Who won the debate tonight? Obama or Romney?

Who won the debate tonight? Obama or Romney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So this strategy, I assume his campaign had planned for Obama to talk directly into the camera, or to the moderator instead of talking directly to Romney, didn't work for me. The debate was not between Obama and the American people, it was between Obama and Romney, so in my opinion, Obama should have been looking directly at Romney when countering or replying to a question.

It was clear to me that Obama does not like to debate, he does not like to be questioned or criticized and it showed last night.

As far as theatrics, Romney was far ahead. He looked almost manic at times.

But the lies. He may have a euphoria tonight, but tomorrow, the next day, the debates will be scrutinized and he will be asked about his positions tonight compared to his positions over the last 18 months. Mitt has the "flip flop" and "etch a sketch" labels for a reason.

So feel good tonight. It won't last.

Exactly...

Romney's problem is that he's actually taken JakeSnarkey's advice. He's trying to rush to the center and hoping nobody is going to remember his five years of engaging in right wing nutbaggery....

The media won't let him get away with it. Not for long.

Was Romney ever anything but in the center? You libshits tried to portray him as a Conservative. Conservatives always knew what they were getting with Romney.

Wipe the sniffles, pull up you skirt and live to fight another day, crybaby. Don't wait for the lamestream media to carry your water.

Obama's problem is he can NEVER, man-up!

Monoplizing the debate, romney won. Obama won on the facts he was allowed to get out before being interrupted by Lehrer and Romney. Debate may as well had been moderatored by FOXNEWS Hannity.

Last edited:
As far as theatrics, Romney was far ahead. He looked almost manic at times.

But the lies. He may have a euphoria tonight, but tomorrow, the next day, the debates will be scrutinized and he will be asked about his positions tonight compared to his positions over the last 18 months. Mitt has the "flip flop" and "etch a sketch" labels for a reason.

So feel good tonight. It won't last.

Exactly...

Romney's problem is that he's actually taken JakeSnarkey's advice. He's trying to rush to the center and hoping nobody is going to remember his five years of engaging in right wing nutbaggery....

The media won't let him get away with it. Not for long.

Was Romney ever anything but in the center? You libshits tried to portray him as a Conservative. Conservatives always knew what they were getting with Romney.

Wipe the sniffles, pull up you skirt and live to fight another day, crybaby. Don't wait for the lamestream media to carry your water.

Obama's problem is he can NEVER, man-up!

Oh, please, Romney's been rushing to the right for the last 5 years... appealling to the nutbags. I never really believed it, frankly. You know how I can tell when a Mormon is lying? His lips are moving.

But the point is, Romney said two big lies last night. That his tax plan will work. That no one with a pre-existing condition will have to worry about losing insurance. both are demonstrably wrong.

I have to call it a tie. Neither one gained or lost any ground, their bases will still vote for them, and neither did anything for the undecideds.

The moderation was nonexistent.

Romney was agressive, but not like a President, more like a jerk.

Obama was too quiet.

Romney loses points for factfail and flipflopping.

Obama loses points for being too boring. He did score against Romney on the $8trillion in new debt Romney would create.

Exactly.

That would explain all the jerks who loved it.

I have to call it a tie. Neither one gained or lost any ground, their bases will still vote for them, and neither did anything for the undecideds.

Obama was too quiet.

Obama loses points for being too boring. He did score against Romney on the $8trillion in new debt Romney would create.

Exactly.

:lol:...That settles it Barb, when Democrats are willing to settle for a tie.. You know Obama lost..:wink_2:

:lol:...That settles it Barb, when Democrats are willing to settle for a tie.. You know Obama lost..:wink_2:

I'll gladly concede that Romney won the debate. The challenger almost always wins the first debate. The incumbant is on the defensive. He has a record to defend. That's why it was foolish for Jimmy Carter to only agree to one debate in 1980.

Even Mondale won his first debate against Reagan, who looked tired and forgetful in 1984.

Clinton won his first debate against Bush-41. Kerry won his first debate against Bush-43. I think that the exception was Dole, who ran a fairly hapless campaign.

Later debates, the incumbant comes back stronger, because he has a better idea of what he's up against.

How much does that matter?

Not that much, really. There really aren't that many people who are going to say, "Well, yup, I was all for Obama until I saw Romney on that debate. What a dream-boat."

What I'd like to hear from is someone who said, "I was totally going for Obama, but now I'm giving Romney a serious look."

Also, as I point out, Romney looked good because he's trying to move away from the Tea Party, Rush Limbaugh, Angry Conservative and trying to look more reasonable.

How long will the media let him get away with it?

Romney IS a great con man/liar. That WAS obama's first debate in 4 years...

Obama IS a great con man/liar.

Your excuse of it being Obama's first debate in four years is pretty damn lame. Perhaps if he took questions from the press more often, he would have been better prepared for last night.

I'll gladly concede that Romney won the debate. The challenger almost always wins the first debate. The incumbant is on the defensive. He has a record to defend. That's why it was foolish for Jimmy Carter to only agree to one debate in 1980.

Even Mondale won his first debate against Reagan, who looked tired and forgetful in 1984.

Clinton won his first debate against Bush-41. Kerry won his first debate against Bush-43. I think that the exception was Dole, who ran a fairly hapless campaign.

Later debates, the incumbant comes back stronger, because he has a better idea of what he's up against.

How much does that matter?

Not that much, really. There really aren't that many people who are going to say, "Well, yup, I was all for Obama until I saw Romney on that debate. What a dream-boat."

What I'd like to hear from is someone who said, "I was totally going for Obama, but now I'm giving Romney a serious look."

Also, as I point out, Romney looked good because he's trying to move away from the Tea Party, Rush Limbaugh, Angry Conservative and trying to look more reasonable.

How long will the media let him get away with it?

Gladly...huh..I'll gladly rep you just for making me laugh

I like you grabbing at straws, it shows signs of insecurity..sorry about that...:D

It's way to early to tell how this will work out, Obama may wake up, man up and rise to the challenge but given his history, I kinda doubt it..:dunno:

Last edited:

I like you grabbing at straws, it shows signs of insecurity..sorry about that...:D

It's way to early to tell how this will work out, Obama may wake up, man up and rise to the challenge but given his history, I kinda doubt it..:dunno:

The Challenger always does well in the first debate just by virtue of showing up. Being on the same stage as an incumbant president elevates him... at least initially.

Now, I'm an old guy, and back when I used to be a lot more conservative than I am now, I remember the 1984 debate between Reagan and Mondale. Mondale was trailing badly, and when he debated Reagan, Reagan looked tired, confused and a little befuddled by the attacks. Or maybe he just got complacent. (Or maybe he was just a 73 year old guy who had survived a bullet hole to the chest and wasn't as vigorous as he used to be.)

Second debate, he was more prepared.

Like I said, you have your opinion, I have mine, and nothing that happened last night is going to change our votes.

I'd like to hear from someone who says, "I was leaning towards Obama, but I'm really considering Romney seriously now."

This morning I thought that democrats would say obama won no matter what, but tonight was so devastating, they can't.

Look, Romney looked great tonight. The aftermath of what he actually said may become a big problem for him though. In substance, Obama did more than hold his ground. There are two major points that Romney failed on miserably, although neither showed up immediately. The first is his tax plan. The Obama campaign is going to drill Romney on this, because his tax plan is completely flawed. Secondly, Romney said his healthcare plan would not prevent those with pre-existing conditions from being able to purchase insurance. Simply put, this is a complete lie. Under Romney's so called plan, anyone who goes without insurance for 90 days and has a pre-existing condition would not be able to find health insurance. So if you are unemployed for six months, then get a job that doesn't provide insurance and you need to get your own, well you'd be screwed.

Did we see the same debate? Because I thought Romney looked sick, nervous, more than a little hypertensive, and completely phony. Obama, to me, was the same, "No drama Obama" from 4 years ago, and every time he smiled when he was making notes to refer back to, it reminded me that he doesn't show all he has, especially right out of the gate.
You should try watching television sober, and political debates, which require a bit of independent thought, don't do well for people who have an altered reality.

The Challenger always does well in the first debate just by virtue of showing up. Being on the same stage as an incumbant president elevates him... at least initially.

Now, I'm an old guy, and back when I used to be a lot more conservative than I am now, I remember the 1984 debate between Reagan and Mondale. Mondale was trailing badly, and when he debated Reagan, Reagan looked tired, confused and a little befuddled by the attacks. Or maybe he just got complacent. (Or maybe he was just a 73 year old guy who had survived a bullet hole to the chest and wasn't as vigorous as he used to be.)

Second debate, he was more prepared.

Like I said, you have your opinion, I have mine, and nothing that happened last night is going to change our votes.

I'd like to hear from someone who says, "I was leaning towards Obama, but I'm really considering Romney seriously now."[/COLOR]

Well, that makes 2 of us so far...it's a start..:thup:

Romney IS a great con man/liar. That WAS obama's first debate in 4 years...

Obama IS a great con man/liar.

Your excuse of it being Obama's first debate in four years is pretty damn lame. Perhaps if he took questions from the press more often, he would have been better prepared for last night.
Perhaps if the press challenged him in any fashion whatever, he might have done better.

The truth is, he cannot debate based upon his record, his ideology is flawed and has a proven record of never working, so he is reduced to trying to recapture his 2008 rhetoric. But then, again, he runs smack into the wall of his rhetoric failing to do anything.

There are people here who will say Obama won regardless of what happened. If Obama didn't even show up at the debate, they would claim he won.

They are not worth anyone's time or effort.

:lol:

A4VXzxhCMAAKYdb.jpg

Bwhahahaha ROFLMAO! What a group of losers! Look at them.. they're like the fat kid in biology that narcked everyone out.. Like the bozo on the baseball field who takes his baseballs and bats home because everyone won't play by his rulez! They are the DORKUS 3 that NO ONE wanted to hang with.

Obama was too quiet.

Exactly.

:eusa_boohoo: Waaaaaaaaa Romney was aggressive.. He should have just sat there like the MAIN STREAM LIBERAL MEDIA and let Obama win..Not get tough! NO FAIR!!

Wow.. You Zombies are pathetic.

Obama was too quiet.

Exactly.

:eusa_boohoo: Waaaaaaaaa Romney was aggressive.. He should have just sat there like the MAIN STREAM LIBERAL MEDIA and let Obama win..Not get tough! NO FAIR!!

Wow.. You Zombies are pathetic.

These asswipes will "hang" with them.

Obama
Barb, Chris, courseofhistory, francoHFW, JoeB131, Lakhota, LilOlLady, MarcATL, Rinata, RosieS, Sallow, Sarah G, sfcalifornia

:D

Bwhahahaha ROFLMAO! What a group of losers! Look at them.. they're like the fat kid in biology that narcked everyone out.. Like the bozo on the baseball field who takes his baseballs and bats home because everyone won't play by his rulez! They are the DORKUS 3 that NO ONE wanted to hang with.

:lol:...Don't y'all worry your pretty little self, Missy, their used to lying.

They'll get their Obama talking points list and continue to amuse us...:D

Obama is a media created hype. He couldn't hide behind his teleprompter last night.. He couldn't have the Media run interference for him.. He couldn't have his campaign create 2 minute ads distorting Mitt's positions. It wasn't David Letterman who licks his buttcrack and asks for more. This totally inept man was shown for what and who he is. An Amateur who for 4 years has partied, played golf, and thinks all he had to go was just say WORDS and magically everything was ok. He's a Community Organizer but a President for Halloween. Go back to Chicago Barack Obama, you're clearly out of your league.

Forum List

Back