Whoops For Hypocrisy of Al Gore

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm putting this in politics, while I've yet to find their agenda, there must be one. This is too good to ignore however:

http://www.tennesseepolicy.org/main/article.php?article_id=367

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    so.... let's glorify people who post personal and private information about citizens in the press - AND REPOST IT! - as long as it suits OUR political agenda?

How droll.

What could be next? hidden camera telefoto lens videos of the Bush's having nasty butt sex? Maybe we could post the names of the presciption medications YOU are taking? That would be appropriate too.

I work for the power industry and customer usage data is confidential information, Methinks this is bullshit, but regardless, it is really tacky.

3. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
  4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    So you are cool with the likes of Gore, Streisand, etc. bitching to us about global warming while they spend this much on lighting, heating, private jets, limos, etc.? Oh my, MM, your politics are hypocritical if that is the case.

I at least admitted that there might be an agenda within the post. You don't even bother.

5. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    are you okay with me posting private and confidential information about anyone with whom I disagree politically?

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Al Gore chose over 30 years ago to be a public figure. You know the answer to the rest, as I came to the defense of private information before.

If what had been posted about you was your service to the UN, which had been reported in other venues, the poster would not have been banned.

There is a difference between outing Al Gore's electric bill, when he won an Oscar for denigrating waste and Maineman's employment as a civilian, retired from the military. Get it?

7. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572

I don't think that anyone's electric bill should be public knowledge...just like I don't think that anyone's medical history should be public knowledge or their credit history or anything else that is considered confidential.

and don't think for a moment that I do not sincerely appreciate your actions on behalf of MY privacy..... is Al Gore not due the same?

Like I said.... I doubt the accuracy and validity of this report in any case... any electric company employee who gave out that information just lost their job and the electric company is open to a law suit...it smells funny to me.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Actually as ugly as it may be, 'public figure' means just that, to the media. Ask anyone at FOX, CBS, NBC, Whitehouse, etc. Just be glad you are not in that. Gore is, with his book, movie, and possible candidacy.

9. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    In my industry, the fact that someone is a "public figure" does not make their usage data any less confidential. that's a fact.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Well obviously not by that electric company. Not a thing to be done about that. With that said, you haven't a problem with his usage vs. messages to the 'rest of us peons?'