Who's Who....rightwinger

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
rightwinger
member since 2009

syrenn: Hello rightwinger. Thank you for being a Who's Who. From your avatar, which has always amused me and custom title are you a Honeymooners fan or just a Ralph Kramden fan?

rightwinger: Actually, I have always been a Honeymooners fan since watching it every night when I was a kid (WPIX New York). But that has nothing to do with my avatar.
Shortly after joining the board, I was involved in a heated discussion with two of our rightwing posters. They started mocking me that I worked in a sewer. So, I figured working in a sewer is nothing to be ashamed of and Ed Norton was the only sewer worker I knew so I replied to them with the Norton avatar. I have kept it ever since.

syrenn: So you really are a sewer worker in real life? That is one tough job you have and nothing to be mocked for. How did you find yourself in that profession? What was the most interesting thing you have ever found in the swear system?

rightwinger: No, of course not. I am a retired government employee which was one of the reasons I was being mocked as a "Sewer Worker" I just decided that if they were going to call me a sewer worker for working in the government, I would own it

syrenn: LOL. Alright, I get it now. For a moment I thought you were telling me that you were in fact a sewer worker. Are you enjoying your retirement and having fun, or is it driving you crazy not "working"

Rightwinger: I lasted about 8 months in retirement. For some reason, my wife hated me being under foot and I was cramping her style. I work as a consultant now

syrenn: Funny how that works out isn’t it? Is there anything on your bucket list that you would really enjoy doing now that you have the time?

rightwinger:
Well, after my first attempt at retiring, I went with my wife on a two week tour of Europe (It was also our 30th anniversary). I would still like to see more of Europe as well as Alaska, South America maybe China

We bought a second house which will be more of a retirement/vacation house. It is on the water and we have a sailboat moored offshore

syrenn: WOW, you are a busy man. Congratulations on 30 years of marriage. That is quite an accomplishment now a day. Do you have any secrets to such a long lived relationship?

rightwinger:
That is a tough one. Like any relationship, you have your ups and downs. I guess it takes a lot of tolerance, understanding and looking at things from your partners’ perspective. I have a great wife and love her to death

syrenn: After 30 years and still being in love is quite an accomplishment. Whatever you are doing you are doing it right.

You seem to enjoy traveling the world. What do you like to do the most when you travel?

rightwinger: I love history. Love to visit Civil War battlefields and local historical sites. Just driving down the road, I like to pull over and read the historical markers. Many do not seem like much, but to the people in that area, in that time, they were a big deal.

syrenn: What is not to love about history? Civil war sites can be quite amazing places. I think they whisper to us. Have ever been to the battlefield reenactments or collect memorabilia?

rightwinger: I did a genealogical study of my family. I found a great uncle who was in the union cavalry, was captured and spent time in a confederate prison (Libby Prison) and was in Fords Theater when Lincoln was shot. My son and I have retraced some of his Civil War battlefields. I bought a Civil War Cavalry Saber for my son for Christmas a few years back.

syrenn: What an interesting and rich family history you have. Were you drawn to the Civil War history from a young age or did the genealogical study spark your interest? I think family histories are amazing, how far were you able to go trace back in your history.

rightwinger:
I became interested in visiting civil war sites when my son got older and we visited sites with the Scouts. Mostly we went to Gettysburg because it was close. As he got older we started hitting more and more sites.
I was able to trace my family back to 1800 in Ireland. Before that, I never knew we were Irish.

syrenn: Family histories are a wonderful thing. If your future relatives were searching their past and found you, what would you want them to find and know about you? Are there any funny stories you would want to stay well hidden in the past?

rightwinger: I would point them to this board

syrenn: Oh my, now that would be interesting.

Thank you rightwinger for sharing a bit of yourself and being part of the Whos Who on USMB

http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/rightwinger.html

And for a follow-up question, Mr. rightwinger, what's the difference, in your expert opinion, between a sewer worker and a gubmit employee?

I will take your answer off the air.

And for a follow-up question, Mr. rightwinger, what's the difference, in your expert opinion, between a sewer worker and a gubmit employee?

Modern societies can not function without sewer workers

They can't function without government employees either

Modern societies can not function without sewer workers

They can't function without government employees either

that's all fine and dandy until people see the Guberment employees have it made a lot better by living off them than they do

Everyone knows I do not really work in a sewer

I am a paid internet poster

I liked your avatar better when it didn't show the rest of the ladder, so the left 2x4 looked like a giant "woody"...I thought that was why you used it.

That would be deceptive advertising....

In reality, I am told I am hung like a hamster

and here you swore me not to post that part of the interview......... :lol:

Forum List

Back