Who's Most to Blame for Condition of US Economy? NYT/CBS Poll

The republican party and Bush held back the protections in the GLBact for years.

They held up the very parts of the bill that would have kept theis mess from forming.

There is a mountain of blame for this on the republican side.

The republican party and Bush held back the protections in the GLBact for years.

They held up the very parts of the bill that would have kept theis mess from forming.

There is a mountain of blame for this on the republican side.

Heaps.

And the coals are going to burn them...soon.

SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers
Eight Years After Passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Key Provisions Will Now Be Implemented
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190
Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2007 - Ending eight years of stalled negotiations and impasse, the Commission today voted to adopt, jointly with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board), new rules that will finally implement the bank broker provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. The Board will consider these final rules at its Sept. 24, 2007 meeting. The Commission and the Board consulted with and sought the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Thrift Supervision.

Why did it take Bush's SEC so many years to finalize these laws?

Avory, only Christie (who won't run, so far) and Romney (who the doinks of the far right hate) can beat Obama. I would vote for either in a heartbeat. The TPE and their running dogs want to destroy the GOP. All parasites like them often weaken their host. That is what the TPE et al are doing to the party.

Avory, only Christie (who won't run, so far) and Romney (who the doinks of the far right hate) can beat Obama. I would vote for either in a heartbeat. The TPE and their running dogs want to destroy the GOP. All parasites like them often weaken their host. That is what the TPE et al are doing to the party.

none of them can beat obama.

That is not false bravado its comman sense.

Once its one on one the record of the repoblican partys blind following of Bush at every lev el of the government right up until he CRASHED THE WORLD ECONOMY will be pointed out endlessly.

Its what you all did and everyone knows it

I dono anything about Christie other than he is popular (probably because he won't run) but Mitt is a moron, that's just how I feel. Anyone can beat Obama because anything is possible. Anyone who makes predictions as to who will win is a fucking idiot. Obama's numbers are crap and getting worse all the time, mainly because the economy is getting worse.

Oddly polls only mean so much, you have to excite your base, get them out and vote and this will be the big challenge for Obama, his base is crumbling due to an identity crisis. The Dem party is literally a mirror image of the Bush era politics.

none of them can beat obama.

That is not false bravado its comman sense.

Once its one on one the record of the repoblican partys blind following of Bush at every lev el of the government right up until he CRASHED THE WORLD ECONOMY will be pointed out endlessly.

Its what you all did and everyone knows it

TM is making her rounds to all the boards to make the Democrat party look as stupid as humanly possible, we thank you for this TM.

the New York Times/CBS poll is as credible as Joy Blowhard's adult diapers.

Far more credible than your opinion.

crying.gif

Zing!!!

I dono anything about Christie other than he is popular (probably because he won't run) but Mitt is a moron, that's just how I feel. Anyone can beat Obama because anything is possible. Anyone who makes predictions as to who will win is a fucking idiot. Obama's numbers are crap and getting worse all the time, mainly because the economy is getting worse.

Oddly polls only mean so much, you have to excite your base, get them out and vote and this will be the big challenge for Obama, his base is crumbling due to an identity crisis. The Dem party is literally a mirror image of the Bush era politics.

Christie is no longer popular in his home state. In fact, many of the new Republican governors who took control of the reigns of gov't have fallen from grace. That includes Gov Kasich of OH, Gov Walker of WI, and Gov Scott of FL.

It shows how retarded so many Americans are.

Obama has been president for 2 1/2 years and the democraps are still blaming their economic disaster on Pres Bush.

Hopefully this does show a trend away from the rhetoric of the right towards a more centered approach to the issues.

"Trickle-down" economics turned out to be "piss on us" economics. We can see the effects of following the economic advise of the neo-cons, we're living it and it's time people saw it for what it is, redistribution of wealth.

Hopefully this does show a trend away from the rhetoric of the right towards a more centered approach to the issues.

"Trickle-down" economics turned out to be "piss on us" economics. We can see the effects of following the economic advise of the neo-cons, we're living it and it's time people saw it for what it is, redistribution of wealth.

Amen.

It shows how retarded so many Americans are.

Obama has been president for 2 1/2 years and the democraps are still blaming their economic disaster on Pres Bush.

I think that the poll shows that people, in general, have started to tune out the rhetoric of the right. Despite all the RW talk radio hosts who blather on regarding the talking points they receive daily from the RNC (yeah, that's been going on for years), and the echo chamber where one conservative commentator regurgitates what other conservative commentators have supposedly "reported" on other shows.

Republicans have adopted an absolute obstructionist tactic at a time of national economic trouble. They've placed THEIR electoral interests and desire to regain power above their responsiblity to serve their constituents and the American people as a whole. America will NOT be very forgiving if Republicans ride America's full faith and credity off the rails just like they did when Newt was Speaker of the House back in the '95 and '96, and he precipitated the gov't shut down.

Forum List

Back