Who Wrote Dreams From My Father?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Angel Heart, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    More...

2. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,307
    It's obvious that Obama became the Messiah at age 33. Here is a website devoted to Obama "The Messiah":

Is Barack Obama the Messiah?

I pray to Obama 5 times a day and send at least 10% of my hard-earned income to his campaign. I hope you do the same.

3. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,111
    It was obviously ghost written.

I can't imagine BHO writing a book all those aaahhhs and uuummmms would drive an editor nuts.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I've not a clue to whether or not he wrote two autobiographies before age 40. What is confusing is he really hadn't accomplished much until after those were written. One would think that someone so reflective and determined to share these ideas through published works, would be an open person.

So why does he or his surrogates prevent the telling of his years and records at the universities? Why not explain how he was admitted to Harvard? Give the details on his associates in Chicago and Illinois Senate years?

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I think it's a case of "blinded by Obama love", which the media and many voters suffer from.

Re: who wrote "Dreams of My Father": Also take a look at what he (or whoever) SAYS in the book about RACE. Obama is Not, Not, Not a wholesome 'post-racial' hipster, by his own admission. He sought to shed his white side, become black, and nurse hard resentments toward whites. Check out Phyllis Schlafly's column on this.

6. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    No, it's there if you want to read it.

Go to thatone08.com

I guess graduating from Harvard with honors is nothing. Any Harvard graduates out there want to comment on that?

He worked his way up the ladder. I guess that's also nothing?

7. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    How did he 'work' his way up? I live in Chicago area, saw his 'work.' Not too successful there, which btw, was prior to Harvard. His lack of candor was noticed before and after state legislature run, loss, win. That he was opportunistic was also noted and some of his ties with strange associates also noted, way back when he was asked about first running, I brought these issues up, around 2 years ago. That he was being credited for legislation that Meeks wrote, pushed, and passed, was also noted. That's not 'work.'

8. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    I think I'm confused.... is this obviously right wing website insinuating that because Obama hadn't written a book BEFORE his first book, that somehow that shows he couldn't have written Dreams of my father?

I, personally find this rather amusing, being a person who has never written a book in my life nor do I have any professional writing experience or training but I have been told by many people that I have a gift for writing and should become a writer. Some people have the ability to put pen to paper and have their message and intent flow out like water down a stream. It takes no special training or education to be a writer, that's called editing. It is about being able to know what you want to say and being able to express yourself through written word.

It's also interesting that this American Thinker website would find it strange that it took Obama five years to write this book. If it had been written in one or even two years, I might see their point, but FIVE? That's not exactly a record breaking pace now is it.

It seems that this is the climate we live in. The attacks on Obama's thin association with Ayers aren't working, no one cares about Rev Wright anymore and Rezko has said Obama did nothing wrong... so next step say he couldn't have written his book on his own.

Painting him as a liar isn't working. but it is fun to watch you guys try.

9. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    This guy's ability to write was so obvious that he was the editor of the Harvard Law review, folks.

But do keep grasping at straws, won't you?

I find your empty heading whining about such nonsense music to my ears.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. MasterChief

MasterChief Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Did Obama write it or did he use a ghost writer is not important item about the book. What is important is that he claims the book is a psychological reflection on race and inheritance. Okay--I'm willing to take him at his word. Hence, for me what is important is what he says and what he doesn't say.