Whole New Meaning For Non-Traditional Families

I think this judge made the absolute correct decision. This woman signed a piece of paper, two actually if you include the birth certificate, where she named this man as the father of her child. Now, when she decides she doesn't like him, she wants to simply ignore those two papers and take the only father her son has ever known away from him. Clearly this man has taken both financial and emotional responsibility for this boy. I would look at this as akin to adoption.

acludem

I am going to have to agree with the judge i think. They entered into a contract. he has probably taken care of the kid most of the childs life. i think they need something alittle more concrete than "i dont like him" to change that.

Minus the legal issue, I have a friend in exactly the same situation.

Lived with a woman and her infant for 6 years, She taught the boy to call him daddy. then she wanted out of the relationship, suddenly he's not "Daddy" but "Rick", and he doesn't have a dad. Although she still accepts child support he offers, she doesn't cash the checks. Now she's moving from DC to Kentucky with the child, and he intends to follow leaving behind friends, career and school.

She isn't openly hostile, hasn't said don't follow us. Lets him see the kid.
So far my best advice to him has been, " I don't know, Rick. I think you're fucked."

fubar said:
So far my best advice to him has been, " I don't know, Rick. I think you're fucked."

I think you're right.

It sounds like your friend is a very noble person, but he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on.

Cases like this are a good argument for traditional marriage.

I think the judge has mae a wise decision also. i think he should get the visitation,and maybe the biological dad should be made to support the child. I also think the mothe is selfish for trying to take away the only dad the child has ever known.

Forum List

Back