less articulating it without tripping over their tongues. If you can't squeeze it onto a bumper sticker, you're fucked when it comes to the modern Republican. I bet six of them nodded off reading my post.

Okay...then what?

High stakes.

Nope. That is why I am not hopeful. The brain dead zombies currently controlling the GOP are not capable of comprehending any of it, much less articulating it without tripping over their tongues. If you can't squeeze it onto a bumper sticker, you're fucked when it comes to the modern Republican. I bet six of them nodded off reading my post.

The people who control the GOP have been using conservatives and Christians and others. their agenda has always been about the courts.

The Courts have become corporate allies. This has been a plan since at least the early seventies

Forum List

Back