WHO'S racist? Here's a secret

The Dems and Repubs have evolved their philosophy over time, oddly, swapping sides in the question of liberalism.
Yes, the Repubs were Abolitionists, and opposed by the Dems, but this ancient history is totally irrelevant, and, as noted above, the Repubs are now the party of xenophobia and fear.
A lie.

:lol:

No, not a "lie".

Do you think the brand-new Republican Party was "conservative", back in 1854?

How about the Democratic Party back then? Were they "liberal"?

The Dems and Repubs have evolved their philosophy over time, oddly, swapping sides in the question of liberalism.
Yes, the Repubs were Abolitionists, and opposed by the Dems, but this ancient history is totally irrelevant, and, as noted above, the Repubs are now the party of xenophobia and fear.
A lie.

No, not a "lie".

I think that neither party ideologically are today what they were then.

It is a lie.

A lie.

No, not a "lie".

It is a lie.

Of course. But going by the textbook definitions, so to speak - which party then would more closely fit the term "conservative", and which would more closely fit "liberal"?

A lie.

No, not a "lie".

It is a lie.

Of course. But going by the textbook definitions, so to speak - which party then would more closely fit the term "conservative", and which would more closely fit "liberal"?
I don't really care. It is ALWAYS a mistake to try and judge or compare the values of one era to another. What we find wrong today would not be considered wrong then. In a hundred years, what we consider wrong now may be perfectly acceptable.

Except for Gilbert Godfrey. That is universally wrong.

A lie.

No, not a "lie".

It is a lie.

I don't really care. It is ALWAYS a mistake to try and judge or compare the values of one era to another. What we find wrong today would not be considered wrong then. In a hundred years, what we consider wrong now may be perfectly acceptable.

Of course you're right.

I wonder why you didn't bother pointing that out to the OP, though.

A lie.
How so? It’s the party of white people trying to keep America white. Own it

No, not a "lie".

It is a lie.

Of course you're right.

Because I'm tired and frustrated that the sublimation printing I'm trying to do with My new printer isn't working and I have more research to do to figure out why. Plus I've had two beers and three fingers of some really good Jamison whiskey.

I guess I'm saying I don't care and shouldn't have even commented. lol

A lie.
Talking points are so telling, don't you think?

No, not a "lie".

It is a lie.

Of course you're right.

Because I'm tired and frustrated that the sublimation printing I'm trying to do with My new printer isn't working and I have more research to do to figure out why. Plus I've had two beers and three fingers of some really good Jamison whiskey.

I guess I'm saying I don't care and shouldn't have even commented. lol

Fair enough.

A lie.

No, not a "lie".

Modern liberalism took the label "liberal" for themselves.

The Founders called themselves "liberal". They were free market capitalists. They were anti slavery in principle. They believed in MINIMAL federal government. They believed in the traditional definition of marriage. They intended America to be a country of white Christian Europeans. They believed in the right of the people to carry guns for self defense without permission of the government.

A lie.

No, not a "lie".

The Founders called themselves "liberal". They were free market capitalists. They were anti slavery in principle. They believed in MINIMAL federal government. They believed in the traditional definition of marriage. They intended America to be a country of white Christian Europeans. They believed in the right of the people to carry guns for self defense without permission of the government.

As the terms were originally defined as political terms, "conservative" was a reaction to liberalism, which itself was a byproduct of the age of enlightenment.

Liberalism was about something new - an ideology where individuals and individual rights were sovereign - and conservatism was a reaction against that.

A lie.
Talking points are so telling, don't you think?
Hey I’m a liberal who agrees. We don’t need more poor Africans, mexicans or muslims coming here. Seriously don’t be a puss own it. You have the right to want to preserve your way of life but let me warn you it’s like trying to get the younger generation to do it the way you did it growing up. We can never go back. Your neighbors aren’t the smiths their the gonzaleses

A lie.

No, not a "lie".

As the terms were originally defined as political terms, "conservative" was a reaction to liberalism, which itself was a byproduct of the age of enlightenment.

Liberalism was about something new - an ideology where individuals and individual rights were sovereign - and conservatism was a reaction against that.

Just a s liberalism has devolved into Progressivism, Conservatives have devolved into the GOP. True conservatives are very close to the Classical Liberal. Progressivism is vile stupidity.

A lie.

No, not a "lie".

Just a s liberalism has devolved into Progressivism, Conservatives have devolved into the GOP. True conservatives are very close to the Classical Liberal. Progressivism is vile stupidity.

None of those words really mean anything anymore.

No, not a "lie".

None of those words really mean anything anymore.

Hmmm...that's hard to disagree with.

The Founders called themselves "liberal". They were free market capitalists. They were anti slavery in principle.
George Washington was anti slavery in principle? But pro slavery in practice. There's a word for that.

Forum List

Back