Who's Most to Blame for Condition of US Economy? NYT/CBS Poll

Who is most to blame for the condition of the US economy?

Bush Administration 26%
Wall Street 25%
Congress 11%
Obama Admin 8%
All the above 7%

The poll also reveals some interesting statistics about the president and congress.

President Obama's approval/disapproval rating is 47/44%

Meanwhile, Congress' approval/disapproval rating is 20/70%

CBS News/NYT Poll: 6/29/11 - CBS News

Congress had better get it's act together because, it looks to me like the Republican Congress will get the blame if the debt ceiling isn't raised and there's a risk of either a default or a downgrading of America's credit rating, which, by the way, would cause interest rates to rise and put America even deeper in the hole.

of course a New york times CBS poll will show a high blame Buooooosh percentage

Of course FOX NEWS will blame everything on Obama... even shit that happened before he was in office.

But when you only listen to one source... especially one that Proclaims themselves to be the only worthy source of news... when in fact, they are the right wing version of MSNBC... MSNBC doesn't claim to be anything than what they are... But Fox wants everyone to believe that they are the ONLY legitimate source and everything else out there is the "liberal media".

I still can't believe you guys fall for that.

God, with all this political humor coming down the pipes, I wont have any problem creating more outlandish political parody videos on my you-tube channels. Right now I am working on a parody called"The Fat Ed Show",,,,this is gonna be so friggin funny!!! but wont be ready till late August.....but I will let u all know when its ready.

It shows how retarded so many Americans are.

Obama has been president for 2 1/2 years and the democraps are still blaming their economic disaster on Pres Bush.
And, as the poll shows, most Americans still blame it on Bush too.

Oh look... a bull shit thread about partisan hacks who wrote a partisan hack article about a partisan hack poll.... ho - hum.... nothing new here... :eusa_whistle:

While a majority of people don't blame Obama for the mess we're in, I'm sure they fully intend to hold him accountable (along with Congress) to do what's necessary to help get us OUT of this mess.

This is it exactly, and this is why the GOP is trying to prevent improvements in the economy. They know if the economy gets better, Obama wins re-election. If it doesn't, the GOP wins. This was the tactic leading up to the elections of 2010 and this is why the GOP did as well as they did. People were pissed that the economy wasn't better. They didn't blame Obama or the Dems in Congress for causing the mess, but they held them accountable for not fixing it better and faster. Same will happen in 2012 to the GOP in the House if they don't get their act together.

While a majority of people don't blame Obama for the mess we're in, I'm sure they fully intend to hold him accountable (along with Congress) to do what's necessary to help get us OUT of this mess.

This is it exactly, and this is why the GOP is trying to prevent improvements in the economy. They know if the economy gets better, Obama wins re-election. If it doesn't, the GOP wins. This was the tactic leading up to the elections of 2010 and this is why the GOP did as well as they did. People were pissed that the economy wasn't better. They didn't blame Obama or the Dems in Congress for causing the mess, but they held them accountable for not fixing it better and faster. Same will happen in 2012 to the GOP in the House if they don't get their act together.

Aaaaahh... hey... DontBeStupid.... aaaahh... DON'T BE STUPID!

Bush did what Bush did, and the kenyan inherited a shitty economy. He then proceeded to make it TENS TIMES WORSE, and he's still doing it. He is taking his marching orders from his greatest money man supporter and the one responsible for getting him elected, george soros, and he is INTENTIONALLY ruining the dollar. That is what soros wants him to do, and that is what he's doing.

Wake the fuck up and smell the coffee. obama is nothing more than a pathetic little lop eared, purple lipped socket puppet, usurper and a fraud.

Voting conservatives back into power is our only hope. Thank God most people can see that. The kenyan and his radical, NWO, mentally ill liberal shit stain minions need their asses kicked to the curb.

Last edited:
Congress had better get it's act together because, it looks to me like the Republican Congress will get the blame if the debt ceiling isn't raised and there's a risk of either a default or a downgrading of America's credit rating, which, by the way, would cause interest rates to rise and put America even deeper in the hole.

That the GOP is seriously threatening to allow this to happen is madness.

Aaaaahh... hey... DontBeStupid.... aaaahh... DON'T BE STUPID!

Bush did what Bush did, and the kenyan inherited a shitty economy. He then proceeded to make it TENS TIMES WORSE, and he's still doing it. He is taking his marching orders from his greatest money man supporter and the one responsible for getting him elected, george soros, and he is INTENTIONALLY ruining the dollar. That is what soros wants him to do, and that is what he's doing.

Wake the fuck up and smell the coffee. obama is nothing more than a pathetic little lop eared, purple lipped socket puppet, usurper and a fraud.

Voting conservatives back into power is our only hope. Thank God most people can see that. The kenyan and his radical, NWO, mentally ill liberal shit stain minions need their asses kicked to the curb.

Actually.. most people DON'T see things the way you Shiite Republicans do. You just THINK they do because you guys are the ones screaming the loudest.

That the GOP is seriously threatening to allow this to happen is madness.

Even the act of brinksmanship (giving the appearance of being willing to allow it to happen in the hope of getting a deal more to their liking) is dangerous since our what the members of Congress do and say every day is being so closely watched by our creditors. Getting a deal out of the way early with a minimum of fanfare would reassure our creditors. This brinksmanship makes them all nervous. And statements, behavior and actions taken by members of Congress which causes credit markets to be nervous is not something our leaders should be cavalier about.

Last edited:
The NY Times are notorious Obama/Democrat Butt-Sniffers. Can't take their Polls too seriously anymore. There was a time i could,but that time has now passed. They went All-In for the Democrats many years ago. Too much bias there now. This Poll is meaningless.

I consider NY Times Polls no different than Moveon.org & HuffyPoop Polls. Somehow i doubt any of them are going to come up with a positive Poll for Republicans. The NY Times sold out to the Democrats a long time ago. And CBS had Dan Blather so i'm not interested in their Polls either. Too much bias to take them seriously.

Avory, only Christie (who won't run, so far) and Romney (who the doinks of the far right hate) can beat Obama. I would vote for either in a heartbeat. The TPE and their running dogs want to destroy the GOP. All parasites like them often weaken their host. That is what the TPE et al are doing to the party.

Oh, so am I not 'far right' any more?

Idiot.

Bush Administration 26%
Wall Street 25%
Congress 11%
Obama Admin 8%
All the above 7%

The poll also reveals some interesting statistics about the president and congress.

The first problem is it is a cbs/nyt poll, no credibility. The next it is squarly the dimwits fault due to the housing market collapse due to their policies. Also, this is what you get when everybody wants a one world economy, the rest of the world falls, we fall. Idiots.

The point is pretty clear. Despite all the talk radio ranting and raving, and the Internet wailing and whining about how bad Obama is, it's clear that he's STILL more popular than Congress. Additionally, the general public STILL blames the Bush administration for the current state of the economy over Obama by better than a 3-1 margin.

You know what I think? I think that Americans in general are tuning conservatives out after years of listening to exaggerated claims and emotionally-charged rants on every subject under the sun.
Prove the general public blames Bush? You can't. Another tie. Dimwits fault period!!!!

I consider NY Times Polls no different than Moveon.org & HuffyPoop Polls. Somehow i doubt any of them are going to come up with a positive Poll for Republicans. The NY Times sold out to the Democrats a long time ago. And CBS had Dan Blather so i'm not interested in their Polls either. Too much bias to take them seriously.

Well... IF you consider it... I guess it's Gospel, isn't it? Little full of yourself there slick?

Bush Administration 26%
Wall Street 25%
Congress 11%
Obama Admin 8%
All the above 7%

Congress is 11%. But the damage happened when Republicans were in charge of both houses. That means the US blames the Republicans by more than 70%. The other 30% writes on this board.

The Republicans in this conservative town blame the Republicans for the mess. I find that all over the South as I travel. The leaderships locally and regionally are trying to throw off the Tea Party folks, because they know the TP will cost them election after election.

Forum List

Back