Who won the debate tonight? Obama or Romney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This morning I thought that democrats would say obama won no matter what, but tonight was so devastating, they can't.

Seriously, it feels a bit like the twilight zone with so many on the left not defending Obama as the winner.:lol:

That is because so many on the left see things as they are.

It was Obama's debate to lose. And while his performance was predictably bad, it does not make Romney any more convincing.

Last edited:
Debate #1 goes to Mit Romney, not because he did so good but because Barrack Obama did so poorly and watching the two men together tonight, it became quite evident that Romney is much smarter than Obama.

My personal feelings about the candidates are:

Romney - I don't particularly care for the guy because I view him as part of the problem rather than the solution.

Obama - The man is a racist and a Marxist who hates America and the sight of him makes me sick to my stomach.

Let it be known that my conclusions of tonight's debate was based solely on what I heard and observed and had absolutely nothing to do with my political views nor my personal feelings or opinions of the participants.

Romney? He's got that look:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THry-9wN1_Q&feature=player_embedded]Presidential Debate 2012: President Obama Warns Against Voucher Programs - YouTube[/ame]

Katt Williams pegged that look in 2008

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB5K8dEsNF8&feature=player_embedded]Katt Williams - (Haters) Stomach Virus Face - YouTube[/ame]

Could the contrast be any greater between Romney, who looted American companies and shipped their jobs overseas, only pays taxes at a 13% rate, stashes his money in the Cayman Islands to avoid U.S. taxes, and President Obama who saved GM and created 32 straight months of private sector job growth?

Obama is an economic patriot.

Romney is an economic traitor.

I hope you enjoyed watching obama lose the debate, hack.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVJbX2sb2WY]Loser - Ace Ventura - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I question the integrity of anyone that believes Obama won the debate.

In every way Romney won the debate. no question whatever..

580425_449588055085063_839256992_n.jpg

This morning I thought that democrats would say obama won no matter what, but tonight was so devastating, they can't.

Look, Romney looked great tonight. The aftermath of what he actually said may become a big problem for him though. In substance, Obama did more than hold his ground. There are two major points that Romney failed on miserably, although neither showed up immediately. The first is his tax plan. The Obama campaign is going to drill Romney on this, because his tax plan is completely flawed. Secondly, Romney said his healthcare plan would not prevent those with pre-existing conditions from being able to purchase insurance. Simply put, this is a complete lie. Under Romney's so called plan, anyone who goes without insurance for 90 days and has a pre-existing condition would not be able to find health insurance. So if you are unemployed for six months, then get a job that doesn't provide insurance and you need to get your own, well you'd be screwed.

Listened to the debate on the radio. Obama sounded unprepared and weak. I do think he held in his own in the ideological battle, made his points and came off as respectable. Romney sounded the best I've ever heard him and hammered all his points effectively. However the substance of a lot of what Romney was saying will be a major point of contention as he flip-flopped and said a lot of bullshit. No real home runs or knock out punches from either side. It was about what I expected, a bunch of political jive that really didn't mean much. But in the swim suit portion of the election tonight, I give Romney the edge.

Last edited:

Look, Romney looked great tonight. The aftermath of what he actually said may become a big problem for him though. In substance, Obama did more than hold his ground. There are two major points that Romney failed on miserably, although neither showed up immediately. The first is his tax plan. The Obama campaign is going to drill Romney on this, because his tax plan is completely flawed. Secondly, Romney said his healthcare plan would not prevent those with pre-existing conditions from being able to purchase insurance. Simply put, this is a complete lie. Under Romney's so called plan, anyone who goes without insurance for 90 days and has a pre-existing condition would not be able to find health insurance. So if you are unemployed for six months, then get a job that doesn't provide insurance and you need to get your own, well you'd be screwed.

Did we see the same debate? Because I thought Romney looked sick, nervous, more than a little hypertensive, and completely phony. Obama, to me, was the same, "No drama Obama" from 4 years ago, and every time he smiled when he was making notes to refer back to, it reminded me that he doesn't show all he has, especially right out of the gate.

Did we see the same debate? Because I thought Romney looked sick, nervous, more than a little hypertensive, and completely phony. Obama, to me, was the same, "No drama Obama" from 4 years ago, and every time he smiled when he was making notes to refer back to, it reminded me that he doesn't show all he has, especially right out of the gate.

You should try living in the real world sometime.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5y68ErffgM]Ignorance is Bliss - Scene from the Matrix - YouTube[/ame]

Simple question. Not looking for debate, discussion, etc. just the poll...

Barb, Chris, courseofhistory, francoHFW, Lakhota, MarcATL, Rinata, RosieS, Sallow, Sarah G

^ These people are lying to themselves.

Just as they have to lie to themselves everyday to continue to support obama.

I'm a little shocked to see Barb, Sallow, and even Sarah G up there.

Chris, fanco, lakhota and Rinata are just Two fucking dumb.
And Marc is a racist, so his view of obama won't change unless he strings up a darky.

Barb, Chris, courseofhistory, francoHFW, Lakhota, MarcATL, Rinata, RosieS, Sallow, Sarah G

And Marc is a racist, so his view of obama won't change unless he strings up a darky.

A darky? WHO is a racist?

A darky? WHO is a racist?

lame

seriously, I had no idea you were this capable of lying to yourself.

You should try living in the real world sometime.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5y68ErffgM]Ignorance is Bliss - Scene from the Matrix - YouTube[/ame]

"it reminded me that he doesn't show all he has, especially right out of the gate."

We're all waiting for him to show something "out of the gate".....waiting 4 loooooooooooooong years! :cool:

Obama
Barb, Chris, courseofhistory, francoHFW, Lakhota, MarcATL, Rinata, RosieS, Sallow, Sarah G, sfcalifornia

The usual cast of characters. :lol::badgrin::lol::badgrin::lol: :tongue::razz:

As far as theatrics, Romney was far ahead. He looked almost manic at times.

But the lies. He may have a euphoria tonight, but tomorrow, the next day, the debates will be scrutinized and he will be asked about his positions tonight compared to his positions over the last 18 months. Mitt has the "flip flop" and "etch a sketch" labels for a reason.

So feel good tonight. It won't last.

Exactly...

Romney's problem is that he's actually taken JakeSnarkey's advice. He's trying to rush to the center and hoping nobody is going to remember his five years of engaging in right wing nutbaggery....

The media won't let him get away with it. Not for long.

Describing the President's performance last night, a New York Times editorialist called Obama "President Xanax."

That pretty much sums it up.

Forum List

Back