Who's the most honest?

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
Now I fully expect that this is going to rather quickly digress into "BENGHAZI!!!", and"But...the emails!!!". That, or a diatribe about how fact checkers aren't, and they just hate Trump, Republicans, and conservatives, in general. But, here it goes.

An article from Politifact. An interesting read. Now, Trump has been making a lot of political hay, at his rallies, and press conferences with "LYIN' Hillary!" But, who, since the beginning of the campaign has actually been caught in more lies by the fact checkers, Hillary, or Donald?

Well, according to politifact, after 650 fact checks of the candidate - 158 of them Trump, and 120 Clinton, so can't even claim that Hillary just hasn't been checked as much - Trump has made 65 statements that were false, and another 30 that were "Pants on Fire" outright lies. Meanwhile, 48 of Clinton's statements have been deemed "Mostly True", with another 16 that are true. Only 15 of her fact checked statements have been found to be false, and a whole whopping one was a "Pants on Fire" lie.

That's 60.13% of Trumps statements that have been either untrue (allowing for the possibility of an error, rather than intentional prevarication), or "Pants on Fire" lies, compared to Clinton's 13.33%.

Now, considering this information on who tells the most lies, the fact that 64% of likely voters still perceive Clinton as "Untrustworthy" in recent polls rather demonstrates how effective Republicans are at crafting the narrative. I mean, don't get me wrong. That same poll also indicates that 64% of likely voters think that Trump is untrustworthy, too. However, considering how much more demonstrably dishonest Trump is, there should be a rather large disparity in those trust perceptions. Yet, there isn't. That speaks volumes of the ability to shape the narrative of the Republicans.

I rather think Democrats need to find a way to change this, or it could be trouble down the road.

I think a lot of people can see that Hillary is two faced. It's not that inaccurate statements come out of her mouth as much as that they can't trust who she is. When the camera is off, there is no audience, Hillary is not the person she pretends to be. There's a difference between that and inaccurate statements, and it is fundamentally untrustworthy. Trump is more genuine. He may be telling a bunch of absolute falsehoods up there, but he is definitely being who he is. Hence all the screaming about his many, many statements...

I think a lot of people can see that Hillary is two faced. It's not that inaccurate statements come out of her mouth as much as that they can't trust who she is. When the camera is off, there is no audience, Hillary is not the person she pretends to be. There's a difference between that and inaccurate statements, and it is fundamentally untrustworthy. Trump is more genuine. He may be telling a bunch of absolute falsehoods up there, but he is definitely being who he is. Hence all the screaming about his many, many statements...
Yes...he's genuinely dishonest. How do you reconcile "he is more genuine" with the fact that he demonstrably lies more than any other candidate? Isn't being honest a requisite for "being genuine"?

Who's the most honest...Trump or Clinton?

Who's the most fiscally sound...Lehman Brothers or Long Term Capital Management?

Which is the most humorous...cancer or AIDS?

Who's the most intellectual...Beevis or Butthead?

Which feels the best...third degree burns or being skinned alive?

Last edited:

Liberals don't mind liars, adulterers, or any other deviant who takes up the mantle of Progressivism.

All that matters is power.

How does one go from "dead broke" in 2001 to being worth $111 million a few years later by being honest, without inventing the iPhone?

Liberals don't mind liars, adulterers, or any other deviant who takes up the mantle of Progressivism.

All that matters is power.
Except that the "Liberal" candidate has been demonstrably more honest that the "Conservative" candidate. That rather flies in the face of your inaccurate observation, doesn't it?

Trump has been demonstrably more dishonest than Clinton.
"More dishonest".

Ahhhh, that old timey moral relativism we have come to know and expect from liberals for so long.

Last edited:
How does one go from "dead broke" in 2001 to being worth $111 million in 2016 by being honest?
Asking questions, based on your own pre-conceived notions, does not alter the facts. Trump has been demonstrably more dishonest than Clinton.
Can't answer the question, eh? It's a legitimate one.
No, it's not. I don't know how. Because I am not a financial expert. You still have not explained how that question negates the fact that Trump has, statistically, been demonstrably more dishonest than Clinton.

How does one go from "dead broke" in 2001 to being worth $111 million in 2016 by being honest?
Asking questions, based on your own pre-conceived notions, does not alter the facts. Trump has been demonstrably more dishonest than Clinton.
No, it's not. I don't know how. Because I am not a financial expert. You still have not explained how that question negates the fact that Trump has, statistically, been demonstrably more dishonest than Clinton.

Can you point us to this statistical study you are referencing?

Last edited:
"More dishonest".

Ahhhh, that old timey moral relativism we have come to know and expect from liberals for so long.
The majority of Clinton's statements have been true, while the majority of Trump's have not. That is a demonstrable fact. You can dismiss it, if you like, that doesn't stop it from being a fact.

You only demonstrate what I said in my OP. You do not carte about the facts, or reality; only about the narrative that conservative media has very effectively crafted.

Can you point us to this statistical study yu are referencing?
I did in my OP.

"More dishonest".

The majority of Clinton's statements have been true, while the majority of Trump's have not. That is a demonstrable fact. You can dismiss it, if you like, that doesn't stop it from being a fact.

You only demonstrate what I said in my OP. You do not carte about the facts, or reality; only about the narrative that conservative media has very effectively crafted.

you are just making a fool of yourself in this thread. Better quit while you are behind.

"More dishonest".

Less crooked. Not as evil. Doesn't lie as much.

Would you put any of that on your resume and still expect to be hired?

"I don't steal as much from the places I work for as Bernie Madoff did."

"More dishonest".

you are just making a fool of yourself in this thread. Better quit while you are behind.
How? What have I said that is not accurate? Demonstrate how the statistical data provided in the OP is inaccurate.

"More dishonest".

How? What have I said that is not accurate? Demonstrate how the statistical data provided in the OP is inaccurate.

sorry, but the burden of proof is on the one making the claim. Simply posting a blog comment does not prove anything.

But, as I said, you are free to make a fool of yourself on this message board, go for it.

Forum List

Back